LSAC Law School Forum in NYC 10/11-10/12

JerseyLife49JerseyLife49 Alum Member
in Off-topic 95 karma

Anyone going? I will be there on Friday 10/11!

Comments

• kkooker234kkooker234 Alum Member
    29 karma

I will be there too!

• 2ndTimestheCharm2ndTimestheCharm Alum Member
    1810 karma

Going! I'll be there 11am-3:30pm Friday and 11am-1:15pm on Saturday. 7Sage represent! I wonder if David Busis will be there or if he has any advice about these forums...

• TheTribeBoiTheTribeBoi Alum Member
    84 karma

will be there tomorrow!

1810 karma

How could we arrange to meet up? I feel like we should wear a little 7sage pin or something...

• TheTribeBoiTheTribeBoi Alum Member
    84 karma

is there a list of all the schools attending?

1810 karma

There is a list - it's on the LSAC site. But doesn't anyone want to try to meet up, even if just for a few minutes? We should try to think of a creative way to find our fellow 7sagers!

• JerseyLife49JerseyLife49 Alum Member
    95 karma

@2ndTimestheCharm YES I completely agree we should try to meet up! But how? lol

95 karma

Maybe they will give us nametags of some sort and we can write our user IDs from 7sage on them discreetly? haha

1810 karma

That's a good idea, @CynthiaVeee. I'm sure we'll have name tags. It could look silly at first, but if anyone asks, it wouldn't look bad to say "It's my nickname on my LSAT study site."

• jessicalauren216jessicalauren216 Free Trial Member
    86 karma

This is random, but does anyone know if there is a way to check bags or coats so we don't have to lug them around during the forum?

• CJAnne1220CJAnne1220 Core Member
    9 karma

@jessicalauren216 I was wondering the same thing. I called the hotel this morning and the events manager said that they did not have a bag/coat check confirmed for the event.

• PeaceofmindPeaceofmind Alum Member
    446 karma

Was anyone there today? Do you think it was worth it? I live kinda far away (1.5 hour train ride) and I’m debating whether I should go tomorrow or just stay in and study.

• thecmancanthecmancan Alum Member
    161 karma

I'll be there Saturday! I'm feeling like 7sage needs a fanshop, hats, t-shirts with some famous JY quips printed on them, mugs with your goal score on it, and pictures frames to hold photos of loved whom you haven't seen since starting the LSAT journey.

Just some ideas, let's talk!

1810 karma

I thought it was valuable. Going back tomorrow morning just for a bit. Wrote my 7sage name on my tag but nobody noticed.

161 karma

Just got here, smaller than I thought. I'm the guy carrying his LSAT books in the biggest backpack in the ballroom.

95 karma

Aww thanks everyone for commenting! I got there a bit later than I was hoping on Friday so I wasn't even able to look for anyone! But I still got a lot out of the forum. A few things I found most helpful were getting the chance to speak to a current student at one of the law schools, and testing out the digital LSAT !!

161 karma

I kind of like the panel of guests they had of different lawyers telling us what lawyers actually do.

I got some fee waivers, some new contacts and a helluva sore heel, but it was worth it.

The funny part was that the official LSAC test writer was trashing prep companies. He's said, all the answer choices are completely random so don't look for traps.

As if a magician will reveal all of his tricks.

Also, most law schools I spoke to didn't really care about GPA nearly as much as LSAT. If you just ask, "nod your head if my score of 165 would be an admit for your school?" You will get a hint at it even if no admin personnel will make an outright statement.

• Waffle23Waffle23 Alum Member
    603 karma

I attended as well. And found it useful to test drive the tablets and lsat writing sample. Seemed like most schools I spoke to weren't offering the fee waivers on-site though (BU, Fordham, NYU...). They stated that there was a whole separate review process for obtaining fee waivers. What schools ended up giving them out, if you don't mind me asking?