Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

'Up to 7 hours'... is the test actually this long?

fishtwentyfivefishtwentyfive Free Trial Member
in General 227 karma
I understand that the test is of course not actually 7 hours, but my admission ticket says that it can take up to 7 hours... what does this mean? Is there an additional 3 or so hours of rules to be read to all the test-takers? My concern is if there is some long process at the beginning, before the test starts, then I want to know the optimal minute to ingest my caffeine.

Comments

• mackenzie_fitzgeraldmackenzie_fitzgerald Alum Member
    74 karma
    I was wondering the same thing!! If I sit there for a long time I'm just going to get nervous and then I'll have to pee.....but I won't be able to.
  • Dr. YamataDr. Yamata Member Inactive ⭐
    578 karma
    From reading various experiences, the test can easily start an hour or later after the start time on the ticket. The mantra about "getting there early" is true and probably a good idea, but that doesn't mean you have to walk in early. I'd try to pee right before you check in at 1230
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    In my experience, it was like 30-40 min of check-in/reading the rules before the test started. It was around 10 min at the end of the test to collect all the material. Def didn't take 7 hours.
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    They just say up to 7 hours in case of some unforeseen circumstances.

In my first take, it took me about 35-40 mins as well to begin from check-in. Remember that once you formally check-in you will be immediately direct into your testing room and you CANNOT use the bathroom at that point. So make sure you have gone one last time before checking in.
  • 50 karma
    Took it last Sept. and it took about 5 hours for my testing location. I've read about people having issues at other places where it kept them from starting on time, and held them up another 2+ hours, though.

Speaking of which, I should be heading to my testing location now!

Good luck everyone who is taking it today.
  • lsatcommittedlsatcommitted Alum Member
    166 karma
    I was there from 12:10 to 5:45, includes check in, prep, test and collecting everything.
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    Checked in around 12:35pm (was at back of the line) and got out around 5:40pm
  • 7sagelsatstudent1807sagelsatstudent180 Alum Member
    932 karma
    I was at my testing center from 12:00 to 6:30.... 6.5 hours even though we weren't under LSAC control until 12:30.... 200 people were at our testing center so it took time to check everyone in.