Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fool Proof one specific game all at once??

CLAY277CLAY277 Member
in Logic Games 25 karma

For those of you have achieved significant improvement fool proofing, do you practice a specific game all at once? Say it's game x form test x you're having issues with. If you decide to repeat it eight times, do you repeat it eight times all at once? Or do you do it four times, do other games and come back to it four times more?? TY

Comments

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    edited July 2018 2531 karma

I don't think that doing games by type (beyond the CC) is a good strategy. Part of the challenge with logic games is knowing how to interpret the setup of the game and translating that into a board setup on your paper. If you enter into a game with the knowledge of that game type before-hand then you won't have the same ability to diagnose that game in the future that a student who drilled by section does.

• KeepCalmKeepCalm Alum Member
    807 karma

I wouldn’t recommend repeating a game type or a specific set of games because you may start to feel frustrated. You will see improvement as you explore other game types/levels of difficulty. That will help you gain clarity. Eventually, you will return to the passages you were having trouble with and notice patterns/inferences you were not able to see before :)

• CLAY277CLAY277 Member
    25 karma

The game type is sort of irrelevant. I'm saying when **fool proofing ** any game, say 10 times, should you do it ten times straight right then and there or spread your repetitions out among hours/days.

• kimpg_66kimpg_66 Alum Member
    1617 karma

Have you read Pacifico's post about Fool Proofing? It goes into detail. Please, do not do 10 times in a row lol. That's good for burnout and that's about it. Anyone can memorize a game after doing it 5+ times. The trick is to be able to learn how to make the inferences even after you've forgotten them.

If you haven't: https://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2737/logic-games-attack-strategy/p1

• AshleighKAshleighK Alum Member
    786 karma

@CLAY277 said:
    The game type is sort of irrelevant. I'm saying when **fool proofing ** any game, say 10 times, should you do it ten times straight right then and there or spread your repetitions out among hours/days.

I spread them out by days. I'll do my first try then I'll decide to either do the second try immediately after or the next day (I usually wait because I want to try it out lessening the effects of pure memorization of answers etc) then the third try on a 3rd day then I'll continue till I hit -0. Then, I revisit that game or section in a week or few days. I personally like to do the games by section.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    edited July 2018 1777 karma

While studying, I put aside a bunch of questions that I just couldn't get right, couldn't finish in the suggested time, or didn't feel like I "owned". I came back to them a few days later, and realized that some of the ones I got all right before were pretty difficult. The point is: you don't want to memorize the answers; you want to memorize HOW you made each inference. That's less likely to happen if you crush the game once and then put it away forever.