Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official October 2020 LSAT-Flex Discussion Thread ⚖

13»

Comments

• SwissCheese4123SwissCheese4123 Free Trial Member
    35 karma

@ThePeripatetic said:

@"Sophia Yeo" said:
    I could NOT sleep well last night as it was my first LSAT. My proctor was perfect and everything went smooth. The order was LG-LR-RC. Loved LR and RC was not more difficult than I expected, which is my weakest part. Surprisingly, LG was tricky from the first game...haha but it may be heavily due to my test anxieties.

Very curious whether people who scored high (around 170) had a positive feeling right after the exam or not? Please let me informed or relieved :) Good job, everyone.

I may have had the same exam as you as I had the same section order.
    LG (snow plows, cities), LR (hunter-gatherers, light in space hypothesis), RC (Civil Rights/Environmentalists). Powerscore has predicted a -8 curve for this test.
    I had the exact same feelings as you where I thought LR and RC were deceptively easy - everything felt like a breeze and even had time to check flagged questions at the end.
    For LG, although there weren't any ridiculously difficult games, I didn't feel 100% certain about the section and couldn't really get into the zone for it. Could've been because it was my first section. I usually go -0 on LG but I wouldn't be surprised if I got -3 this time.

This was also my first LSAT. I've been scoring 170-173 in at least the past 10 PTs I've taken. I felt great when I first came out of the exam but self doubt began creeping in in the afternoon. Not sure if the test was designed to feel easy but actually had a lot of trick answers. Hopefully I didn't make any careless mistakes which I have done in the past which took my score down to mid/high 160s.

Congrats on completing the first test though! Glad we made it. Hoping for the best for everyone on the 23rd.

I have been scoring similarly and felt very similarly on this test! Was it sneakily incredibly difficult and I missed something?! I had some proctor issues though, so that threw me off. Will be very curious to see how it all plays out...

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

@"victoria.villella" said:
    Question on the LSAT Writing section - it says within my LSAC account under status: Exam Initiated, but I completed it?? Am I being paranoid or is it possible they didn't get my LSAT Writing?

did you hit the submit button? if not you may want to give them a call. I'm pretty sure it still should have submitted even if you didn't hit the button but I guess its possible it didn't?

• kpugh7kpugh7 Member
    12 karma

How long does it take for the writing section to pass review?

• KirstenKirsten Alum Member
    82 karma

@"mckee.t.nina" said:

@Kirsten said:
    I took the exam on Sunday but needed to process everything that happened, lol. I took July and August, but I felt like I had a shot to get my goal score as I was finally PT'ing around it. I had LR-RC-LG. LR felt standard. RC I felt like the passages were quite dense but I got through all of them with time to go back and check my flagged questions. LG started out good, all of the games felt standard. But my proctor completely stopped my test because apparently my lighting needed to be adjusted although I didn't touch my lights at all for previous sections. I lost time as my proctor did not stop the clock and beyond that it completely threw me off for the section. I immediately contacted LSAC and the nice woman I spoke to recommended that I get a retake. Has anyone else had issues like this before? How long did it take for y'all to hear back from LSAC regarding your retake? I read about the Proctor U horror stories before but I didn't think that it would happen to me. :(

Hey Kirsten! I had a similar thing happen to me... :( My proctor messaged me about how my video had shut off (but the green recording light was still on so I was very confused)––both midway through the exam and also 3 minutes from the end––and they didn't stop my time. So frustrating!!!

It's SO frustrating!! I feel like ProctorU should know by know what they should and should not do and should not be disrupting us like this. Did you reach out to LSAC? They gave me a free retake!

• garbage.floodgarbage.flood Member
    186 karma

@kpugh7 LSAC says approximately 2-3 weeks

• elena12345elena12345 Member
    4 karma

First time test taker. For folks who have taken it before, is the "projected score date" accurate? Or could we get the score weeks later?

• Emily BrodnerEmily Brodner Core Member
    22 karma

@elena12345 said:
    First time test taker. For folks who have taken it before, is the "projected score date" accurate? Or could we get the score weeks later?

For August I got my score on the day of the projected score date. October has not been released yet and is projected to release this Friday. I wouldn't expect it to come out early :\

• RtahlovRtahlov Member
    65 karma

@kpugh7 said:
    How long does it take for the writing section to pass review?

My writing sample was processed within the week i took it. I think it just varies

• sarakimmelsarakimmel Member
    1488 karma

@Kirsten Did you file an official complaint and retake October? Or did they comp November? I had several issues with my proctor and LSAC has not responded to multiple emails... hoping the lost time and interference doesn't hurt my score too much.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

Anyone else getting really stressed about their score? I really was not too worried immediately after, and did not even take the writing immediately. But now I am really stressed by the waiting on the score. I want to have it and know where I stand even though I feel pretty good about it. Unfortunately they still have not processed my writing, but it is so hard for me to focus on application stuff now while stressing about getting my score.

