Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Digital Tester for Problem Sets is Live

Comments

• marmalademarmalade Member
    107 karma

Thanks you so much! However I'm having trouble with pinning questions on the review results page. I can see the pins for questions I already pinned in other places but unable to pin/unpin on this page.

• korokyahahakorokyahaha Yearly Member
    78 karma

@Zihan said:
    Thanks you so much! However I'm having trouble with pinning questions on the review results page. I can see the pins for questions I already pinned in other places but unable to pin/unpin on this page.

SAME!

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

Very helpful.

• Alan Cheuk-2Alan Cheuk-2 Administrator
    edited August 2019 3074 karma

@korokyahaha said:

@Zihan said:

SAME!

Thanks for letting us know! We just updated the site with a fix for this. Please Force Refresh to force your browser to pickup the fix and let us know if it is still a problem for you.

3074 karma

@"J.K.tabes" said:
    @"Alan Cheuk" just wanted to let you know that PT14 G3 Q13 cuts off the third column in the answer choices. Thanks for all your help!

Thank you for letting us know! Sorry, some of the older PTs (58 and lower) have fixed spacing for a few questions. If you run into this issue, these solutions should help:

• Change to a "Fixed" theme. All questions should fit on the screen in Fixed mode when font-size is medium or smaller.

• Reduce the font size.

• Gladiator_2017Gladiator_2017 Yearly Member
    1332 karma

Alan thanks for the amazing features and updates!

Is there a way to create and save a drill without starting the problem set? Right now I have to start the drill and then close it out in order to save it. This was working until I realized my timing breakdown in LG sets isnt accurate since my setup time is now included in the first question.

@Gladiator_2017 said:
    Alan thanks for the amazing features and updates!

Is there a way to create and save a drill without starting the problem set? Right now I have to start the drill and then close it out in order to save it. This was working until I realized my timing breakdown in LG sets isnt accurate since my setup time is now included in the first question.

Thanks!

You actually don't have to start the problem set to save it. Once you hit the create button, the drill is created and saved. If that's not the behaviour you're seeing on your side, please let us know!

• Tzvi___HTzvi___H Alum Member
    204 karma

Sorry if this was addressed already.

I have to change the font size and line height for each problem set.
    is it possible to change the default settings?
    Thank you

204 karma

I'm going through the CC for the first time. I'm not concerned with timing.
    Is it possible to turn off the timer and go straight to blind review? Thanks

• LSATJediLSATJedi Alum Member
    87 karma

@"Alan Cheuk" said:

@LSATJedi said:
    @"Alan Cheuk" I noticed what appears to be a glitch: If I re-create a problem set that I've already done, the data in the results does not accurately show the time each question/game took on the second attempt. Instead it apparently carries over the time data from the first attempt.

Thank you for flagging this, we totally missed it! Fix is live, please check it out and let us know if it looks right on your side.

Ya, it works now, thank you!

• LSATJediLSATJedi Alum Member
    87 karma

@"Alan Cheuk" I have additional feedback:

1) On my Chromebook, the passage in RC is cut off unless the text is set to Small.

2) It would be great if preferred options regarding font and text size could be set so that it defaults to the user's preferred settings (without having to select them each time the user does a new problem set).

3) It would also be great in the Problem Sets if we could click a button to retake a problem set rather than have to recreate the same problem set all over again.

Major props to you and all the devs for getting the Problem Sets feature out. Has been a real Game changer!

3074 karma

@korokyahaha said:

@Zihan said:

SAME!

Thank you for letting us know about this! It's fixed in the latest version now. You may need to Force Refresh to pickup the change.

3074 karma

@Trusttheprocess said:
    Is there a way to do a problem set untimed for drilling purposes...

@thecmancan @16guitar
    Thanks for the suggestion! The latest version of the tester now has an option for unlimited time for problem sets. You may need to force refresh to pull the change. The option is listed under the clock icon. The "Remaining:" timer becomes an "Elapsed:" timer. The progress gauge at the bottom is based on default timing for your reference, but there is no 5m warning and nothing happens when the bar is filled.

