Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

April Score

thinklikealawyerthinklikealawyer Core Member

All I gotta say is... yikes. Well bellow my 7sage PT median. I had a troubling proctor experience and this is my first take, although I take full responsibility for my score (149). My goal score was a 158+. It was incomprehensible for me to even score in the 140's. Anyways, I'm curious how everyone is feeling with their scores. With this shaping up to be an extremely competitive cycle, there's no time to waste. I will begin studying for the June exam this weekend.

Any advance, words of encouragement, or personal experiences with receiving a score so unexpectedly low would be appreciated. As a first gen 0L, I don't have people in my circle to speak to about this. Thanks all!

Comments

• danielarebecadanielarebeca Alum Member
    37 karma

Wishing you the best for the June LSAT!

• cfgoodman16cfgoodman16 Core Member
    16 karma

I scored median score -8 on my April test as well. Know that this happened to a lot of us and don’t doubt yourself going into June. We got this!

• WhatslsatWhatslsat Member
    476 karma

It was also a huge surprise when I saw my score! I felt like I did way better than Jan but in fact did worse. I was confident I was in high 150s, even low 160s.
    I'm starting over to review everything about my approach in studying.
    I honestly think the difference between tests with new test writers have a significant impact. Answer choices require much more depth in thinking to eliminate and analysis.
    I honestly am just ready to accept with whatever I get on Aug and move on.
    Good luck to you on the next one and dont beat yourself up!

Alex

• TheSwanQueenTheSwanQueen Member
    88 karma

I feel your pain, OP! I also had a bad experience with ProctorU and scored much lower than I have on any of my PTs! Doing my best to shake it off and stay focused on June. Hopefully years from now, this moment will just be a blip on the radar.

Don't give up! We've all got this!

• 19 karma

I scored a 139 and I'm EXTREMELY disappointed but I'll have another shot in June.

• thinklikealawyerthinklikealawyer Core Member
    edited May 2021 284 karma

This blog post was really helpful in getting my attitude right! I encourage you all to check it out

https://blog.spiveyconsulting.com/if-you-didnt-get-the-lsat-school-you-dreamed-of/

284 karma

@alexhpcs said:
    It was also a huge surprise when I saw my score! I felt like I did way better than Jan but in fact did worse. I was confident I was in high 150s, even low 160s.
    I'm starting over to review everything about my approach in studying.
    I honestly think the difference between tests with new test writers have a significant impact. Answer choices require much more depth in thinking to eliminate and analysis.
    I honestly am just ready to accept with whatever I get on Aug and move on.
    Good luck to you on the next one and dont beat yourself up!

Alex

How do you plan on moving forward with studying? I also feel as if I need to reevaluate my current methods. I am thinking of taking my PT's on lawhub until June. I only took the May 2020 on lawhub before the April test, I then transferred my answers to 7sage so I could BR and have those analytics. I'm thinking that a higher level of comfort with the interface will aid in studying for the June exam. I'm also thinking of looking at analytics and drilling areas I could use improvement. Although I can't shake the feeling that these newer tests are much different than the older ones. The April exam I took felt wayyyy different than the ones I have been using to practice.... :/

• rj33marinesrj33marines Core Member
    23 karma

I thought I did well on the test. Scored a 143. I can't believe it. Time to grind for June!!! We got this.

• kylaperreaultkylaperreault Core Member
    15 karma

Feeling the same as you all! Scored lower than my PT’s and feeling frustrated. Trying to work up the motivation to keep studying for June! Those of you who are first time test takers, are you keeping or canceling your score? Got a 157 and the target schools I’m looking at I was needing a 160+. Any thoughts, advice?

• fieldcross255fieldcross255 Member
    36 karma

I scored my best score out of all my tests with a 154. If you are trying to get into the 2022 term, I would take some time off. Forget about this test and enjoy yourself. Then get back at it for the October-December exams. I think that the stress of trying to do the best gets in the way of your true ability. I scored a 120 on my initial test on the first day of studying. That was only because they do not go lower than a 120. Keep your head up and get after it you'll be fine.

• Lschmitt07196Lschmitt07196 Yearly Member
    28 karma

I started studying hard for the lsat around thanksgiving of last year. On the February test, I was skeptical about how well I did and to my surprise I got a 162 (a competitive score at most of my target schools). The past 2 months, I had been consistently pt’ing in the 159-164 range so I went into the April test thinking I could maybe do a little better or at least show that the first one wasn’t a fluke. I initially felt good about how I did, so I was extremely shocked and disappointed to see that on my second test I got a 155... I don’t know what the fuck happened. Should I take it a third time? Should I cut my losses and just say it was a bad day? Any advice is appreciated.

• WhatslsatWhatslsat Member
    476 karma

@thinklikealawyer
    I definitely think you should take as many as you can on Lawhub to get more familiar.
    I usually take it timed on the hub and do the BR on 7Sage. I've used up most of the PTs and only have maybe 3 fresh ones left. I think I'm gonna go back and do 1-2 PTs a week and BR them over weekends.

I also recommend tackling the hardest PTs for LR and RC. Some of the old ones are easier I think especially if they are retakes!

Alex

• whistlingplantwhistlingplant Live Member
    101 karma

Was hitting 150-155 PT and yikes at my April 148 lol, but definitely expected it (logic games are my best and I had to guess on 2 entire games). Motivates me for my next time and for how I knew I should've been studying. Glad we can come together in this, I feel less alone. Sending motivation to you all - we go this!

• Heidi0715-1Heidi0715-1 Live Member
    edited April 2021 52 karma

Feeling the same as most of you. Felt good after the test and scored -10 below my PT's. I'm trying to stay positive, but it's hard. I'm going to keep grinding it out and re-take the test in a few months. I definitely feel deflated.

