Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What other products have supplemented your study?

Hey guys, I am fairly new to the community here. I am planning to take the test in September. Because I have only recently been able to gain a more open schedule, I am somewhat intimidated by the remaining time I have until the exam date. I will begin working full time this upcoming July, therefore I seek to dedicate a certain number of hours a week to LSAT study. Do any of you have a recommendation of a certain amount of hours? Also, aside from using 7sage, has there been any apps or products you think would compliment the use of 7sage?

Comments

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

What's your target score (range)?

• tringo335tringo335 Alum Member
    3679 karma

@FixedDice said:

And are you starting fresh with studying? Or have you already completed the CC?

• ebalde1234ebalde1234 Member
    905 karma

I wouldn't be looking at sup. material until you've gone through the CC. I've tried other books before 7sage - powerscore/ kaplan ( personally I did not like them) after going through the CC a few times I found a princeton review book that I actually like - the only thing I focused on was LR . LG games I would pick one company and run with it otherwise you are going to confuse yourself. But for RC/LR I did browse the internet as well to pick up strategies http://www.kaptest.com/study/lsat/whats-tested-on-the-lsat-logical-reasoning/

This is a brief summary guide of the material (see above) they cover all 3 sections but not in depth

• a.barreto1219a.barreto1219 Member
    13 karma

@FixedDice said:
    What's your target score (range)? Of course the higher the better, but around a 155-160 would be fair goal.
    @tringo335 said:

@FixedDice said:

And are you starting fresh with studying? Or have you already completed the CC?

I have not completed all of the CC yet, I’m still very much in the begining. Therefore, I’m very fresh with it!

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    1804 karma

But what's your target score (range)?

• westher008westher008 Alum Member
    edited June 2018 37 karma

I'm taking the June test in a week, and have previously consulted the Kaplan books, Powerscore bibles, and Princeton Review's Cracking the LSAT. Recently, I also find the questions from Khan Academy's LSAT practice extremely helpful, because they make you focus on your weak areas after a diagnostic.

I've studied at least four hours a day, going up to 8 hours on very intense days. This last week though, I'm taking it somewhat easy and only doing up to 2 hours a day.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited June 2018 3652 karma

I don’t think supplements are necessary. If you want to invest your money on anything extra, just compile PDFs of drills from the 7sage cc and get them bound at a copy center. Saves time and energy in printing. I just got 300+ pages of LR drills printed and bound, cost me $26.

• LastLSATLastLSAT Alum Member
    1028 karma

I agree with @"surfy surf" that you're better off just spending the money on extra printed practice materials. I used 7Sage, the LSAT Trainer, and PowerScore. In the end, I definitely could have gotten away with 7Sage alone and still achieved my goal score.

If you feel that having a companion text to read through helps while you watch JY's videos though, I found that Mike Kim's LSAT Trainer synced up with the 7Sage curriculum fine. Definitely not necessary though—just nice for a primer at the start or refresher after the end of the CC.

I would not recommend PowerScore, though many like it and have successfully used it.

• a.barreto1219a.barreto1219 Member
    13 karma

@LastLSAT said:
    I agree with @"surfy surf" that you're better off just spending the money on extra printed practice materials. I used 7Sage, the LSAT Trainer, and PowerScore. In the end, I definitely could have gotten away with 7Sage alone and still achieved my goal score.

If you feel that having a companion text to read through helps while you watch JY's videos though, I found that Mike Kim's LSAT Trainer synced up with the 7Sage curriculum fine. Definitely not necessary though—just nice for a primer at the start or refresher after the end of the CC.

I would not recommend PowerScore, though many like it and have successfully used it.

Thank you, that makes a lot of sense!

@westher008 said:
    I'm taking the June test in a week, and have previously consulted the Kaplan books, Powerscore bibles, and Princeton Review's Cracking the LSAT. Recently, I also find the questions from Khan Academy's LSAT practice extremely helpful, because they make you focus on your weak areas after a diagnostic.

I've studied at least four hours a day, going up to 8 hours on very intense days. This last week though, I'm taking it somewhat easy and only doing up to 2 hours a day.

Thank you!

@FixedDice
    155-160