@Trusttheprocess said:
    Trying to take a timed section and it gives me only 34:30 secs, instead of 35 mins.

Sorry about that! Problem set default timing is based on the number of 1.33m/question and 8.75m/passage-game. So for complete LR sections it ends up varying based on the number of questions. I know this isn't the exact solution that you are looking for, but if you use the new unlimited timing, you can end your session at 35m manually. Sorry!

• CatLady1802CatLady1802 Alum Member
    6 karma

Is there any way to see our previous markups on the digital version of the prep test after BR and getting the results? Or do we have to create a problem set to do that?

@korokyahaha said:
    Could you please add a function to duplicate existing problem sets? Or at least allow us to erase answer on our problem sets -- so we don't have to recreate the same problem set so many times! Thanks in advance.
    @LSATJedi said:
    It would also be great in the Problem Sets if we could click a button to retake a problem set rather than have to recreate the same problem set all over again.

Great idea! There is now a little + icon below the bottom left corner of problem sets, next to the delete and pdf buttons, that lets you do this.

3074 karma

Renaming problem sets
    You can rename custom problem sets (but not problem sets in the Core Curriculum) from the digital tester. On the main screen of the tester where you see the problem set title and the start button, you can tap into the title and change it there.

3074 karma

@CatLady1802 said:
    Is there any way to see our previous markups on the digital version of the prep test after BR and getting the results? Or do we have to create a problem set to do that?

Sorry, there is no way to do this right now or the near future. We hope to add it in the future, but there are a lot of other features that take priority.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Will a feature be added, or am I missing one that's there, that lets you go directly to the Explanation videos for the Problem Set questions?

204 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    Will a feature be added, or am I missing one that's there, that lets you go directly to the Explanation videos for the Problem Set questions?

+1

• jessica_pinheirojessica_pinheiro Alum Member
    5 karma

where do I find the digital tester ?

@lsatplaylist said:

@16guitar said:
    +1

That feature should already be in place. When you finish the problem set and blind review, and tap "Show Results", you should see a table with links to explanations on the far right column. You may need to scroll the table to the right to see the links if your screen is too narrow.

Please let us know if it is not showing up for you!

3074 karma

@jessica_pinheiro said:
    where do I find the digital tester ?

You should see the digital tester where there is a PT or problem set.

For PTs, they should show up* in places like here:
    https://7sage.com/score-lsat-test/
    https://7sage.com/lesson/preptest-june-2007-blind-review-score-and-review/
    * Note that if you already manually entered answers for a preptest, you won't see the digital tester for that preptest. If you want to take it with the digital tester, you will need to delete your existing preptest data.

For Problem Sets, they should show up in places like here:
    https://7sage.com/problem-sets/
    https://7sage.com/lesson/main-point-main-conclusion-questions-problem-set-1/

• 70 karma

Folder system for the problem set?
    Hello JY, I just want to ask if there is any possibility to add a folder system into the problem set so that we can better organize the problem sets we have created?

3074 karma

@zmy20093238648 said:
    Folder system for the problem set?
    Hello JY, I just want to ask if there is any possibility to add a folder system into the problem set so that we can better organize the problem sets we have created?

I know this isn't as good as a folder system, but you can rename similar problem sets with the same prefix so that they get grouped together when you open the problem sets page.

To change the name of a problem set, just open the problem set, then tap on the problem set name in the digital tester. You can change the name for custom problem sets, but not for CC problem sets.

• piercewriter96piercewriter96 Free Trial Member
    115 karma

Is there scantron for the digital lsat

5249 karma

I like having the PDF, Quick View, and Digital options to pick from for the various exercises and study situations.

• advokatethisadvokatethis Alum Member
    259 karma

Is there a way to turn off the grey answers while blind reviewing so it's truly blind?

