Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Completely disappointed with Jan. score

in General 375 karma

I first took the LSAT January 2020 and made a 161. I retook last month and only made a 163. I've devastated that I only increased 2 points after studying so hard while working full time which is extremely challenging. My average PT score leading up to the exam was a 168 so I'm especially disappointed and surprised by how little I improved. Not sure where to go from here.

Comments

• strugglestruggle Member
    34 karma

Definitely in the same boat, but all we can do now is be proud about the work we put in and the resilience and dedication we showed!

• Felipe A.Felipe A. Member
    62 karma

Same here! Your not alone, just don’t give up! I was averaging in the low 160s, and got a 158.

• u3553460u3553460 Free Trial Member
    1 karma

i got a 163 too. we should continue to work hard!

• kkole444kkole444 Alum Member
    1687 karma

I feel that too. I am going to keep studying and figure and dial in where my weaknesses are! (LR and RC). You got this and a obviously a 163 is not the score you wanted but that is a damn good score!

• edited February 2021 39 karma

You are not alone my friend.
    Took the oct 2020 and scored 161.
    Kept practicing 3 months, averaging about 168 and still got 161.

• masimasi Alum Member
    170 karma

Ohh man! Damn, Damn it!

Same here. I wish I was in one of those other post where I say "I got the mark I wanted".

Unfortunately not!

I got a mark that I was not expecting. I definitely scored lowered than what I was PTing.

This sucks!

But, I am gonna keep moving forward and sit for the April one. I have a couple of exams and practice material left.

I am hoping I get my mark in April. At this point giving up would futile. It would be wasted effort and time if we don't continue and get what we aimed for.

Just remember the guy who went out and was searching for gold in the example given by Napoleon Hill in his book "Think and grow rich" though I think it should be named "Philosophy of success".

For anyone who doesn't know the example given by Napolean, I think it is good motivation to learn it.

• asp21295asp21295 Member
    9 karma

Ah, same here, scored close to where I started at! I did not feel good about it post-exam, so I expected it, but had some hope. Time to hit the books harder than ever and knock the April exam out.

• gpoudrie-1gpoudrie-1 Member
    90 karma

Feeling immense disappointment, like so many Jan Test 7sagers today. My PT avg.was a solid 163 leading into the test and I fought insanely hard to get there. Actual January test score ended up being 156. It hurts.

• oneclimboneclimb Alum Member
    edited February 2021 268 karma

Just charge ahead. Don't allow yourself to remain disappointed for too long! Re-evaluate and start again.