Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Okay so I'm an IDIOT AND HIGH KEY freaking out about my admission ticket....

lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
edited July 2018 in General 894 karma

So basically I followed the guidelines on LSAC's page where you upload your admission ticket photo. This is the photo on my admission ticket.

I just read the instructions on the extra pages printed when you print your admission ticket and it says that "The photo must have been taken within the last six months." I did not see that requirement on the page where I uploaded the photo. The photo meets all other requirements, looks like me, etc. But now I'm freaking out.

I know what you're thinking--- how will they know that I didn't take it within the last six months? Well because I've used the same photo for other LSATs before. I guess I was just stupid and didn't realize one of the requirements until now. So now I'm like freaking out. Anyways, I was let in the other times like normal. I also wear glasses to the exam and in my photo I don't wear glasses but I am recognizable otherwise. I think I'll be okay lol but I'm still scared. I think worse comes to worst, there will just be a delay in reporting my score if LSAC realizes it's an old photo. But I don't think proctors will have any other materials to distinguish us from besides their roster with our LSAC photos next to our name. Like I'm saying I don't think they will get to see how old the photo was or if it had been used for another administration. But what do I know?

I'm so scared lol.

Comments

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    6045 karma

How would they know it's an old photo though? Like there's no way proctors will recognize you or the photo. It's not like lsat ticket has a function of when the photo was uploaded. If they really cared about that then they'd clear their database of stored pictures on accounts after 6 months. You'll be fine! Take deep breaths. And then when I'm freaking out about the same issue in a few months you can remind me :wink:

• 1000001910000019 Alum Member
    3279 karma

You're fine. If they wanted to enforce that rule, they could have checked the image metadata when you uploaded it. I assume they include that line so people don't use super old photos where they don't match the photo.

• lady macbethlady macbeth Alum Member
    edited July 2018 894 karma

@keets993 said:
    How would they know it's an old photo though? Like there's no way proctors will recognize you or the photo. It's not like lsat ticket has a function of when the photo was uploaded. If they really cared about that then they'd clear their database of stored pictures on accounts after 6 months. You'll be fine! Take deep breaths. And then when I'm freaking out about the same issue in a few months you can remind me :wink:

I don't think proctors will be able to know that it's an old photo. I don't know lol I'm just paranoid that after the test is collected, I'm going to get some message from LSAC saying oh, hey, buddy, we realize you've used the same photo for past administrations so it's older than six months. I highly doubt proctors would know and bar me from the testing room based off an old photo (cause they wouldn't know I'm assuming). And of course girll, i'll remind you. i wouldn't wish this anxiety on my worst enemy.

894 karma

@10000019 said:
    You're fine. If they wanted to enforce that rule, they could have checked the image metadata when you uploaded it. I assume they include that line so people don't use super old photos where they don't match the photo.

I sure as fuck hope so!! i don't want to rack my mind with this anxiety the weekend before the test lol I was just beginning to get in a good confident mood before I realized this.

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    3652 karma

Wow I did not notice that rule at all! My pic is a passport photo from probably 4 years ago and I used it during last year's June LSAT too lol. I really doubt it will matter.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Don’t worry about it! As long as it still looks like you, you’re fine. :) I first uploaded mine early last year and just used it on the June test and was fine. Deep breaths! All good. :)

894 karma

@"surfy surf" @"Leah M B" thanks for calming my nerves lol it was really starting to get me paranoid honestly haha. i've literally had the same photo in my LSAC account forever, never bothered changing it because it always met the requirement and works --- except for the one i just realized lol

• sandypantssandypants Alum Member
    231 karma

I'm so glad you asked this, I realized I had the same issue today!! My other issue is that I cut off a foot of my hair since my last pic, but figured I could just say I got a haircut (it's still just below my shoulders!) and I think otherwise it's obviously me :neutral:

I think (HOPE) we'll be just fine :smile:

Good luck tomorrow!