Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

✈️ October 2018 LSAT Discussion Thread (International) ✈️

Comments

• eieieieieieieiei Free Trial Member
    edited October 2018 10 karma

Took the test in South Korea, with 3 LR sections. LR(26)-RC-LR(26)-LR(25)-LG.
    The second LR was brutally difficult for me, and I am hoping that one is an experimental.
    I honestly don't remember which questions belong to which section, but I remember that the first question of the second LR was "complete the sentence" type. Does anyone remember this?

• Andrew HAndrew H Free Trial Member
    90 karma

Well the brutally difficult will be counted towards LSAT score. We are only depending between LR (26 questions and LR (25). Are you sure the first section was 26 questions? I believe it is 25 questions for first section which you found hard.

90 karma

forLR third section, can anyone recall exact wording of any question?

edited October 2018 10 karma

It was actually the second LR I found hard, not the first one. And I am pretty sure that the first section was 26 questions!

90 karma

That;s weird, did you sit Exam at UniMelb Wilson Hall?

• Adam HawksAdam Hawks Alum Member
    990 karma

Finished the test today in Hong Kong. Same as mentioned earlier with Rattlesnakes and Geese.

• bookieciaobookieciao Free Trial Member
    14 karma

@"Andrew H" said:
    So bookiechao, you and me are leaning towards 3rd section LR which is experimental (i.e. the one after 15 minute break) CORRECT?

No. i had two 26 questions LR. You had two 25 questions LR. We had different experimental. I'm just saying that the 3rd section of my test, which is the 2nd LR of my test and happened before the break, might be the experimental for me. I think yours is different.

90 karma

really? is that possible?? I thought we do same question sections together.

10 karma

@bookieciao said:

@"Andrew H" said:
    So bookiechao, you and me are leaning towards 3rd section LR which is experimental (i.e. the one after 15 minute break) CORRECT?

No. i had two 26 questions LR. You had two 25 questions LR. We had different experimental. I'm just saying that the 3rd section of my test, which is the 2nd LR of my test and happened before the break, might be the experimental for me. I think yours is different.

Do you remember if the first question of your 2nd LR was "complete the sentence" type?

• bookieciaobookieciao Free Trial Member
    14 karma

@eieieiei said:

@bookieciao said:

@"Andrew H" said:

Do you remember if the first question of your 2nd LR was "complete the sentence" type?

I can't recall. But I know for sure question #18 in my 2nd LR is a question about frozen and fresh veggies. and question 22 is something about primates and overcrowding.

90 karma

Yeah my2nd LR had "complete the sentence passage", but my third LR section was very familiar questions related to one of PTs , I cannot recall which one was it, but I am certain that the scored sections were first(25questions) and second section (26 questions)

• stratocasterstratocaster Free Trial Member
    76 karma

I also sat at unimelb. Really hoping the first LR was experimental because I completely tanked on it (couldn't focus properly) but I was pretty happy with my other LR's. I've heard so much conflicting information as to which one is likely the experimental. I'm pretty sure the first LR was 26 questions btw

90 karma

that's pretty strange. you might have got sections swapped around compared to my one. my one starts : 1st SECTION (25), After reading Comprehension 2nd Section (26) and after 15 minute break LR (25)

90 karma

can you give me rough idea of the question that was asked on your other sections besides the one that many mention and assume to be real scores on LSAT. I have a section where I firmly believe I have touched on prep tests before official exam. There was one question on Neanderthals from Anthropologist.

76 karma

@"Andrew H" said:
    that's pretty strange. you might have got sections swapped around compared to my one. my one starts : 1st SECTION (25), After reading Comprehension 2nd Section (26) and after 15 minute break LR (25)

I'm 99% certain that my first section had 26 because I remember checking the question count first thing when I opened the booklet. I've seen others who sat in Aus say the same thing for question number being 26.

