Decisions: Email/Status Checker/Snail Mail? (CA)

LAWYEREDLAWYERED Alum Member

Hi all,

I am applying to basically all the California schools. How did you guys get your admission decisions? I've been checking the status checker and my email CONSTANTLY and I was wondering if I should be looking out for snail mail too?

Thank you,

Comments

• LSATreadyLSATready Alum Member
    110 karma

Same. Even though I applied late, I’m still wondering what’s the deal? I’m not seeing others saying that they’ve heard back from the CA schools either.

• OhnoeshalpmeOhnoeshalpme Alum Member
    2531 karma

I applied in Dec and I haven't heard from any CA schools either.

• LSATreadyLSATready Alum Member
    110 karma

Anyone heard anything yet?

• LAWYEREDLAWYERED Alum Member
    335 karma

Hi all, I just got accepted to a low ranking university in the bay area via email on March 1st (they told me that I'd be receiving my official letter via snail mail). Lmk when you guys hear back! I'm still waiting on the schools that I actually really want to go to...LOL

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    edited March 2019 8392 karma

It's really school by school on how they send those out. To my knowledge, UCI send emails for acceptance, but WL and dings are snail mail. Most schools do email for everything though, and keep an eye on spam folders. That said, this year is just going slooooowwww. I got USC WL about a week ago, and I applied early January. Still haven't heard from UCLA and applied early January. Applied to Berkeley mid-December and no response there yet either. I know others who have been waiting since October with no responses from some schools too. So unfortunately, the answer is to just keep waiting...

https://media.giphy.com/media/o5oLImoQgGsKY/giphy.gif

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    edited March 2019 9372 karma

@"Leah M B" said:
    It's really school by school on how they send those out. To my knowledge, UCI send emails for acceptance, but WL and dings are snail mail. Most schools do email for everything though, and keep an eye on spam folders. That said, this year is just going slooooowwww. I got USC WL about a week ago, and I applied early January. Still haven't heard from UCLA and applied early January. Applied to Berkeley mid-December and no response there yet either. I know others who have been waiting since October with no responses from some schools too. So unfortunately, the answer is to just keep waiting...

I haven't heard from two schools that I applied in early September (although these aren't California schools). I've been waiting for more than 6 months. Lol

• Leah M BLeah M B Alum Member
    8392 karma

@akistotle said:

@"Leah M B" said:

I haven't heard from two schools that I applied in early September (although these aren't California schools). I've been waiting for more than 6 months. Lol

Ugh it is so frustrating! I try not to complain because I know there are others who’ve been waiting so much longer. But it’s weird having done this last cycle too. I applied to UCLA a month earlier than I did the year before but am not going to have an answer any earlier. I was looking forward to having more time to make a decision this year but apparently that’s not a thing. 😂

How is your cycle going?? Do you have any offers you’re excited about?

• akistotleakistotle Member 🍌🍌
    9372 karma

@"Leah M B" said:

@akistotle said:

@"Leah M B" said:

Ugh it is so frustrating! I try not to complain because I know there are others who’ve been waiting so much longer. But it’s weird having done this last cycle too. I applied to UCLA a month earlier than I did the year before but am not going to have an answer any earlier. I was looking forward to having more time to make a decision this year but apparently that’s not a thing. 😂

How is your cycle going?? Do you have any offers you’re excited about?

I have some offers with $$$ from T-20 schools and an offer with $$ from a T-14 school. So it's not so bad! But I haven't heard back from 8 schools 😑 (I'm expecting waitlists/rejections at this point though)