Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Updated Law School Predictor

David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
edited July 2019 in Law School Admissions 7293 karma

Hi everyone,

We've updated our law school admissions predictor with data from the 2018–2019 cycle.

You should interpret these predictions with a grain of salt. If law schools admitted students by algorithm, they wouldn't be paying admissions officers to read files. Our predictor is best used to ballpark your chances so that you can apply to a spread of reach, target, and safety schools.

https://7sage.com/predictor/

Comments

• bennn LSATbennn LSAT Core Member
    96 karma

What percent range would you say is a reach, safety, or target school?

• David BusisDavid Busis Member Moderator
    7293 karma

I think of it this way:

0–20%: Super-reach

21–40%: Reach

41–60%: Target

61–80%: Probable target

81–100%: Safety

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Thanks for the update. Is there an article on how being a non K-JD/non-traditional applicant/OWL may affect chances?

• Harvard2020Harvard2020 Core Member
    109 karma

Why do my chances go down about 3% every year? Lol

• jessicalauren216jessicalauren216 Free Trial Member
    86 karma

What is the difference between a target and a probable target?

7293 karma

@jessicalauren216 "probable target" is just my way of saying "you'll prooooooooooobably maybe get into this school but I'm not quite comfortable calling it a safety." A target means "you have a good chance based on your numbers, so it's probably going to come down to the quality of your application and a bit of luck."

• 776 karma

@"David.Busis" - will something like this come out for Canadian law schools?

7293 karma

@Trusttheprocess Unfortunately no, at least for the time being. We don't have enough data.

• sygolubsygolub Free Trial Member
    106 karma

Was the predictor updated again over the last week I’m pretty sure my results came out differently since a week ago?

7293 karma

@sygolub Yes. It's a little more forgiving now. We think it's more accurate except in cases where you're below both medians, in which case the school is a reach no matter what the predictor says. We're working on making the model smarter.