Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting better ....scored higher

gstar2015gstar2015 Alum Member
edited April 2015 in General 68 karma
Hi so today's test was higher than last week's timed. I'm a bit bummed bc I missed br on a logic game ( 6 points )I thought I rocked .
My BR was only 10 pts higher on ones I circled. so I'm missing some basics. Today scored 154.
My goal is 160 in 6 weeks. Is that feasible ? I reviewed video and Manhattan for LR n comp. Also, I note several ones I missed I either misread or changed my answer during timed portion/ not br. Anything I should pay attention to?
Logic games are still my worse but it was june 2009 dinosaur game so I still have hope.
All suggestions are encouraged.

Comments

• brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    I've really seen an improvement in score from typing out my reasoning for eliminating or accepting every single answer choice on both LR and RC. I also rewrite the stimulus in my own words. Previously, I thought I was doing BR thoroughly but it wasn't until I really stripped away the confusing language in the stimulus and forced myself to write out my thought process that I was really able to see the pattern that lies just under the surface. Hope that helps.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @geniaguez I gather from both the tone and the data of your post that you feel you're moving at breakneck speed. Any reason you can't postpone and take in Oct/Dec? Why not take time to truly learn the fundamentals and get in some substantive practice?
  • visualcreedvisualcreed Member Inactive ⭐
    326 karma
    If LG is your worse you have a pretty good chance. It's not that hard to fix those just start taking times games sections over and over. I think you should consider postponing If possible but if not I don't think a 160 is too out of reach if you put the time in and do it right.
  • gstar2015gstar2015 Alum Member
    68 karma
    Thank you for replying. Yea I'm open to waiting until October. my only concern is if I don't hit 160 then retake in December will place me at a disadvantage for $$ which is the reason why I want the 160.ill still study for June but Ill check cut off for postponing on Lsac .
    68 karma
    Also Ill see how pt and blind review is the next 2 weeks.
  • AlexanderL0AlexanderL0 Alum Member
    239 karma
    You can base it off of the time it took you to see other improvements. How long did it take you to go from 150 to 154? If it was 4 PT's or less I think you should have time to get to 160. Just take 2-3 PT's a week and review them
    68 karma
    It took me 1 week.
    239 karma
    It's definitely possible, just put in the time. Take 2 PT's every week until the test
    7965 karma
    @AlexanderL0 said:
    You can base it off of the time it took you to see other improvements. How long did it take you to go from 150 to 154? If it was 4 PT's or less I think you should have time to get to 160.
    I have to disagree on this—honestly, it's not an apples-to-apples relationship when progressing through various score ranges. This is a mathematical fact (due to the curve of scores relative to percentiles) and a practical reality: this is not a test whereby one measures progress linearly (time spent studying/BR'ing is not in a one-to-one relationship to increase, especially above a certain range).
    239 karma
    @nicole.hopkins True, but I would still hold that there is some correlation between score jumps. i.e. if someone took 5 weeks to get from 150 to 155, they can't possibly expect to be in the 160's in 2 weeks. (Hypothetical)
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    It also depends on how much time one has to study.

I probably spend about 10-15 hours a week with Church/family business stuff and spend the rest of my time to study/workout/hang out with friends.

July-August '14: 130's to high 140's
    August-Sept '14: high 140's to low 150's
    Sept-Dec'14: low 150's to high 150's/low 160's
    Dec-Feb'15: low 160's to mid 160's
    March '15 till now: hovering around the mid 160's and occasional high 160's.

My journey is probably much longer than the typical person but I started off really low so I suppose I'm fine with it.
    edited May 2015 68 karma
    I spent a great deal this weekend reviewing and drilling. I'll take test today or tomorrow to gauge progress. So far all is favorable. I've timed my Cambridge drills and score above 95 percent accuracy for LR. Games close to 90 percent but slower than I want. I'm shooting for 73 raw score. I'll keep you guys posted :)
    7965 karma
    Sounds like you'd better plan on joining us for BR group on Saturday :) PT60 ! PM me for deets ...

If you're still working on a short timeline (and if I were in that position) then I would avail myself of all resources at hand.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Wow @ddakjiking impressive! Keep up the good work!