Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Urgent: Do I File a Complaint?

Jgill1121Jgill1121 Core Member
edited November 2020 in General 20 karma

So I'm about halfway through my RC section, when my screen goes completely blank. I'm thinking "what just happened?". I reach out to my proctor -- they say something along the lines of "just reconnect". I refresh the page and it reconnects. I've lost time. I ask my proctor for time back and they shoot back "continue".I try to collect myself and deal with the situation but it definately threw me off and I was super nervous moving forward and that was my very first seciton.

I can't decide if i should file a complaint with LSAC. It's due tomorrow but it puts a hold on your score and i need to see my score to decide if i should do the December lsat. Does anyone know what they usually offer as a remedy? Please advise what I should do

Comments

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4588 karma

Yes, I would file a complaint. You should have a listen to the Powerscore podcast regarding the November LSAT. There have been people that have been approved to retest a week after the November LSAT administration. If you call them, you might be able to retest.

Here's a link to the podcast:

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9wb3dlcnNjb3JlbHNhdHBvZGNhc3QubGlic3luLmNvbS9yc3M/episode/M2FhYWZjMDktMTlkZS00YWMwLTkwZWEtMTA4Yjk4OGU3MWJh?hl=en&ved=2ahUKEwi61KuY843tAhVQxVkKHZccDO0QjrkEegQIDxAF&ep=6

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    edited November 2020 8460 karma

I'd call in. If you use the form, it'll take a bit for them to get back to you. If you call, you'll be on hold but should be able to get them to cancel and reschedule/issue a coupon. There is a lot of inconsistency over the phone though so be sure to advocate for yourself. I don't know if a retake is available anymore as that was done on Friday. If the retake is indeed no longer an option you wont be given the option to both see your score and reschedule. It's one or the other... so you'd have to decide either the time issue was detrimental enough to not see your score and cancel/reschedule, or that you're ok risking a potentially lower score on your account. If there's a chance you still did well, I'd just take the score.

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4588 karma

Thanks for the clarification @canihazJD. For some reason I thought the retest was this Friday.

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

While you should file a complaint, the retest opportunity has already passed. They will give you a credit for a future test but they will not give you score preview. I previously asked for score preview and they were very firm that it is only for first time test takers. Also, I would recommend calling rather than email. Last time I emailed it took them 31 days to respond.

• Burt ReynoldsBurt Reynolds Alum Member Sage
    edited November 2020 957 karma

I can verify that the retest was last Friday. I know this because they contacted me at 1:00 on Thursday to ask if I wanted to retest. They needed a response by 5:00....I work afternoons and didn't check my personal email until 6:00.

Calling in is your best option. If anything, you might be able to cancel and get a voucher for another test.

• EllegoalsEllegoals Member
    342 karma

Also, there is no December test. I don't know if that was a typo, but the next test is January.