Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THANK YOU 7 SAGE!

tiptoedncertiptoedncer Alum Member
in General 69 karma

159 --> 178. Still in shock, but I know I have a debt to pay J.Y. and the rest of the 7Sage Staff!

Comments

• aszane21aszane21 Member
    350 karma

Congrats! Any insights you could share? My diagnostic was a 159 so I'm curious how long (and how many practice tests) it took you to get that 19 point jump (which is super impressive). Did you use any resources outside of 7sage?

• J.Y. PingJ.Y. Ping Administrator Instructor
    14061 karma

What a jump. Congratulations! And you don't owe us anything at all. We're just so happy for you.

• sickomodesickomode Member
    142 karma

congratulations!!!!

• ChloeeeeChloeeee Member
    135 karma

Congratulations! :smiley:

• spinosanspinosan Alum Member
    187 karma

Wow - congratulations! Your story is what we 7sagers live for haha. Would also love to hear any advice/strategy/how long it took you to make a jump like that? i just finished the cc, took my 3rd pt and am at a plateau at 159 right now - hearing any stories like yours would be really helpful if you don't mind!

• tiptoedncertiptoedncer Alum Member
    69 karma

@spinosan @alizsafawi I did 3 months of light study, and then studied heavily throughout all of March, April, and May (took June test). For me, having a long period of study allowed me to realize what I was good at and what I struggled with, which gave me the time to focus on my problem areas during these final few months. I took about 15 or so practice tests, with ~one per week during the 3 months leading up to the test, and 1 a month during the first 3 months while I was working through the CC. I picked up LG pretty fast, but struggled big time to improve LR and especially RC. LR, for me, was all about focusing in on my problem questions, and just drilling them until I got comfortable enough with my gut reaction to reading the stimulus, which allowed me to move through the easier questions quickly enough to have time to really think about the harder questions (I was good at conditional logic but struggled with weaken and flaw questions). For RC, upped my reading outside of study (WSJ and Economist were great). Once I did that and started focusing on the big picture of the passage versus minute details, I immediately saw a boost in my score. I plateaud in the upper 160s for a month (in April), got frustrated, took a break, then came back and was in the 170s from then on out. Burn out is so real, and even a week off can make a huge difference.

• spinosanspinosan Alum Member
    187 karma

Wow that's really helpful to know. it sounds like you really drilled your weaknesses effectively. i'm surprised/impressed that it only took you 15 pts (in a good way) because it shows that you must have really used your time effectively when studying your weak points, and that there are ways to improve without just drilling nonstop exams. Definitely appreciate your insight and congrats again - you're gonna have a lot of great options this cycle with a score like that!