• bananagram24bananagram24 Core Member
    22 karma

Does anyone know when if we're supposed to have access to the Item Response Report, Answer Sheet, etc? It says mine aren't available yet but I was wondering if that was normal.

• jabarrineaujabarrineau Member
    72 karma

@"Anna Bruckner" said:
    Does anyone know when if we're supposed to have access to the Item Response Report, Answer Sheet, etc? It says mine aren't available yet but I was wondering if that was normal.

We won't see them for the FLEX because its a non-disclosed test.

284 karma

Thanks all for the response. Moving forward, I will be taking two PT's a week until the June test on LawHub and do my best to simulate test day. Drilling weak points when necessary. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!

Good luck to you all moving forward, remember that these are the moments that count the most, how you show up for yourself after defeat. I am proud of you all for taking on this journey and moving forward despite what feels right now like intense failure. I am pleased to be part of such an uplifting community! Keep grinding, folks!

• Nadzter19Nadzter19 Core Member
    123 karma

I came out of the test knowing I didn’t do well. It was so bad that I scored a little bit higher than my diagnostics score. Sad to say that all those months waking up early and studying seem to be a waste. I’m disappointed but I’m not going to stop working hard. I don’t want a 180. I don’t even want a 165. A 156 sound suffice. I’m going to have to reanalyze how I’m studying and drill like a mad woman. @thinklikealawyer thanks for the article you posted. Trying to stay positive after this setback.

• Judging by the posts on this it seems a majority of people were hit hard with this test, including me. Scored 8 points lower than my PT. This is extremely tiring to deal with. Do you guys want to form a groupme and study together?

• tonyahardzinskitonyahardzinski Core Member
    307 karma

I feel your pain! I was scoring 157-159 and only got a 153. I had a wicked allergy attack thanks to the trees pollinating the week of the test that turned into a horrid sinus infection so I'm blaming. Even today I scored a 158 on a PT after not studying for 3 weeks so I think I'll be signing up for June too, just because I want the score that reflects my capability. The school I'm trying to get into will most likely accept me in the meantime because I improved from my 150 Nov score, but I want the vindication of a better score. Who knows, maybe I'll break into the low 160s with another 6wks to study! BTW I started this journey at a pathetic 136 late May of last year so I'm super proud in general of my improvement.

• tonyahardzinskitonyahardzinski Core Member
    307 karma

@whistlingplant said:
    Was hitting 150-155 PT and yikes at my April 148 lol, but definitely expected it (logic games are my best and I had to guess on 2 entire games). Motivates me for my next time and for how I knew I should've been studying. Glad we can come together in this, I feel less alone. Sending motivation to you all - we go this!

Dude I think I know which 2 games you're talking about because I did the same. I sat there STUMPED on how to draw the game board on 1. Brutal! I shudder when I see peeps stocking store shelves now lol

• 18 karma

@"Timmy Is an Avg Kid that No One Understands" would love to join the groupme! Also took the April test and was super disappointed with my score :(

• 269 karma

Hey @thinklikealawyer, you are definitely not alone. The anxiety of test day is an absolutely novel experience compared to what is feels like to take a PT at home. I was averaging between 168-170 on PTs before I took the April FLEX and scored a 163. I hadn't scored that low in 5 months. Felt like the wind got knocked out of me.

All I can say is: It's going to be okay. You have another chance. I have another chance. Don't let your worst day define you; it's a statistical outlier. This isn't the last time we're going to make a mistake in our legal career, so it's crucial to learn how to respond to situations like these with confidence and grace.

• Cynthia-2Cynthia-2 Member
    498 karma

@GoatAdvocate said:
    Hey @thinklikealawyer, you are definitely not alone. The anxiety of test day is an absolutely novel experience compared to what is feels like to take a PT at home. I was averaging between 168-170 on PTs before I took the April FLEX and scored a 163. I hadn't scored that low in 5 months. Felt like the wind got knocked out of me.

All I can say is: It's going to be okay. You have another chance. I have another chance. Don't let your worst day define you; it's a statistical outlier. This isn't the last time we're going to make a mistake in our legal career, so it's crucial to learn how to respond to situations like these with confidence and grace.

Do you feel like the April test was harder than the previous tests for LR and LG? Do you recall what were the type of games? Congrats on the score, it might not be what you wanted but it's a great score! Keep working hard!

• @"Cynthia-2" said:

@GoatAdvocate said:

Do you feel like the April test was harder than the previous tests for LR and LG? Do you recall what were the type of games? Congrats on the score, it might not be what you wanted but it's a great score! Keep working hard!

Yes it was harder. Very similar to the "newer" section of tests in 7sage. Lots of MISC games.

498 karma

@"Timmy Is an Avg Kid that No One Understands" said:

@"Cynthia-2" said:

@GoatAdvocate said:

Yes it was harder. Very similar to the "newer" section of tests in 7sage. Lots of MISC games.

Thank you, by the newer tests, are you referring to LR being like the harder newer tests?

• @"Cynthia-2" said:

@"Cynthia-2" said:

@GoatAdvocate said:

Thank you, by the newer tests, are you referring to LR being like the harder newer tests?

No, the newer section is tests 36-58. The LR is worded very similarly to that and the RC has a similar flow, two easy and two super hard. LG was a lot of MISC games with one very hard seq.

498 karma

@"Cynthia-2" said:

@"Cynthia-2" said:

@GoatAdvocate said:

No, the newer section is tests 36-58. The LR is worded very similarly to that and the RC has a similar flow, two easy and two super hard. LG was a lot of MISC games with one very hard seq.

That's very helpful, thank you!