Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Burnout orrrr is this normal?

Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
in Logic Games 2186 karma

So I finished PT 67 knowing I did poorly on the LG section (ended up guessing on the last game). I only had about 6 mins to finish the game and completely froze. I went to BR the game the next day and once again it looked like it was written in a different language. But this morning (without having watched the explanation) I was able to easily make my way through each question. Until now, I’ve never struggled with a game and then just magically had it click without foolproofing.

Comments

• MissChanandlerMissChanandler Alum Member Sage
    3256 karma

I don't think that this is evidence of burnout unless you're having other burnout type symptoms too. Sometimes a game just clicks.

• eRetakereRetaker Free Trial Member
    2038 karma

Eh I don't think you have burnout. That last game is legitimately hard. Plus, it was your third time taking it so I'm sure something just clicked then.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

Interesting. We'll if it's not burnout then I'm absolutely terrified of running into that situation on the actual test. I haven't hit the games in the 70s yet but I've been told the games get slightly easier. Truly hope that's the case because I tend to freeze up on super difficult games.

• keets993keets993 Alum Member 🍌
    edited September 2018 6045 karma

If it had happened across other sections as well then I'd be more inclined to say it was burnout but if it was just one game on LG then just panic. It's good though cause learning how to not freeze is just something you build up through practice. Better to deal with it on PTs for the first time, be aware of the signs, and learn how to deal with it instead of facing it for the first time on test day.

2186 karma

@keets993 said:
    If it had happened across other sections as well then I'd be more inclined to say it was burnout but if it was just one game on LG then just panic. It's good though cause you learning how to not freeze is just something you build up through practice. Better to deal with it on PTs for the first time, be aware of the signs, and learn how to deal with it instead of facing it for the first time on test day.

You're right about that. I'm going to analyze the hell out of that question to figure out was tripped me up. I have a feeling it's the complicated wording. I didn't fully understand the stimulus and well... you can't move on without comprehending what the stimulus is saying.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Agreed with the others that it doesn't sound like burnout if it's just 1 game. But, it never hurts to take a couple days off to rest if you think it could be burn out.

• samantha.ashley92samantha.ashley92 Alum Member
    1777 karma

If it happens again, probably burnout or exhaustion. It’s hard to judge based on one game.

2186 karma

@"samantha.ashley92" said:
    If it happens again, probably burnout or exhaustion. It’s hard to judge based on one game.

Makes sense. Gonna do some sections to test the water.

• Regis_Phalange63Regis_Phalange63 Alum Member
    1058 karma

The zone/subzone game was awful. But I honestly think the last game from PT 68 is THE WOOOORRRSSSTT game I have ever seen.... The zone/subzone game is a babe compared to the last game from PT 68. Even the writer of LSAT Hacks says he got 3 wrong on a timed PT. Even after his retake, he still calls the game stressful and confusing.