Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Has Anyone taken all 84 LSAT practice tests?

cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
edited July 2018 in General 917 karma

I was just wondering if anyone has taken all LSAT practice exams? I am planning to take June's 2019 LSAT test but I still believe that it will be very hard to complete all those exams. I am planning to start taking practice tests in December since I believe that by then I would have learned everything from 7sage and I also think I will take 2 quarters off of school since I am ahead in units. So ill have 6 months to take a practice test every other day, and I was wondering if anyone has done that and if that is doable. Also incase things don't go as planned, is it possible to take a practice test everyday or is that just overkill?

Comments

• 200 karma

A practice test everyday would be overkill. Doing more PTs on its own isn't necessarily beneficial. You need to do a methodical blind review and then examine and learn from every single mistake and hesitation on one PT before you move on to another.

At the beginning, you will be making more mistakes, so your review will take longer. I've seen people saying that, when you're starting out, 1 a week or even 1 every 2 weeks is plenty. If you're taking PTs faster then you can review them, you definitely need to slow down. If you are making mistakes or due to fatigue or burnout, you need to slow down.

That being said, now that I'm close to the end of my study arc (been studying since May 2017 with only a few weeks off here and there over this period). I can do two, even three PTs in a week without feeling burned out. Why? Because on a good day, I only get around 3-5 questions wrong on any given test, so my review is very targeted. Also I have been building up my stamina through taking PTs for a long period of time. Thus I can do more PTs in a week than someone starting out.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the more recent tests (36+) are more relevant to what the LSAT you write will look like. I'd say you'd get more from rewriting a PT in the 70s that you wrote a few months ago then writing PT 10 (for example) fresh, as there are question types that no longer appear and some of the older questions are not quite as "tight" as you would expect in more modern tests.

• FixedDiceFixedDice Member
    edited July 2018 1804 karma

is it possible to take a practice test everyday or is that just overkill?

It is definitely possible, but it will make your life quite unpleasant. It may also prove counterproductive if not done correctly. There is a big difference between taking and studying PTs.

Whatever you do, try and take a look at all AR sets.

• kevinarliuskevinarlius Free Trial Member
    3 karma

Hello,

I have taken at least 80/84 PTs available, one practice test each day, and it has been quite effective for me. Right now I'm retaking PTs since I ran out of the fresh ones.
    I don't think burning out is quite an issue for me. Although, I would not recommend taking a new PT everyday just because you would soon run out of fresh PTs. In case you'd want to retake it next time, you might want to save some fresh PTs.

I think doing a fresh PT every other day should be a good plan. If all you're doing for 6 months is studying for the LSAT, I don't think that will be too much work. I would try to do as much PTs, reviews, and drills, while at the same time avoiding being burnt out.
    I would spend the days in between PTs reviewing your mistakes and fool proofing Logic Games.

Hope this helps!

• KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma

@kevinarlius how did your score improve from when u started till when u finished with all pts?

• sx23sx23 Alum Member
    409 karma

I also did that for my final two month of studying (every other day) and it’s definitely doable. And I took around 75/83 PTs available. Just make sure to stop and review whether you see severe score drops. I think burn out really depends on who you’re talking to. I have a friend who does one per day and is still fine. I started in Jan this year, finished the CC in a month( only did half of it until I felt comfortable with most question types). I was in school this spring so I did one test per week for about 3 months(36-early 50); did whole sections/P sets for the rest of the week. Then I started full time studying towards the end of April doing I test every other day and took the June 2018 test.

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2038 karma

I took PTs 1-83, A, B, C, C2, and F97. PT 84 was the actual test for me. I was doing about 3-4 PTs a week and BR'ing each of them. I personally didn't feel a burnout, but my first time taking it I scored a decent bit below my PT average. Before retaking in June, I retook about 10-15 PTs which allowed me to learn things I didn't even realize that I had overlooked the first time I took them (esp helpful for RC personally). I guess theoretically if someone actually had enough time to retake every LSAT a few times I think they would be able to brute-force their way into the 170s.

• hawaiihihawaiihi Free Trial Member
    973 karma

I personally didn't do all the PTs! And I wouldn't either! I cannibalized a lot of PTs and used their sections individually for study.

• mgzero2mgzero2 Alum Member
    edited July 2018 86 karma

As someone who has come close to them all I think it's stupid. Do a total of 30-40. Make sure you carefully review and analyze. Make sure it's a good mix of tests. End of story. More tests don't help if you practice bad form. If I didn't practice shit form for 35 or so tests I would have been just as good.

• kevinarliuskevinarlius Free Trial Member
    3 karma

@Kateryna my diagnostic was ~158. My average after taking a few PTs right after the core curriculum was ~165. My average after finishing most of the PTs was 171.