Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

final PT this saturday or skip it and go to an open house.

Wait whatWait what Alum Member

So I have a bit of a dilemma (not really). I am taking the November test next Saturday and I have been drilling RC pretty much this entire week and I am curious to see what improvements, if any, I have made. However, I also have the opportunity to go to an open house for a school that I already applied to and according to my applicaton status am in the "final review stage". I could take the PT during the week but the longer I delay it the less time I have to review it. Yet, if I go to the open house maybe there would be an opportunity to talk to someone on the admissions committee and put a face to the name. Still I am above both medians so I guess chances are already in my favor.

Thoughts ?

Comments

• Waffle23Waffle23 Alum Member
    603 karma

I would take the PT. There likely will be other opportunities to make a good in-person impression on the admissions folks.

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Is there no possibility of doing both? Do you have to travel to go to this school? Open houses don't take all day. And if you have a typical 2 day weekend, could you do the open house one day and PT on the other?

That said, I don't think it's crucial to take a final PT. You've pretty much made all the gains you're going to make. It's best to take the final week before a test easy. I'd say go to the open house.

• Wait whatWait what Alum Member
    244 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    Is there no possibility of doing both? Do you have to travel to go to this school? Open houses don't take all day. And if you have a typical 2 day weekend, could you do the open house one day and PT on the other?

That said, I don't think it's crucial to take a final PT. You've pretty much made all the gains you're going to make. It's best to take the final week before a test easy. I'd say go to the open house.

Thanks Leah M B. I could take it Sunday however I would not be able to do so until the afternoon- my library does not open until then- and since it is the last test I want to mimic actual conditions as much as possible. So the alternative would be to take it Monday mooring and review it Tuesday - Friday. The problem is this leaves little time for drilling after. But as you said there are little if any gains to be made.

• LSAT_WreckerLSAT_Wrecker Member
    4850 karma

Personally, I'd go to the open house; however, I think an argument can be made for either. TBH, open houses < individual visits in making personal connections with admissions staff because there are usually many more people at open houses. However, if its open house or nothing, I would go open house. I also think the value of PTs lessen in the days this close to an actual scored test. You have to balance the mental fatigue of testing / review with the desire to show up on Saturday morning fresh and mentally agile.

Either way, good luck!

• AudaciousRedAudaciousRed Alum Member
    2689 karma

Wait.. I hit an Open House/ Law Day on Saturday, too. This happen to be in the South West, by chance?

• Wait whatWait what Alum Member
    244 karma

Lol not even close chicago