Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fool Proof Irrelevant Games?

CoffeeBeansCoffeeBeans Member

I am fool proofing the 1-35 bundle of games, and wondering if I should spend any time fool-proofing the so-called irrelevant games in the early tests.

JY mentions that they don't appear in modern tests.

Comments

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

Depends on when you're taking the test.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

I would recommend it. You never know what might get thrown at you, not everything's gonna be a cookie cutter game. Being able to handle weird games can only benefit you.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9377 karma

Those are not so irrelevant anymore!

• Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    edited January 2018 6867 karma

If you do (and I think you should, albeit at a lower priority level than the 'normal' games), you need to make sure you're not just memorizing the steps of the particular game, and instead figuring out how you should tackle it when starting fresh. "Irrelevant" games are by definition oddballs and therefore unpredictable, so learning the specific mechanics for that one game won't be nearly as useful as it is in a 'standard' game because it's about 99.999% certain that the next curveball you get thrown will be meaningfully different from the ones you've seen in the past. Learn the thought process, not just the particulars.

• Seeking PerfectionSeeking Perfection Alum Member
    edited January 2018 4423 karma

@CoffeeBeans said:
    I am fool proofing the 1-35 bundle of games, and wondering if I should spend any time fool-proofing the so-called irrelevant games in the early tests.

JY mentions that they don't appear in modern tests.

Foolproof them anyway. The games got more normal and then they started getting more strange again. They can't be trusted and the only way to be as confident as you can is to foolproof them all. Plus, they break up the monotony.