#help - can't extend course beyond one month?

BigshootsBigshoots Alum Member

Hey 7sage,

I'm attempting to extend my course access (I've done it in the past as well, if that matters) and am only being given the option to extend it monthly?

Thanks!

Comments

• JPJ July2021JPJ July2021 Core Member
    1532 karma

I'm having the same issue!

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi @Bigshoots and @Emily2122,

Sorry, the other extension options are no longer available. You can only purchase one-month extensions on the addons page (https://7sage.com/addons/).

Let us know if you have any further questions!

• SuhCratesSuhCrates Member
    edited December 2019 129 karma

Would you please care to explain why has the extension option shortened from 6 months to 3 months, and then from 3 months to 1 month?

As someone who's been using it for a little over 2 years, and still struggling to get the score I want, this new policy feels unpleasant. If this was an unavoidable policy, maybe a little heads up would have been nice. Had I known this, I would have made the extension beforehand.

The 6-month extension was $79.99, and now it's $24.99 for one month, which is about $150 for 6 months, twice the original price.

• chisal17chisal17 Alum Member
    289 karma

I agree. I never expected prices to remain constant but some sort of formal announcement that prices would be surging over 50% would have been nice. I think that this was handled very poorly.

@SuhCrates said:
    Would you please care to explain why has the extension option shortened from 6 months to 3 months, and then from 3 months to 1 month?

As someone who's been using it for a little over 2 years, and still struggling to get the score I want, this new policy feels unpleasant. If this was unavoidable policy, maybe a little heads up would have been nice. Had I known this, I would have made the extension beforehand.

The 6-month extension was $79.99, and now it's $24.99 for one month, which is about $150 for 6 months, twice the original price.

• LSATSMYBICHLSATSMYBICH Member
    31 karma

um .. this isn't fair one bit lol. I can't afford to keep extending at a rate of 24.99, if i have too

129 karma

@"Juliet --Student Service--" Would you please respond to this thread?

• washindawashinda Alum Member
    50 karma

Don't get to greedy 7sage. I understand this is still a business but JY you said you made this program to help people like myself who couldn't afford expensive prep sites and classes. I just hope you all don't forget that.

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    edited December 2019 2042 karma

Why has this changed? I also only see the one month option. Super disappointed.

• GermanLSATtakerGermanLSATtaker Alum Member
    148 karma

Yes, me too :(

@FindingSage said:
    Why has this changed? I also only see the one month option. Super disappointed.

• This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
    815 karma

Disappointing to see this.

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Hi @SuhCrates, @chisal17, @LSATSMYBICH, @washinda, @FindingSage, @GermanLSATtaker, and @"Richard N"

Sorry! Our business model is continuing to undergo changes due to forces that we cannot discuss publicly at this time.

• keepcalmandneuronkeepcalmandneuron Alum Member
    470 karma

Had I known that I can only extend it monthly at a rate of 24.99, I would have extended another 6 months in anticipation that I won't be able to finish going through the CC again.

I just started a new job and I had to change my study schedule around my full-time job.

This is absolutely not fair and poorly handled. There should have been at least a few months notice before you guys got rid of other extension options.

Totally disappointed at how your "business model" is evolving into something different from what JY first envisioned in the beginning.

• GodsPlanGodsPlan Member
    176 karma

I'm in the same boat as everyone here. I assumed because you guys gave a huge post on every LG video that they were only going to be available to premium and higher that you might be giving some sort of announcement similar to that but for things such as extensions. I bought a one month already, and the programs great (I actually cannot talk bad about this program bc the service is really helping me out), but heads up on this type of change would have been appreciated!

• chisal17chisal17 Alum Member
    289 karma

I get that there are some internal changes that are taking place that can't be disclosed, but that's not the issue. A price that I'm paying (a change that is already public) without so much of a notice is incredibly unprofessional and really takes away much of the integrity surrounding the 7Sage brand and administrators. Removing our ability to make an informed financial decision is not exactly fair.

• edited December 2019 75 karma

@"Juliet --Student Service--": I know you already apologized and obviously there is nothing else you can do. However, can you please take this issue to your superiors as soon as possible? As you can see you have many unhappy students/customers at this sudden and drastic change. I would love to have this issue resolved by J.Y. Ping or someone else in charge.

@J.Y. Ping: Can you please hear us out and take care of this issue? Thank you!

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

I also understand that there are some changes taking place but there should have been an announcement and notice of the change. The last time I subscribed I chose 3 months because I was expecting to take the November test but now am taking January. Like many here I have been a member for a long time and would have chosen a longer subscription if I had known of the upcoming change.

• ExcludedMiddleExcludedMiddle Alum Member
    edited December 2019 737 karma

This news actually surprised me, as I figured 7Sage would make more money in light of their invaluable LG videos being taken down from YouTube. If pirating is at play and has brought down their expected sales, or they're having to litigate to try to keep their videos from being distributed, or are being charged burdensome fees by LSAC for allowing their users to use the explanation videos, that could explain this. (Not that that will make anyone feel that much better, but those are just some possible explanations.)

• Cookie MoonCookie Moon Member
    edited December 2019 264 karma

The thing that makes me disappointed is : why 7 sage didn’t notify us about it? I'd rather share account with others to lower to cost

• I Dunt Want ItI Dunt Want It Alum Member
    111 karma

No official announcement as to ending the renewal rate? This is rather disappointing considering the vague reasoning given above.

• JeremyOUJeremyOU Member
    148 karma

I logged on today to purchase the 6 month extension because my subscription expires in two weeks and I still have quite a bit of prep to do before I attempt the LSAT. I'm extremely disappointed that I can only purchase a one month extension at a rate of $24.99 a month.

• I Dunt Want ItI Dunt Want It Alum Member
    111 karma

Bumping up, is there going to be an official response as to why there was no advance notice of the upgrade fee schedule change

129 karma

I feel like this thread is being ignored. The comments written after @"Juliet --Student Service--" 's comment clearly show that people are still not satisfied with the reply.

I am sure 7Sage is legally allowed to change its policies - even without notices - but I don’t think this is a good way to handle its business. From my experience, even a local store would officially and properly notify its customers of the changes and give them a grace period before implementation.

I can guess what the other uncontrollable forces may be, though I don’t want to make groundless claims. All I am asking is why did 7Sage change its extension policy without giving its users a prior announcement, like you did on the post written two months ago, when the free videos on YouTube were taken.
    This even, in my opinion, goes against 7Sage’s mission of “creat[ing] an alternative to the paradigm of expensive, in-class test prep in the form of free and low cost, on-demand lessons.”

As a customer who paid for the service, I think I deserve to rightfully demand a formal response to this thread, other than “sorry.”

I've been actually recommending 7Sage to people on and offline enthusiastically for nearly 2 years. Two of my friends have actually became 7Sage users. Now I am a little hesitant.

I believe there are better ways to handle it than just silently changing the policy. Perhaps, give us - the already registered users who would have made the extensions had they known that previous policy would be going away soon - a chance to make the extensions at the previous rates for a certain short period, and then go back to the new rates.

@studentservice

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14001 karma

Hi everyone, I apologize about this. There is a reason why we can't talk about it. I imagine some of you already guessed what it is. I expect that come February, we'll be able to disclose more information. In the meantime, if this change caused difficulties for you, reach out to student service via DM or email and we'll hear you out and do what we can to help.

• tams2018tams2018 Member
    727 karma

OK. Glad I found this thread. I thought my account was restricted or something because I too, was unable to upgrade to more than one month extension.