For those who were planning to take April/Earliest possible lsat date - will you take flex

lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
in General 3190 karma

do you think the risks of this new format outweigh any potential cons? like no in person test date for a while or whatever

And if u were planning to take april will you take the flex?

Will you take LSAT flex?
  1. Will you take LSAT flex?47 votes
    1. Yes
      70.21%
    2. No
      29.79%

Comments

• jmarmaduke96jmarmaduke96 Member Sage
    2891 karma

I do think that this is the best possible solution. I am sure that there are risks involved, but I initially wanted to take the March administration and then the April after that. I want to be able to submit my applications as early as possible in the cycle for 2021 and I want to get the LSAT behind me so that I can focus on my admissions essays. Given that I have no idea when an in-person LSAT administration will be feasible again, I think that the LSAT-flex is the best that can be made of a bad situation. However, I am very interested to hear what other people think on this matter!

• lschnepellschnepel Alum Member
    edited April 2020 30 karma

I’m gonna flex on flex

• hl2xjhl2xj Alum Member
    edited April 2020 61 karma

Im reading it as it is three 35 minute sections in its entirety. So minus two sections...so we take 3 rather than 5 sections. Am I reading it wrong or is this right?

• The JudgesThe Judges Free Trial Member
    364 karma

@hl2xj you are right

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Not sure. I need more information first, especially about the scoring.

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

Maybe it would be helpful to ask LSAC if the flex test counts toward the limit of 3 tests per year. For those are considering taking it and have the time/money for a retake but don't want to "waste" a test sitting

• danielbrowning208danielbrowning208 Alum Member
    531 karma

I really don't think we have enough information from LSAC yet to make an informed decision. It is very frustrating, because there's a very real possibility that we won't get this information by the time at which we have to decide to defer.