1332 karma

Is there a way to add a notes section for the BR portion of PTs? I'd love to type up my thoughts during BR directly into a notes section as I BR the digital PT.

5249 karma

Also, is there a way to build a completion circle--like we have for the CC and PTs--for post-CC review? It's so fun to be able to check off the boxes and get completion points, but I understand if it isn't possible.

• danielbrowning208danielbrowning208 Alum Member
    531 karma

@"Alan Cheuk" In the future, would it be possible to add different "profiles" to the tester analytics? I am thinking of something similar to the feature where we can select only certain pt's to be included in the analysis. However, "profiles" would make it easier to compare certain tests. I think this would be beneficial, say, in comparing certain strategies against others. It would be similar to a permanent analysis of certain specific pt's that you could rename and compare.

• Dean ToastDean Toast Alum Member
    31 karma

By deprecated, does that mean in the Ultimate+ you no longer have access to that PDF? You now have to create your own custom "LG Questions by Type Drill - Preptest 60 to 69 (Deprecated)" section through the problem set builder?

• doyouevenLSATdoyouevenLSAT Core Member
    609 karma

in the results portion is there a way to to save "total" time for section that was used? Even if beyond 35?

• Isaiah4110Isaiah4110 Alum Member
    275 karma

Is there a way to set the time to less than 33 minutes (-6% of the standard time), like 30 minutes per problem set?

@piercewriter96 said:
    Is there scantron for the digital lsat

There is no scantron, you enter the answers into the digital tester itself.

If you want to practice using the old paper style, you can get the scantron sheet as a PDF in the middle of this page: https://7sage.com/free-lsat-prep-tools/

@Gladiator_2017 said:
    Is there a way to add a notes section for the BR portion of PTs? I'd love to type up my thoughts during BR directly into a notes section as I BR the digital PT.

No sorry, there is no notes section for the BR. There is a notes field for each PT / Problem Set (under the title on the mainscreen of the tester), but I suspect you are looking for something like a separate note for each question.

@lsatplaylist said:
    Also, is there a way to build a completion circle--like we have for the CC and PTs--for post-CC review? It's so fun to be able to check off the boxes and get completion points, but I understand if it isn't possible.

That's a cool idea! Unfortunately, when we looked into it, it's not feasible under our system to integrate the completion with BR of PT/PSets. Sorry!

@danielbrowning208 said:
    @"Alan Cheuk" In the future, would it be possible to add different "profiles" to the tester analytics? I am thinking of something similar to the feature where we can select only certain pt's to be included in the analysis. However, "profiles" would make it easier to compare certain tests. I think this would be beneficial, say, in comparing certain strategies against others. It would be similar to a permanent analysis of certain specific pt's that you could rename and compare.

Sorry that's not in our roadmap.

@"Dean Toast" said:
    By deprecated, does that mean in the Ultimate+ you no longer have access to that PDF? You now have to create your own custom "LG Questions by Type Drill - Preptest 60 to 69 (Deprecated)" section through the problem set builder?

Yes, the PDFs in that section of Ultimate+ are really just premade Problem Sets. We made that section as a stopgap measure for Ultimate+ until we could get our full Custom Problem Set features built. There was nothing special about clumping question types by ranges of 10 PTs, that was done arbitrarily.

Now that Custom Problem Sets are available, that section is just a worse version of Custom Problem Sets, so we will remove it in the future.

@doyouevenLSAT said:
    in the results portion is there a way to to save "total" time for section that was used? Even if beyond 35?

There isn't a way to see that in the interface right now. For RC and LG, you should be able to add up the game/passage times pretty easily to get a section time, but with ~25q it's probably too annoying to do for LR.

It's something we hadn't considered. Could you please share with us why you were looking for that data? It's something that we may add if it seems like it's very useful for students.

@Isaiah4110 said:
    Is there a way to set the time to less than 33 minutes (-6% of the standard time), like 30 minutes per problem set?

