Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RC Question Type Lessons in CC?

youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member

I see in JY's RC answer explanations he makes mention of specific RC Questions types where he tells the strategy of how to approach that specific question type (Ex. "Function in Context" Questions - "read a little before, read a little after").

Is there a lesson in CC or anywhere that breaks down what we should do/expect for each RC question type?

Thanks.

Comments

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

I don't recall seeing a CC lesson dedicated to RC question types. That said, RC questions are basically LR questions ("Function" questions are equivalent to AP questions, for example). If you want me to name specific CC lessons, I personally would point to LR lessons.

• Simple ManSimple Man Alum Member
    448 karma

A lot of RC questions are simply MBT questions. What does the passage infer? What does the author infer? Which would the author most likely agree with? The passage would answer which of the following questions?

The correct answer choice is supported by the passage. These tripped me up for a while. I would think of going beyond the passage and picking an abstract answer. But like MBT in the LR, the answer choice will be supported by the passage.

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14050 karma

The lesson set with this lesson is where I spend time talking about the different kinds of RC question stems you're likely to encounter.
    https://7sage.com/lesson/asteroid-satellite-systems-question-1/

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

There's also a webinar on RC Question Types that's really good.

• youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
    edited June 2018 1755 karma

@"J.Y. Ping" said:
    The lesson set with this lesson is where I spend time talking about the different kinds of RC question stems you're likely to encounter.
    https://7sage.com/lesson/asteroid-satellite-systems-question-1/

a reply from JY - so honored!! :) thanks for following up JY!

Is this lesson just specific to the asteroid satellite systems section - or do you also do it for other sections in CC?

Also, I think in the asteroid satellite systems lesson, you mostly do the RC question stems for Main point, inference questions, etc.

But there are also some question types that you didn't get to in the Asteroid lesson -- question types such as strengthen, weaken, analogy, etc.

Is there a specific CC lesson for those (in my view) tougher question types?

Or would you suggest the best way to learn those specific question types is to simply watch your video explanations for those specific questions (strengthen, analogy, etc.) when we see them in our drilling/PTing?

Thanks so much! :)