Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

154 ---> 171. All thanks to 7sage

umich101umich101 Alum Member
in General 364 karma

Thank you to JY and the entire 7sage community.

It's been a tough six months personally, so I am so grateful I got to be where I am now. I didn't know anyone personally in my life at law school or going through the admissions process to turn to, so the advice on here was super helpful -- especially searching back for years-old threads.

Thank you to @Sami for the free tutoring sessions she has offered and for her overall test day advice. I truly think practicing some questions from each section before the exam (as simple as it sounds) was a game changer for me.

The crazy person in me is thinking of trying one more test in August, even though my goal was to just break 170, as money is a huge factor and I don't want to put myself in a position where I am hurt financially by not trying to go up a bit. So if anyone has any input on that (not to be ungrateful for my score), please let me know!

But for now, I am going to try as much as I can to be proud of myself for once and celebrate. Huge congrats to all my fellow test-takers out there who got their score today. There's so much hurting right now in general, so I hope you all give yourself the space to relax and recharge when need be.

I'm not sure how helpful this post has been, but all I can say is, just focus on yourself throughout the entire process. For my first exam, all I did was study for the LSAT. I watched videos before bed, at the gym, and that if I wasn't spending time preparing, that I was just wasting time. But on test day, the pressure I built up was just unhealthy and I couldn't even finish 2 sections. So this time around, I tried to still be as "normal" and calm as possible, put it all in perspective and it made all the difference.

Thank you all for these resources, and for JY committing to making this as affordable as possible for us all and having our best interests in mind always.

Comments

• sk144404sk144404 Core Member
    237 karma

Bravo!

• PPPPremePPPPreme Member
    207 karma

Congratulations. Absolutely fantastic.

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    4300 karma

Congrats! If you feel like you've given it everything you've got and won't regret not taking it again then I say save that money. If you feel as though maybe you can push for a 2+ point increase and would regret not trying again, spend the money.

• Hopeful9812Hopeful9812 Member
    872 karma

Congratulations!!

• MarkmarkMarkmark Alum Member
    976 karma

Congrats!

• SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

Congratulations!!!! So proud of you <3 <3 <3 <3

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

Congratulations!

• 425 karma

Congrats!! 🎉

• RondaBCANRondaBCAN Member
    70 karma

Awesome job! Please be proud of your accomplishments...you have earned it!!!

• LawHokageLawHokage Yearly Member
    edited June 2020 129 karma

Congratulations man! Unless you're planning into getting into Harvard, Stanford, etc.. then I don't see any reason why a 171 isn't acceptable. You have to realize that a 171 is the 99th percentile... be proud of your accomplishment and reap in the benefits of your hard work. I'm sure a ton of schools would love to have someone with the work - ethic and dedication as you to achieve such a feat!