Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

how do you meditate

youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
in General 1755 karma

hey all,

so i've heard a lot of ppl talk about the benefits of meditating. Meditating sounds super abstract -- i honestly don't even know what it means, what i should do. is it just you close your eyes and empty your mind? do you think about anything?

i found that I sometimes lose focus in LR. whether it's reading the stimulus and reading the same darn sentence like 3x or other inefficient/unfocused stuff where i lose time. sometimes my thoughts also just wander.

i recently tried just closing my eyes for like 5 minutes before i started an LR section. i thought in my head just my general strategy, and tried to visualize it. it kinda helped once i stated my LR section.

anyway,
any advice/comments on meditating for LSAT focus would be appreciated.

thank you!

Comments

• amicuslsatamicuslsat Alum Member
    178 karma

Headspace is a great start! Highly recommend it. My head's always racing with irrelevant thoughts but ever since I started using the app, I find it to be a much calmer place. Good luck! :)

• Adam HawksAdam Hawks Alum Member
    990 karma

Check out @Pacifico great webinar on meditation.

https://7sage.com/webinar/managing-stress/

• NotMyNameNotMyName Alum Member Sage
    5320 karma

I sit up straight on the edge of my bed and set my phone timer for 10 minutes. I like to imagine facing difficulties on a test and see myself responding to them well.

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

There are a lot of different methods. I personally like to stretch while I clear my head. It's easier to focus on the stretching feeling (to me) than it is to just try to have an empty head. Or I'll go over positive thoughts in my head. For me, it's more about being present in the moment than about trying to be empty per se.