Haven't received confirmation for Nov 17th accommodated testing - will I be able to take the test?

ScrappyNotPerfectScrappyNotPerfect Alum Member
edited November 2018 in General 88 karma

I was approved for the accommodation of testing in a private/low distraction room for the Nov 17th test. Less than a week from the test, the LSAT still hasn't confirmed where I will be taking my test. I've called a couple of times, and just keep getting the same response "You will receive an email when we have confirmed your accommodations." This is super stressful since I don't know if I'm going to need to make travel arrangements based on where I end up taking it, or whether they will be able to confirm them at all!

Does anyone else have experience with this? Should I be worried about the possibility that I may not be able to take my test under accommodated conditions at all since I still haven't heard back with my confirmation letter?

I so appreciate any advice -- this is stress I was really hoping to avoid the week before the test!

Comments

• Victoria.Victoria. Member
    553 karma

Try emailing instead of calling. Not sure if this will work but I wasn't hearing back about my accommodation request so I sent LSAC an email and the next day I was all set up.

• 25Seamus25Seamus Member
    93 karma

I don't have any experience with this, however, I would keep calling and send the email. Less than a week out they really should have this confirmed for you. Additionally, I would bring a copy of your Accommodation Confirmation Letter with you so if you show up test day and they don't have your accommodations setup, you can talk with the Proctor about how to proceed and call the LSAT Monday morning. Best of luck.

• ScrappyNotPerfectScrappyNotPerfect Alum Member
    edited November 2018 88 karma

Thanks so much for your advice, @"Victoria." and @25Seamus . I've called and emailed, but if I don't hear from them by this afternoon I am going to do both again and express real urgency. I already had to cancel the hotel reservation I had booked for the night before the test since I don't know I will definitely be taking it there. It seems crazy that they aren't able to confirm with just a few days to go!

• _oshun1__oshun1_ Alum Member
    edited November 2018 3652 karma

Even for non-accommodated tests I don’t think the exact location of the exam is sent out until a couple days before. It stressed me out the first time I took the lsat since it didn’t give me the opportunity to check out the room the test was going to be in beforehand

• ScrappyNotPerfectScrappyNotPerfect Alum Member
    88 karma

I received my confirmation this evening -- apparently they have a real back log on accommodations for this test. If anyone is reading this in the future and stressing because they haven't received their letter, be persistent but stay calm :) I spent way too much time stressing about something that turned out to be just fine!

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

Awesome, glad you got it!