Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

✈️ October 2018 LSAT Discussion Thread (International) ✈️

Comments

• JCUI7455JCUI7455 Free Trial Member
    78 karma

So it means it'll be on Nov 1st for Australian and Asian folks? What a torture.

• Andrew HAndrew H Free Trial Member
    90 karma

Trust me, no matter what prep material you get, LSAC will not release same prep materials. johns real theory of justice was RC passage, neither of passages nor LR questions were in Preptest 80

• Rigid DesignatorRigid Designator Alum Member
    1091 karma

All these new comments making me think scores are releasing! Stay strong, friends.

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited October 2018 9377 karma

@"Andrew H" said:
    I bought superprep LSAC PT72-81 before test and none of RC nor LRwere the same

Yea, we never said LSAC repeats questions from disclosed tests :sweat_smile:

@"Andrew H" said:
    Trust me, no matter what prep material you get, LSAC will not release same prep materials. johns real theory of justice was RC passage, neither of passages nor LR questions were in Preptest 80

Okay, I think you might be confused :sweat_smile: Of course, LSAC will not use the disclosed test again!

PrepTest is a disclosed test. PrepTests won’t be used again as the real test. PrepTest 80 won’t be used again.

October 2018 LSAT in Asia and Australia was December 2016 LSAT in Asia, which was non-disclosed. December 2016 LSAT in Asia and Australia is not the same form as PrepTest 80 (December LSAT 2016).

90 karma

Ah make sense!! No matter how hard or easy the LSAT is, no one can cheat and memorise previous past paper answers

9377 karma

@"Andrew H" said:
    Ah make sense!! No matter how hard or easy the LSAT is, no one can cheat and memorise previous past paper answers

Right, that can never happen!

You can learn about nondisclosed LSAT here:
    https://7sage.com/what-is-a-nondisclosed-lsat/

90 karma

Well, you reckon how many questions we need to get right to obtain LSAT score of 150 for this one?

• JCUI7455JCUI7455 Free Trial Member
    78 karma

@"Andrew H" said:
    Well, you reckon how many questions we need to get right to obtain LSAT score of 150 for this one?

No idea man. Probably similar to all the ones before? I hope we get the result tomorrow Australian time.

90 karma

damn nervous for results tomorrow. It was quite a difficult test, but i find RC easier than LR

• stratocasterstratocaster Free Trial Member
    76 karma

It seems to hover around 55-57 raw to get a 150

90 karma

So need average of 14 marks +-for every section

9377 karma

@"Andrew H" said:

We will never know, but it's not different from any other LSAT test form, so it should be about -45 to get a 150 (so about 55 questions right).

cf. How to Calculate Your LSAT Scores and Percentile, Score conversion statistics
    https://7sage.com/lsat-score-percentile-conversion/

76 karma

There abouts yeah. If first LR wasn't experimental I don't think I'll be too happy with my score

edited October 2018 90 karma

I’m fearing too! At least I know I answered confidently with LR (26) and RC (got first three passages done swiftly except limited time with bipedalism passage). The LR experimental and few logic games are giving me little nightmare; should combat over experimental section

90 karma

Guys prepare to ? ? your whole body tonight! Results are freaking everyone who felt they need more improvement

76 karma

Are the results coming out now?

90 karma

Not yet! They will email scores later

76 karma

Oh I thought by your other post that some people may have started getting scores released!

90 karma

nah.... I am not sure of others, but scores seem to be release sometime during the day

76 karma

I know we have to be patient but I just wanna know what I got. Its almost reminiscent of the anticipation on Christmas eve as a kid except instead of wondering if you got an xbox or a bike you get a surprise which is either elation or cruhsing disappointment lol

90 karma

Lol, I want this as good Christmas present. Bloody 3 LRs are putting us into insane mode. If it were only 2LR, I would not stress out much

76 karma

I didn't put a heap of study into my LSAT prep so I get what score I deserve really. 2LR would have been nice, 3 has made it hard to determine which one was experimental (I don't think anyone is even sure?). My RC first two passages were good, rest bad. LG not too good either but LR 2 and 3 did well I think.

