Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bombed my 1st LSAT I did. Study I must

in General 101 karma

Hey everyone!

So I'm brand new to 7Sage. I woke up this morning to the dooming email from LSAC informing me that I scored a... wait for it... 144 on my February LSAT (looks up how to become LSAT tutor). I saw my score at 5:20am and signed up for 7Sage at 10:15am. I spent some time as an African American History Grad student and decided to go to law school in December so I only had three months of study time. Further, I'm have a full-job, wife, and 5 months old so three months was actually probably only one. I'm weirdly not upset because, while my score sucks, I know that my score can improve greatly as I contribute more time to studying. I am aiming for the September and December LSATs so there is time.

So for everyone who is here after their soul was sucked out by the Feb LSAT, let's party,

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Welcome to 7Sage! With time, dedication, and a positive attitude you will see improvement. I'm 100% positive of it!

Feel free to ask questions on the forums and during the course. The community here is always more than willing to help out!!

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Welcome to 7Sage! Lots of people here started in this score range and/or had early PT experiences with this range, did the program here and put in the work, then had really awesome results. You might also like the ThinkingLSAT podcast. I agree that there's great potential for improvement. There's also several parents on here, some of whom have young children and people with FT jobs. Things are going to get better.

And also, I'm sure your post is helping a lot of people who may have been too upset to write about similar disappointments so I commend you for having the courage to talk about your experiences and I hope it helps inspire more people to discuss setbacks and obstacles, as identifying what happened is a key step to making it better.

• gkoskigkoski Alum Member
    106 karma

Welcome! I can relate. My December score was like yours, and also balance FT job, spouse, and children. I signed up for 7sage, and the community is so awesome. Any questions I had or any support, I have been able to find here.

Good luck in your studies, and keep up the positivity! We can do this!