• KirstenKirsten Alum Member
    82 karma

@"kimmel.sara" said:
    @Kirsten Did you file an official complaint and retake October? Or did they comp November? I had several issues with my proctor and LSAC has not responded to multiple emails... hoping the lost time and interference doesn't hurt my score too much.

@"kimmel.sara" I immediately called LSAC after my test and spoke with a representative who filed a complaint on my behalf, so I was able to retake October.

• mohidmalikmohidmalik Core Member
    12 karma

Hey everyone!

I got a 168 on the October LSAT (95th percentile) and I have mixed feelings. I am happy with what I was able to achieve (it's a good score) but I was wondering if any of yall think I should retake it and just apply next year? I really wanted to aim for a T14 and I am doubtful I'll get in with this score so any advice on what I should do? If I am to retake it, it'll be in a few months and so I won't apply this year, as I said earlier. Applications are super expensive so that's why I'm just wondering if you think it would be worth the time and money for me to apply to any T14 schools. My GPA is pretty solid and I think I can write some good essays, but I know the LSAT is THE factor, hence my hesitation. Thanks so much!

2054 karma

It really depends on your GPA and other factors. For us to assess that we would need more information. It also boils down to risk tolerance

• lawaggielawaggie Member
    56 karma

@VerdantZephyr said:
    Anyone else getting really stressed about their score? I really was not too worried immediately after, and did not even take the writing immediately. But now I am really stressed by the waiting on the score. I want to have it and know where I stand even though I feel pretty good about it. Unfortunately they still have not processed my writing, but it is so hard for me to focus on application stuff now while stressing about getting my score.

Has your writing finished processing? Mine hasn't yet and it is killing me to know that I could know my score right now if not for the writing section.

• ColdBrew180ColdBrew180 Member
    156 karma

@"momo momo" said:
    Hey everyone!

I got a 168 on the October LSAT (95th percentile) and I have mixed feelings. I am happy with what I was able to achieve (it's a good score) but I was wondering if any of yall think I should retake it and just apply next year? I really wanted to aim for a T14 and I am doubtful I'll get in with this score so any advice on what I should do? If I am to retake it, it'll be in a few months and so I won't apply this year, as I said earlier. Applications are super expensive so that's why I'm just wondering if you think it would be worth the time and money for me to apply to any T14 schools. My GPA is pretty solid and I think I can write some good essays, but I know the LSAT is THE factor, hence my hesitation. Thanks so much!

This is just an opinion, but if I were you, I'd at least apply to one or two t14 schools and see what happens. I know some schools (Northwestern specifically) are giving fee waivers for anyone who asks (form on their website). I know there's still the LSAC $45 fee, but if you can manage it, it might be worth it just to give it a shot. Definitely take the time on your personal statement and other materials to make sure they are solid. If you do plan to apply this cycle, the earlier the better so start working on your essay(s) now. Good luck!

• Sinanana7Sinanana7 Member
    155 karma

Do they not release the number of wrong answers for each section? This was my first time taking the test so not sure how it works for undisclosed tests.

2054 karma

@godoycarla1 It has not finished processing yet. I'm back on the I'm okay waiting because not knowing means I do not have to stress about what the score means. I'm all over the place about this apparently.

• lawaggielawaggie Member
    56 karma

@VerdantZephyr Same. I'm registered to take the November LSAT though, so that's the one thing making me wish I knew the score already

2054 karma

@godoycarla1 For sure I would be more anxious about knowing if I was registered for another LSAT right now. November is not an option overseas unfortunately.

• James CollinsJames Collins Member
    18 karma

Has anyone had their LSAT Writing approved over the weekend? Still waiting over here. Fingers crossed for tomorrow, if not Monday. (Did mine 10/15)

• Daniel825Daniel825 Alum Member
    42 karma

@"James Collins" said:
    Has anyone had their LSAT Writing approved over the weekend? Still waiting over here. Fingers crossed for tomorrow, if not Monday. (Did mine 10/15)

I did mine 10/18 and still not approved. Waiting for the score still

2054 karma

@"James Collins" @Daniel825 I did mine 10/18 and it was approved Sunday I think? I got the email pre-dawn Asia time. A bit disappointed with my score, it is several points below my average, but still quite workable so I will be okay. I will probably try and retake in January to negotiate for scholarships.

• edited October 2020 13 karma

I took my Writing on the 22nd. Any ideas on when it might get approved?

• hak-616hak-616 Free Trial Member
    5 karma

I took it on the 23rd, and I’m still waiting.