The whole day was a bit of a blur but from memory first LR mentioned cotton/polyester, second I can't even remember a single one, third had geese formation, squirrel/rattlesnake and trex fossils

90 karma

okay. Make sense now. But I am indeed sure that mine started 25 questions, then 26 questions then 25. The second that you could not remember was my third section which I believed it was experimental section where there was Neanderthals (Anthropology) question etc. Some people had same as me too, 25-26-25 (for LR)

76 karma

@"Andrew H" said:
    okay. Make sense now. But I am indeed sure that mine started 25 questions, then 26 questions then 25. The second that you could not remember was my third section which I believed it was experimental section where there was Neanderthals (Anthropology) question etc. Some people had same as me too, 25-26-25 (for LR)

That's interesting. They must jumble it up for everyone then. Still hoping my 1st LR was experimental! Are you aiming for MLS next year?

90 karma

Very hard to get in. But considering UniMelb as one of my options.

76 karma

@"Andrew H" said:
    Very hard to get in. But considering UniMelb as one of my options.

You got a really good shot if you have a WAM 70-75%+ and LSAT 150+

edited October 2018 90 karma

Lol let’s see, very hard to get 150+ since I am frustrated with which LR is experimental

• wentingli1617wentingli1617 Free Trial Member
    edited October 2018 12 karma

@"Andrew H" said:
    Lol let’s see, very hard to get 150+ since I am frustrated with which LR is experimental

I also have Neanerthals questions in one of my ir but I couldnt remember which one it belongs to and I firmly sure that my lr was 26 26 25.

Other questions like zero interest rates, primate under overcrowding conditions may be experimental?

edited October 2018 90 karma

But according to Powerscore October 2018 International Exam (Asia, Australia), Neanderthals was not mentioned as counted towards final LSAT Score but it appeared in my third section(*25 questions). That section I think is experimental because it is quite a familiar question and last question 25 also for that section, there was a choice that had Dr Tran on it according to my memory and I think I have touched that question before LSAT exam. But section II, no doubt 26 questions will definitely be counted towards LSAT score. So assuming section III is experimental. but first section LR I did not have chance to finish it.

• JCUI7455JCUI7455 Free Trial Member
    78 karma

Guys I am so anxious while waiting for this score. Anyone out there feeling the same?

90 karma

yes me too, my intestines are burning

• Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
    1091 karma

Yep. The stress and anxiety is worse than the exam itself.

76 karma

Since this isn't the typical sat LSAT does that mean the curve and raw scores to scale score will be different?

90 karma

bad luck for us encountering 3 LRs ; now it is tough and too late to decide whether we did well; if we had two AR, we would not stress and be anxious about our overall LSAT performance.

• JCUI7455JCUI7455 Free Trial Member
    78 karma

When is the score gonna come out? Is it Oct 31st local time at our locations?

90 karma

Yes, maybe the night earlier depending on your surname

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@cui_j2 said:
    When is the score gonna come out? Is it Oct 31st local time at our locations?

It's usually Eastern Time in the U.S.

edited October 2018 9372 karma

@"Andrew H" said:
    Yes, maybe the night earlier depending on your surname

No, historically, scores are released randomly, not alphabetically.

• Adam HawksAdam Hawks Alum Member
    990 karma

Honestly, I've been super deflated after the exam. Like a great burden has been lifted and I wonder what I will do next in my life. Back to some NBA 2k and Red Dead Redemption. If my score sucks, we'll start the game back up again in December.

90 karma

lol, what was your experience of the LSAT PREP TEST 85 in general?? In Australia, everyone assumed the PREPTEST was reuse of December 2016 which it came to be a surprise and no one could figure out exactly which section was experimental. 3 LRs, so no one could judge the book by its cover if we have done well enough to get reasonable score.

76 karma

No too much longer now! I think I got a shot at getting my target score if the first LR was an experimental, I guess I'll find out either way soon

I hope LSAC can announce when exactly they're going to start releasing scores on Twitter like they did for July and September LSATs in North America.