There is no way to do this directly, but you can end your section at the 30m mark by tapping on the checkmark icon in the bottom right of the tester.

3074 karma

@advokatethis said:
    Is there a way to turn off the grey answers while blind reviewing so it's truly blind?

There hasn't been a way to do that until now. Now when you are doing blind review, you should see an icon of an eye with a slash through it . If you tap on that icon, it will hide the answers. The system doesn't save your setting for this right now, so if you leave the tester and come back, it will reset to visible answers.

@"Alan Cheuk" said:

@CatLady1802 said:

Sorry, there is no way to do this right now

Now you can :)

When you look at the tester for a PT or PSet you have completed (not the results, but the tester itself), where you would normally see buttons for "Start", "Continue", or "Blind Review", you should see buttons for "Show Questions"

In this view you can see the questions with any markups you made, your responses and eliminations, and some basic analytics (question difficulty, time spent, etc)

• advokatethisadvokatethis Alum Member
    259 karma

@"Alan Cheuk" said:

@advokatethis said:

There hasn't been a way to do that until now. Now when you are doing blind review, you should see an icon of an eye with a slash through it . If you tap on that icon, it will hide the answers. The system doesn't save your setting for this right now, so if you leave the tester and come back, it will reset to visible answers.

Thank you! That is super helpful!! 🙂

• I Dunt Want ItI Dunt Want It Alum Member
    111 karma

I have just started having an issue on problem sets wherein after completion of the problem set, the last questions timer says ”error start.” I have had this on multiple different problem sets. @"Alan Cheuk" I am on iPad and the error happens in both the app and on safari.

@"I Dunt Want It" said:
    I have just started having an issue on problem sets wherein after completion of the problem set, the last questions timer says ”error start.” I have had this on multiple different problem sets. @"Alan Cheuk" I am on iPad and the error happens in both the app and on safari.

Thank you for letting us know about this! There was a bug in yesterday's update where the final update wasn't being recorded when finishing a section. We just put out a fix for this. Unfortunately the errors will remain for those PSets because the timing data wasn't saved properly for those questions, sorry!

Please force refresh and let us know if it helps for future PSets

5249 karma

@"Alan Cheuk" Thanks for the reply. What are some other ways to track drills and other post-CC exercise that could be explored and are simple, hopefully on this site, but another site that's user-friendly and doesn't require much work to set up would be fine too? Thanks for your consideration.

• samantha-3samantha-3 Alum Member
    10 karma

not sure if someone has mentioned this but after the blind review it seem to not register what I have selected during the blind review for the last few questions of the problem sets

• cooljon525-1-1cooljon525-1-1 Alum Member
    917 karma

When I take the section, for some questions I am down to two AC's and eliminated the rest. I wish during BR, it could show which two I had not eliminated. Instead every AC is not eliminated.

3074 karma

@"samantha-3" said:
    not sure if someone has mentioned this but after the blind review it seem to not register what I have selected during the blind review for the last few questions of the problem sets

Thank you for telling us about this and sorry for the trouble! We found the bug on our side too - it's related to the final update bug. We put out a fix a minute ago. Please force refresh to pick it up, and let us know if it's still a problem on your side.

• youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
    1755 karma

For the digital test, is there any way to see some analytics (namely, how long you took for each question) before grading the exam and seeing the answers?

For example, when I meet with my tutor, I want to give him information about how long each question took, so we can discuss those tough questions that took a long time and blind review them together. But I don’t want to know the answer to that question when I blind review with him. And currently the only way to see how long each question took is if you grade the entire exam, upon which you’ll see the data on how long each question took but also what the right answer is.

Thanks.

• evanlsatevanlsat Member
    6 karma

Hey, thanks for this great feature! I am wondering how similar the digital tester is to the actual LSAT interface? Will there also be highlighting, the options to eliminate/hide answers during the actual test?

