Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

can i plug my nose if it is running?

doyouevenLSATdoyouevenLSAT Core Member
in General 609 karma

like stuff it with tissues during the test?

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Completely dependent on the proctor I'd say. I'd also say if you do it discreetly (not massive tissues coming out) they won't even know you did it.

• doyouevenLSATdoyouevenLSAT Core Member
    609 karma

thanks.

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

Don't think they'll make an issue out of it.

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited January 2018 10774 karma

@doyouevenLSAT said:
    like stuff it with tissues during the test?

I think they just can't make an issue out of it. Tissues are there to help us with our runny nose .

On a different note, I hope none of the people I take a test with do that because it would be hard to concentrate and I would be laughing the whole time :) <3.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

Oh god, I always have a terribly runny nose and need my tissues... I really hope this isn't a problem. It's honestly something I've never even considered.

Has anyone had any experience having trouble with having things like tissues? I usually always keep a couple in my pocket.

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

I think they let us keep tissues on the desk.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    I think they let us keep tissues on the desk.

Oh god I hope so. I don't want to be sniffling and annoying the crap out of people sitting next to me. I better double up on my allergy meds just to be sure... Especially since I'm taking in June/September.

10774 karma

@"Alex Divine" said:
    Oh god, I always have a terribly runny nose and need my tissues... I really hope this isn't a problem. It's honestly something I've never even considered.

Has anyone had any experience having trouble with having things like tissues? I usually always keep a couple in my pocket.

By LSAC rules we are allowed to keep them on the desk. :)

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

Im pretty sure they're allowed on desks. When I sat last December tissues were allowed on desks. Thank god since I unfortunately got a nose bleed at the start of the first section. Smh...I hope it doesn't happen again during my June retake.

5254 karma

A mini pack of tissues is on my checklist. :)

10774 karma

@Gladiator_2017 said:
    Im pretty sure they're allowed on desks. When I sat last December tissues were allowed on desks. Thank god since I unfortunately got a nose bleed at the start of the first section. Smh...I hope it doesn't happen again during my June retake.

oh no!!!!! That's pretty bad :( It's like the worst case scenario.

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@Sami said:

@"Alex Divine" said:

By LSAC rules we are allowed to keep them on the desk. :)

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEjHK5kyXmFzS7uuY/giphy.gif

:)

• doyouevenLSATdoyouevenLSAT Core Member
    609 karma

i brought it up because while doing a section i was seriously having problems. lol. Then i remembered i had an Exam once where i had the same issue but did not have tissues (which is way worse).

So it got me thinking, to just plug my nose and then sync my watch with the start.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited January 2018 9372 karma

When I sat the December test, a proctor told me that I can't bring in tissues, so I told him, "Please read the second page of the Candidate Information Sheet. We are allowed to bring tissues and have them on the desktop." And he was like, "Oops, sorry!" (I basically memorized the Sheet. If the LSAT were a test based on memorization, I would get a 180)

• AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma

@akistotle said:
    When I sat the December test, a proctor told me that I can't bring in tissues, so I told him, "Please read the second page of the Candidate Information Sheet. We are allowed to bring tissues and have them on the desktop." And he was like, "Oops, sorry!" (I basically memorized the Sheet. If the LSAT were a test based on memorization, I would get a 180)

The fact you memorized the Candidate Information Sheet only makes me appreciate you that much more, haha. You put that proctor to shame :sweat_smile:

5254 karma

Glad you gently reminded them you were following the rules. This seems like a sign of a good future lawyer. :)

• westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma

Memorization should come in handy in law school so it will serve you well.come exam time :smile:

@akistotle said:

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@westcoastbestcoast said:
    Memorization should come in handy in law school so it will serve you well.come exam time :smile:

@akistotle said:

https://usatcollege.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/internship.gif

• OlamHafuchOlamHafuch Alum Member
    2326 karma

It's amazing that a thread about runny noses has become so popular. Can't wait until I get the e-mail next week about top discussions in the 7Sage forum and see that runny noses rules the roost.