Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First thing to study in the morning?

Cookie MoonCookie Moon Member
in General 264 karma

I usually wake up early around 5:30am to study LSAT before work. I am wondering if there's anyone also like to study in the morning? What do you start with your morning study? I usually do some PT questions the night before and start with reviewing the question in the morning (first thing to do) or I will start with some lectures classes(gives my brain some time to wake up while listening to explanation LOL). how do you start with your morning study routine?

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    13286 karma

Always started with a Logic Game! I would wake up at like 4:30 and bust out a game or two. They were fun for me, and they rely on conditional logic, so I figured it was a positive way to kick start the brain. Then I would tackle the more annoying things like NA questions once the coffee had kicked in a bit.

• Lolo1996Lolo1996 Member
    498 karma

I like to start with a LG as well! Sometimes LR, never RC.

• gabes900-1gabes900-1 Member
    855 karma

Hi @SCLawbae , contrary to comments above, I generally start with LR. Doing a couple questions or timed section from 1-35 PTs gets the logical thought process in my brain moving. Then I move to LG later in the day as I find it is more formulaic and I can do LG quite well while having some study time under my belt. However, this isn't a set routine for me. Sometimes I do start with LG next-day attempts from games I foolproof the day before. It all depends on what mood I am in. If I am feeling extra energized, I sometimes read sections of philosophy books, like Plato's Republic. These books are quite dense and difficult to read sometimes, similar to RC passages, and I tend to get a kick out of reading them before I delve into LR and the rest of my study routine.

• Adam Z. XieAdam Z. Xie Member
    127 karma

I usually start with reviews of questions that I got wrong before (I prepare the materials the night before) rather than diving into practice straight away. I find it more effective to practice under strict exam condition, even for a section before PT36. My brain is not as sharp right after breakfast.

• LouislepauvreLouislepauvre Alum Member
    750 karma

I like to start with a game because it’s more physical and gets me moving.

• BlindReviewerBlindReviewer Alum Member
    855 karma

I usually start my study sessions by responding to comments on 7sage haha always a low key way to get into it without feeling like it's actually "studying" (and the accumulated effects of explaining things to yourself/others really pay off!)

But when I used to study in the mornings before work more strictly, I tended to review a couple questions, a game or two, and then do a full section before heading out to work (BR the section if possible in the morning, but if not, later in the evening). It was always a way to know that I tangibly did something, and that made me feel less guilty when I had other things to do that would keep me from studying after work.

• xenonhexafluoroxenonhexafluoro Alum Member
    428 karma

Games wake me up, so I always do a warm up with games that I track on a spreadsheet (with the game, how long it took me vs. how long it should take me, and my accuracy). I also do games before PTs and actual takes.

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27859 karma

1 Game, 1 Passage, half a section of LR. You cover a whole PT every four days and hit each section. Great way to get warmed up and stay sharp.