Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transferring PT Footage to Computer

Legally_SpeakingLegally_Speaking Alum Member
in General 553 karma

Forgive me if I sound like a geriatric, but how easy of a process is transferring PT video footage from an I-Phone to a computer?

Comments

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited July 2018 3652 karma

You can airdrop to your Mac, save it to Dropbox or google drive, upload it to the YouTube app.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

If you are using a Mac, I recommend using Image Capture and then uploading it to YouTube (unlisted). It would take so much time to Airdrop 35-minute videos.

If you are using a Windows, I think you can connect your iPhone using a cable (and you can find the videos in the Internal Storage folder of your iPhone under "This PC").

Just so you know, to upload videos that are longer than 15 minutes on YouTube, you have to verify your YouTube account: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/71673

• L.EtrangerL.Etranger Alum Member
    72 karma

Can't speak for iPhones, but I would suggest a video compressor software. We Transfer is one I like and have used with success before.

• JustDoItJustDoIt Alum Member
    3112 karma

Also, if it is possible, you can record from your Mac. Otherwise, definitely upload to YouTube.