90 karma

im similar in your situation. the RC passage 4 Bipedalism did not have a chance to finish or read the passage. but heard that one was very difficult passage in context.

• Smile---Smile--- Free Trial Member
    edited October 2018 39 karma

90 karma

Is everyone going to stay awake midnight waiting for results or just sleep and wake up normally tomorrow?

9377 karma

I think it will be October 31, 2018 at Eastern Time in the U.S. So I don't think it will be released at midnight in Asia/Oceania or Europe.

76 karma

I read somewhere that this year international tests are often released around 7pm est, so that's like 10am aest

edited October 2018 9377 karma

@stratocaster said:
    I read somewhere that this year international tests are often released around 7pm est, so that's like 10am aest

Yea, I think you are right. The official score release date for June 2018 LSAT in Asia, Australia and New Zealand was Wednesday, July 11, 2018, and many people received scores around 8:00 AM in China (GMT+8), 9AM in South Korea, 10AM in Australia on July 11, 2018.

So LSAC does release it on the day before (for them, ET in the U.S.)

• LawSchoolClassof_2022LawSchoolClassof_2022 Alum Member
    82 karma

Wait, I am in Israel and right now it is Oct 30 (6.45pm). When can I expect results????

76 karma

Should be any moment, I go between wanting scores released or wanting to wait out a bit longer haha. I read someone say 4pm aest is likely latest they will release, so maybe 5 hours max of waiting

90 karma

The longer we wait, the more anxious we feel

90 karma

OMG, scores not released yet, so anxious!!!

9377 karma

@"Andrew H" said:

Right? That's why I wanted LSAC to announce the exact time of the release like they did for July and September LSATs in North America! haha ;)

90 karma

just want positive score lol

edited October 2018 76 karma

@akistotle said:

@"Andrew H" said:

Right? That's why I wanted LSAC to announce the exact time of the release like they did for July and September LSATs in North America! haha ;)

It would be nice! I'm thinking they wont release it until its the 31st est

I got exams I need to study for but I can't concentrate with this impending release -.-

90 karma

This LSAT score will determine my admission into JD course, so it must be well above 150 to make it a safe entrance

76 karma

@"Andrew H" said:
    This LSAT score will determine my admission into JD course, so it must be well above 150 to make it a safe entrance

What's your WAM? You could always go to non-LSAT law school in Aus like Monash or Deakin. I've heard of people getting into unimelb JD with a 140 but very high 70-80+ WAM and possibly a grad access app too

90 karma

My WAM not high enough, therefore I use LSAT to try get into Monash JD program

90 karma

LR was one that ticked all of us because we are still not sure which one is experimental and therefore losing one part of LR is very significant, but I was confident with 26 LR questions and RC first three passages. The rest not so great as I hope

• HopingforT14HopingforT14 Alum Member
    32 karma

I’ve turned grey on LSAC....

90 karma

Fingers cross everyone!

76 karma

I hope you get the score you want :) results are imminent documents have turned grey

edited October 2018 90 karma

Thank you otherwise it will be resit for better score

• brizzle525brizzle525 Alum Member
    139 karma

Waiting here with you all! I'm grey!! Best wishes to you all!

76 karma

@"Andrew H" said:
    Thank you otherwise it will be resit for better score

That is a good way to look at it, always be able to have another attempt. Upside is I think Monash has mid year intake so you wont have to wait a whole year like for Melbourne JD

90 karma

drinking two cups of coffee cause of slow result release

90 karma

Taking forever and am frustrated cause of very nervous and anxious moment of determination

• catherine-1catherine-1 Member
    35 karma

Will it appear on LSAC or will they email our results to us first ?

9377 karma

@"catherine-1" said:
    Will it appear on LSAC or will they email our results to us first ?

I think it appears on your LSAC account first and then you receive an email. I might be wrong though.

90 karma

Has anyone received their LSAT scores yet? I’m still waiting anxiously