• I Dunt Want ItI Dunt Want It Alum Member
    111 karma

Any way we can get the watermark/PT label moved to the bottom or top of the text for RC passages? It currently is showing up in between line spacing on passages and sometimes overlaps with RC text depending margins/text size. @"Alan Cheuk"

• cris1222cris1222 Member
    186 karma

Hi! Just a bit of feedback that I thought about while studying.

I think it would be a great idea to have a video link on the blind review questions. For example, after we have done the timed portion, then blind review and then go to show questions, having a video link that directs you to the page on the actual question. That way, we don't have to go to: problem set, review results, and then the video explanation. It might just be a bit of a faster way. But I know it's also tedious for you guys to put video links on those questions, too.

• cris1222cris1222 Member
    186 karma

Also, is there a place for little pieces of feedback like these, by any chance? If anyone could chime in! :) I love this site, so I want to contribute the most that I can.

edited September 2019 3074 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    @"Alan Cheuk" Thanks for the reply. What are some other ways to track drills and other post-CC exercise that could be explored and are simple, hopefully on this site, but another site that's user-friendly and doesn't require much work to set up would be fine too? Thanks for your consideration.

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but if you go to the Problem Sets page under Menu > Resources > Problem Sets / QBank (https://7sage.com/problem-sets/), you can see the current status of all the problem sets and drills that you have started listed under the column titled "Current Progress". If you tap on that title, you can also sort by progress. I hope this helps!

@cooljon525 said:
    I wish during BR, it could show which two I had not eliminated. Instead every AC is not eliminated.

Great idea! The latest update includes this feature. You may need to force refresh to pick it up.

Now you can see during Blind Review which answer choices were eliminated in the actual test. They will have little grey ban icons next to them. You can hide this information by tapping the icon of an eye with a slash through it in the toolbar (second from left).

@username_hello said:
    when I meet with my tutor, I want to give him information about how long each question took, so we can discuss those tough questions that took a long time and blind review them together

Great idea! The latest update includes this feature. You may need to force refresh to pick it up.

The elapsed time is shown under the question stem, and under passages/games. You can hide this information by tapping the icon of an eye with a slash through it in the toolbar (second from left).

@"aiwen.evan.xu" said:
    Hey, thanks for this great feature! I am wondering how similar the digital tester is to the actual LSAT interface? Will there also be highlighting, the options to eliminate/hide answers during the actual test?

Yes, those features are also in the actual LSAT interface. You can see what the actual LSAT interface looks like here:
    https://familiar.lsac.org/
    Note: if you haven't already taken any of those PTs, you should avoid reading any of the question content so that you don't spoil those tests for yourself.

@"I Dunt Want It" said:
    Any way we can get the watermark/PT label moved to the bottom or top of the text for RC passages?

Thanks for pointing that out! The latest update includes this change. You may need to force refresh to pick it up.

@cvega2013 said:
    Hi! Just a bit of feedback that I thought about while studying.

I think it would be a great idea to have a video link on the blind review questions. For example, after we have done the timed portion, then blind review and then go to show questions, having a video link that directs you to the page on the actual question. That way, we don't have to go to: problem set, review results, and then the video explanation. It might just be a bit of a faster way. But I know it's also tedious for you guys to put video links on those questions, too.

I'm not sure if this is what you mean, but you can go directly from the Problem Set list to Results (where the explanation links are), skipping the tester entirely. Normally, when you tap on the row for a Problem Set or PrepTest, you go to the tester for that PSet/PT. But if you instead tap on the blue "Results" link on the far left of the row, jump directly to the results for that PSet/PT.

@cvega2013 said:
    Also, is there a place for little pieces of feedback like these, by any chance? If anyone could chime in! :) I love this site, so I want to contribute the most that I can.

Yup! If you have feedback for the digital tester, just chime in here. Or if you have feedback for other parts of 7Sage, please email studentservice[at]7sage.com!

1332 karma

Is there a way we can sort problem sets by date completed?