Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warm Ups on Test Day?

KatasticKatastic Alum Member
in July 2019 LSAT 190 karma

Do you all bring a few LR questions / LG game / RC questions that you are confident on to the test center with you to warm up the brain before the test starts?
Other ideas for getting the juices flowing in the hour or so leading up to check in?
Thank you!!
<3

Comments

• MIT_2017MIT_2017 Alum Member
    470 karma

I'd suggest you do a bit of warm up that morning but there's probably no need to bring them to the testing center... You've (likely) studied for months, so just relax your brain, talk to the other people and see how they are even more nervous than you, etc.

• DogOnBuffaloDogOnBuffalo Alum Member
    167 karma

I think it depends on whether you find it difficult to get going at 8:30 in the morning. I personally do, so I did 1 easy passage, 1 easy game, and about 5 or 6 easier LR questions before leaving for the test center. But if you are the type who can hit the ground running in section 1, I don't think it's a big deal. I agree with MIT_2017 - it's more important to try and feel relaxed.

• Michael.CincoMichael.Cinco Member Sage
    2116 karma

I do ten questions pulled from a lr section. The first ten just to get my mind in the game.

• Pride Only HurtsPride Only Hurts Alum Member
    2186 karma

My warm ups don’t include actual problems. I just write down my approach for certain question types, logic games and RC strategy. It helps keep me grounded.

• SuperMario929SuperMario929 Alum Member
    464 karma

@DogOnBuffalo said:
    I think it depends on whether you find it difficult to get going at 8:30 in the morning.

For those of you who had a heart attack reading this, I just checked and confirmed that the test on Monday is indeed at 1:00pm. Otherwise, completely agree with @DogOnBuffalo !

• 615 karma

I found it helpful to do a few games.
    What helped me even more was to move my biological clock so I’d be awake from the beginning of the test. I used to wake up at 7am, but my brain won’t function in its full capacity until 11am.
    So leading up to the test I adjusted to 5am. I eat lunch at 9am now🍳

• KatasticKatastic Alum Member
    190 karma

Thanks everyone for the advice and insight! I normally get up at 5 so I should be fully awake by the time I report at 12:30 😁😁
    I love what @"Pride Only Hurts" said about reviewing strategies not actual problems and I will probably go with that. I have an overview of rules, relationship features, etc. That I've had on a cheat sheet and have been reviewing so I will use that.
    I am feeling a lot more confident than March but still nervous.
    Although, I have nothing to lose and everything to gain with the cancellation option we have for this particular test. I am also going to be a bit more aggressive than I usually would because of that.
    Cheers and good luck to anyone else sitting on Monday.
    Let's slay!

• Wesley-BWesley-B Alum Member
    172 karma

@MIT_2017 said:
    You've (likely) studied for months, so just relax your brain, talk to the other people and see how they are even more nervous than you, etc.

I can confirm this. I took June and am taking July.
    I had two people ask me for a pencil. One person brought in their bag with cell phone and tablet. Most of the discussion before the test was debating how many sections there were and what was in each section.

If you're here, you have prepared much more than most people in your test center. So you got this!

• KatasticKatastic Alum Member
    190 karma

Thanks!!! Good luck!!