Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

E-mail from LSAC: test center cancelled after the fact?????

I’m confused and worried. I just received an e-mail from LSAC apologizing for my “test center issues” (I had none) and offering me an option to retake Dec 8th or January. Anyone in the know want to fill me in on what this means? I feel like I performed very well on the Nov exam and will be extremely upset if this message means what I think it does...

Comments

• LSATcantwinLSATcantwin Alum Member Sage
    edited November 2019 13286 karma

It sounds like someone at your test center reported an issue, LSAC investigated it, and they believe that offering a re-test is necessary.

Normally they allow you to choose to keep your score from the test or to cancel and re-take it; sort of odd they didn't make this clear in their email to you.

I would reach out to them and ask what they mean... although it is the LSAC, so they probably don't really even know what they are doing. They're probably just wing it.

• RealLaw612RealLaw612 Member
    1094 karma

Thank you! I have replied to LSAC. I sincerely hope I have the option to keep the score.

• MJGspiceMJGspice Alum Member
    147 karma

If you received an email about a retake when your test went just fine, you can ignore that. LSAC has said those were in error.

• haydenlittle1haydenlittle1 Alum Member
    5 karma

In the same boat, I'm guessing if you take the makeup test you have to forfit your original score without seeing it?

• RealLaw612RealLaw612 Member
    1094 karma

Thanks for the info. I received a message from LSAC this morning acknowledging the mistake.