Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

control f still allowed?

lsat5everlsat5ever Core Member

I've seen powerscore discussions that say control F is still allowed but couldn't find it in the official rules.

Comments

• 424 karma

Yep! At least Dave at PowerScore still tweets that it’s still allowed

• legallybreelegallybree Live Member
    32 karma

Does the ctrl+F (command+F) work on Macs as well? Because, I tried it in LawHub and it does not work on my MacBook or iMac :(

• FlaviousFlavious Member
    26 karma

@bryahrichson said:
    Does the ctrl+F (command+F) work on Macs as well? Because, I tried it in LawHub and it does not work on my MacBook or iMac :(

Works for me on LawHub! Try using Firefox

• FlaviousFlavious Member
    26 karma

@Flavious said:

@bryahrichson said:

Works for me on LawHub! Try using Firefox

Also using a Macbook btw

• 176 karma

Wut is this control of the F you speak of? I’m techno challenged

• aps293aps293 Member
    33 karma

@carlyboyd1991 It's a keyboard shortcut for finding a specific word or letter on the page you're currently viewing.

• Burt ReynoldsBurt Reynolds Alum Member Sage
    957 karma

If you use a mac, the function is COMMAND + F

• 176 karma

So glad I researched/wrote a 42 page thesis on a Mac book without ever having known this :neutral:

• BigJay20BigJay20 Member
    438 karma

@lsat5ever said:
    I've seen powerscore discussions that say control F is still allowed but couldn't find it in the official rules.

can someone tell me what you guys use control f for? pleaseee

• 103 karma

@BigJay20 said:

@lsat5ever said:

can someone tell me what you guys use control f for? pleaseee

its a keyboard shortcut that lets you search for specific words or phrases in a page

• Control F allows you to Find any words you type into it, making it easier for RC to go back and look for specific words or phrases they give you

• arpalmer2arpalmer2 Member
    11 karma

I meant to ask this same question, because I've practiced without Ctrl-F but I've wondered continuously about its presence or absence on the real thing, and I'm delighted to know it will be on the exam.

• 424 karma

For instance, if the question asks “both passages refer to X,” you could ctrl+f to quickly see if that exact phrase appears. (Caution - sometimes the phrases vary slightly, but this is still a helpful tool at times.) Anyway, I suggest practicing it before test day!

• Out Here GrindingOut Here Grinding Core Member
    20 karma

So control/command F is allowed to be used during the test?! I intentionally have not ben using it in practice because I did not think it would be allowed on test day.