September Score Waiting/Reveal

2»

Comments

• TeddyKGBTeddyKGB Alum Member
    112 karma
    Diagnostic: 151
    Actual: 167
    (RC: -5 LR1: -6 LG: -0 LR2: -5)

Couldn't have gotten that donut without you, 7Sage!

• LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    We're here for you, whatever your decision is: venting, settling with score or persevering.. Though we'd be happier with persevering. And we know you will.
  • micas902micas902 Alum Member
    21 karma
    Everyone hang in. From what I can tell, many people benefit from retaking. It's a brutalizing test. I got a 157 the first time in June and pulled it up to a 167 this time around. You can do it too.

One of the things that stuck with me from the early lessons of 7sage is that it takes 6 months to a year to properly study for this test. Now how long did you study? Two or three months? Give yourself another three months and see how much more confident you feel. You'll be an expert soon enough.
  • cjonescjones Alum Member
    edited October 2014 48 karma
    Yes, I only studied for two months, but I have to say a big Thank You to 7sage! I needed a 165 for a full tuition scholarship for the law school I can attend, so that's where I set my sights. I got a 166! My first diagnostic score on 7sage was a 158, so that's an 8 point increase. (I only bought the basic membership) Thank you, 7sage! You've saved me a fortune in test-prep costs and law school!!!!
    (RC: -6; LR1: -6; LG: -5; LR2: -1) I thought I did better on the LG than I actually did, but that last LR section saved me, I guess...lol.
  • aepowellaepowell Alum Member
    edited October 2014 3 karma
    @BlakeLexington I also did -9 on games when I usually do -3.
    @msmith85 I got 10 below my average. I'm with you. I've been crying for hours.

Have no idea what I'm going to do.
  • joegotbored-1joegotbored-1 Alum Member
    802 karma
    Just finished registering for December. Not looking forward to the pain and constant tired feeling again, but I'm in it to win it. I don't give up.
  • The 180 Bro_OVOThe 180 Bro_OVO Alum Inactive ⭐
    1392 karma
    Holy shit. Are huge drops normal?
  • barcanoubarcanou Alum Member
    45 karma
    I think it's typical to miss a few more questions than you would on a PT, but I somehow completely screwed up on one of the LR sections (-12) which the most I ever miss is three or four. Pretty crazy, just have to work toward December and pushing each other for endurance and speed.
    112 karma
    Sorry to those that didn't score where they should've. 7Sage is such a great resource and with more time and effort you'll absolutely do great. Keep your chin up.
  • bealebeale Alum Member
    3 karma
    Have to admit I'm a little confused about this whole "retaking" business. I didn't do as great as I wanted, but it seems like a lot of schools frown upon retaking and only consider your lowest score, or average your scores. Is retaking really a good idea?

Also I can find hardly any information about having a PhD already and getting into law school. I didn't do super great on the LSAT but I have a PhD from an ivy in biomedical sciences (I'm interested in patent law) and was very successful in grad school. Think this will compensate in any way for a mediocre score?

This is all so stressful!! Hang in there everyone!!
    112 karma
    Retaking is not frowned upon at all. LSAT/LS applicants are WAY down; it truly is a buyer's market right now. They only have to report your highest--that's all they care about. As for the PhD from an ivy, I'm not 100% sure and maybe others can chime in. From what I've gathered schools don't report grad school grades, so they don't have a major effect. It definitely is an excellent "soft," though.
  • 0308050903080509 Alum Member
    7 karma
    166. Retaking in Feb. it is then
  • joegotbored-1joegotbored-1 Alum Member
    802 karma
    @beale Teddy is completely right. We're in a buyer's market. When you combine that fact with the reality of the world regarding "rankings," schools are VERY inclined to consider your highest score, even if it's not much higher than an earlier score. ABA and USNWR use highest scores when figuring out their data, so the schools are encouraged to have high scores to report.

Many explicitly state that they consider all scores but generally concern themselves most with your best score. They also encourage submission of an addendum to explain any large jump/drop in your scores if you retake.

Your PhD will help, but only in the sense that it shows you're committed to something and likely capable from an academic standpoint. That said, for rankings and ABA reports, only undergraduate grades matter. It won't hurt you, but it might not help that much. At lower ranked schools I would bet it would help less than it might at higher ranked schools. I say this because at higher ranked schools, there is generally less to differentiate students with otherwise similarly high scores/grades. A graduate degree in that small, elite world might help quite a bit.
  • unrealsimonunrealsimon Alum Member
    48 karma
    I really feel bad for those of you in the states, who have to take the LSAT. I got a 159, 4 pts lower than my worst PT, and i'm very pissed. So i will never take the LSAT again. But here in Quebec you can attend civil law schools without this bloody test.
    Good luck to the retakers, you have a lot more courage than I ever could amass.
  • serendipityserendipity Alum Member
    edited November 2014 42 karma
    Edit
  • MichaelsMichaels Free Trial Member
    14 karma
    PT average- 166-169, Actual score- 158

Hoping the retake in December goes better. Bombed the LR sections surprisingly which is my best section after LG.