90 karma

My intestines are burning and my brain is not in good mode unless I get around 155 for LSAT

76 karma

@akistotle said:
    I hope LSAC can announce when exactly they're going to start releasing scores on Twitter like they did for July and September LSATs in North America.

The projected date is the 31st (not sure if that's accounting for Aus calender). Apparently this year, from what I've read, the LSAT hasn't been released early and has always come out on the projected date, so likely 2 more days

90 karma

What do you mean? I dont understand. Usually they come out the right day, either morning, afternoon or late evening.

@stratocaster said:

@akistotle said:

The projected date is the 31st (not sure if that's accounting for Aus calender). Apparently this year, from what I've read, the LSAT hasn't been released early and has always come out on the projected date, so likely 2 more days

Oh yea, that’s what LSAC announced before the February 2018 LSAT and I do think it will be released on the 31st. But I’m know sure it will be 12am ET like it was for June 2018 or 9am ET for July and September. LSAC changed it to 9am ET after PowerScore complained . That’s what I mean by “when exactly” haha :joy:

9372 karma

@"Andrew H" said:
    What do you mean? I dont understand. Usually they come out the right day, either morning, afternoon or late evening.

Before June 2018 LSAT, LSAC released scores usually several days before the scheduled date.

90 karma

I see, so now they release it the right day

@"Andrew H" said:
    lol, what was your experience of the LSAT PREP TEST 85 in general?? In Australia, everyone assumed the PREPTEST was reuse of December 2016 which it came to be a surprise and no one could figure out exactly which section was experimental. 3 LRs, so no one could judge the book by its cover if we have done well enough to get reasonable score.

PrepTest 85 is September 2018 LSAT in North America. Are you asking how everyone performed on the PT? And why did some people in Australia expected the October LSAT to be the same as December 2016 LSAT, which is PrepTest 80?

90 karma

But it is actually not the same as Preptest 80 since I studied for that on KHAN academy practice exam

@"Andrew H" said:
    But it is actually not the same as Preptest 80 since I studied for that on KHAN academy practice exam

The undisclosed December 2016 LSAT in Asia and Australia is not PrepTest 80.....When you say December 2016 LSAT, it usually means December 2016 North American test, which is PT80.

So if I understood you correctly, you guessed that it would be October 2018 LSAT in your region would be December 2016 international undisclosed LSAT (https://forum.powerscore.com/lsat/viewtopic.php?t=13006) but it wasn’t? I think most people in Asia and Australia had the same test.

90 karma

Yeah correct! So the Preptest is North America and Australia are totally different questions and contexts

90 karma

But man my heart is beating faster and cannot sleep till positive number arrives at me otherwise I will be stressed out all day and night !

9372 karma

@"Andrew H" said:
    Yeah correct! So the Preptest is North America and Australia are totally different questions and contexts

Oh so you didn't have these is your RC section?
    UN Declaration/Silk production/Value theory/Bipedalism

"PrepTest" refers to a actual LSAT administered in North America and released by LSAC as a practice test, so there are no PrepTests released for tests outside North America as they are nondisclosed.

76 karma

@"Andrew H" said:

Wait the preptest are the exact same I'm pretty sure? I was under the belief that only the disclosed tests (those sat in the US) were the ones that became 'preptests'.

@akistotle said:

"PrepTest" refers to a actual LSAT administered in North America and released by LSAC as a practice test, so there are no PrepTests released for tests outside North America as they are nondisclosed.

I had that as my RC section, I believe everyone who sat the October 2018 international did

9372 karma

@stratocaster said:

@"Andrew H" said:

Wait the preptest are the exact same I'm pretty sure? I was under the belief that only the disclosed tests (those sat in the US) were the ones that became 'preptests'.

Yes. Only disclosed tests become "PrepTests." I think @"Andrew H" just meant to say "tests" (not "PrepTests")?

@akistotle said:

I had that as my RC section, I believe everyone who sat the October 2018 international did

I believe so too, so I was confused that hear that some people in Australia didn't.

90 karma

I bought superprep LSAC PT72-81 before test and none of RC nor LRwere the same