Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

July takers: what PTs are y'all doing?

Return On InferenceReturn On Inference Alum Member
edited June 2018 in General 503 karma

Word around town is that the July exam is going to be one of those exams that LSAC pulls out of the vault from several years ago, so doing PTs 75-83 might not be the best way to prepare for it.

Curious as to how far back yall are going in the PTs?

Personally don't think they're gonna go back too far so I'm doing pts 60-70.

What PTs should July testers take?
  1. Which PTs are you using to prepare?62 votes
    1. 50-60
        1.61%
    2. 60-70
      19.35%
    3. 70-80
      48.39%
    4. It doesn't matter
      30.65%

Comments

• BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma

I'm doing a bit of the 50s to assist in the September study group's progress along side that, I'm doing 70-80s with a deep dive into the material to strengthen my specific weaknesses.

• IntoTheFrayIntoTheFray Alum Member
    67 karma

I'm unsure as to whether or not I'll register for the July one, but I am extremely curious about where you got such word on the street.
    I had no clue one could predict/estimate the contents of any future LSAT

• mjk052017mjk052017 Alum Member
    14 karma

Would they pull a public test, though? I assume they would pull a previous February test. That's what undisclosed tests are for.

• ChaimtheGreatChaimtheGreat Alum Member 🍌🍌
    1277 karma

@IntoTheFray said:
    I'm unsure as to whether or not I'll register for the July one, but I am extremely curious about where you got such word on the street.
    I had no clue one could predict/estimate the contents of any future LSAT

Guessing they got it from powerscore which made that prediction. They will pull from February but it may look more like an early-mid 70s test. I’m gonna knock out PT67, 69, 71, 73 and the realeased 2016 January test. But this is more because they r clean and leads about when they are from. I have done all the 80s.

• Return On InferenceReturn On Inference Alum Member
    503 karma

@IntoTheFray said:

I'm unsure as to whether or not I'll register for the July one, but I am extremely curious about where you got such word on the street. I had no clue one could predict/estimate the contents of any future LSAT

Powerscore and a few other prep companies have made the prediction. The July exam was announced rather suddenly, and in the past when LSAC has had to scramble a testing administration together on short notice, they've always used undisclosed exams from the past.

@mjk052017 said:

Would they pull a public test, though? I assume they would pull a previous February test. That's what undisclosed tests are for.

They 100% will not pull a previously disclosed exam, but if they're pulling an exam out of the vault from a few years ago then the exam might be a little different from the most recent exams. IMO there's a small (but still apparent) difference in exams from the 50s vs. 60s vs. 70s vs. 80s.

There's been a lot of discussion of how far back they'll go, with some people predicting an exam from 2011-2013, some predicting 2015-2016, and some predicting even further back.

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

If my schedule holds, I'm taking PTs 73, 79, & 83 whole and PT 55 split into sections (as I'll be on a west coast vaca that week). FWIW, I would not try to get too cute with trying to figure out "what LSAC is doing." Just learn the material.

• 124 karma

but, but but

• DINOSAURDINOSAUR Member
    591 karma

Wow I didn't know you could predict the LSAT tests like this. Does anyone know whether international tests are the same as North American ones?

• 414 karma

@DINOSAUR said:
    Wow I didn't know you could predict the LSAT tests like this. Does anyone know whether international tests are the same as North American ones?

Traditionally I heard that the international tests have been previous undisclosed ones. But with the whole Flex thing and this July one combining international and North American tests, I am not sure anymore.