Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Study Plan

Dr. YamataDr. Yamata Member Inactive ⭐
in General 578 karma
Coming up with a rough outline of my work for the next 3 months. I have literally every PT including the old rare ones, and TBH I've blown thru most of them. Yeah yeah, you told me so. BUT I don't know if that will be an issue.

If I've seen them already, I should get perfect 180's on them all, right? Right. So since that probably won't actually happen, they will still give me hints and clues as to what I need to work on. Unfortunately I have a job.. so what I'm probably going to do is blow thru as many logic games as possible during the day (I get to sit around a lot) starting with the old ones and working up. The logic games seem to be the most conducive to being able to stop and come back to them. At nights/in free time, I will do 1-2 sections of LR or RC per day and will keep track of the ones I miss in a centralized location. I'm going to treat it like JY's method for games.. doing the section 10 times until I get it perfect. I think this will help me see the patterns of the arguments and passages more clearly through rote memorization. I think I went too fast last time. Taking the tests, but not reviewing my mistakes thoroughly enough

The fact that I drilled literally thousands of LR questions was the only thing that kept me going on Monday. I felt like a machine that had to separate logical answers from BS. Although my machine "did run out of gas" at the end, I can say I knocked over 3 sections b2b no problem. Now I just have to sharpen this axe even further.

Timing is not a concern I have. I was able to get to the end of every section with minutes to spare (besides "that" section) My main concerns are accuracy on the LR, and I have to start making notes on my reading comp. From my experience on test day, my brain will just be too hyped up to concentrate well on the passage enough to answer the Q's from memory. I'm going to have to create a useful system of markings that I will use from passage to passage to describe its contents quickly and be able to go back.

Not waiting for my score.. who cares.. the score will be: NOT GOOD Oct prep starts today.

Comments

• Dr. YamataDr. Yamata Member Inactive ⭐
    578 karma
    Oh and I'm also throwing down for an electric pencil sharpener... Fook twisting this little thing around the pencil 100 times and it usually breaks anyway.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Pro tip: Turn the pencil, not the sharpener. Best of luck prepping for October, I think there are a lot of people in that boat.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Are you able to use sharpeners even electric during the actual sections? Or do you have to wait for breaks? I recently beat mine to it's death... became so angry and just couldn't take it anymore. I took a unhung chalkboard to that little bastard.
    578 karma
    @Daniel LOL Nah you have to use the handheld during the test.. @Pacifico Haha cute sometimes the blade becomes dull.. you have to apply TENSION to that sucker!

At any rate, I feel a lot better with another 3 months to study for October. The only saving grace might be if the curve is generous.. but with 100 questions the curve may not "look generous"
  • visualcreedvisualcreed Member Inactive ⭐
    326 karma
    I used two pencils the whole test and didn't sharpen once. I only switched for the essay to attempt to write legibly. The girl next to me was sharpening furiously the whole test..
    578 karma
    Guilty lol I was def a serial sharpener
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @"Dr. Yamata" Check out the Palomino Long Point sharpener. I have it, it's amazing. I only sharpen 2 pencils for my prep tests now as opposed to 4-5 for standard sharpened ;)

http://www.amazon.com/Palomino-820933120053-Blackwing-Point-Sharpener/dp/B009EUH8UC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1433885427&sr=8-1&keywords=palomino+sharpener

Plus you'll be da belle of da ball at your next sitting with that fancy accesoire.
    326 karma
    I second the Palomino Long Point sharpener. I have it, didn't need to use it though.
  • kevinmdunsheekevinmdunshee Alum Member
    69 karma
    I brought like 10 pencils and kept knocking them off the desk because my desk was the size of a piece of paper. Smh.
    578 karma
    That's why I'm probably going to take it at Ut again despite the traffic. The desks were huge. I've been hearing horror stories about tiny desks
    326 karma
    I think the majority of desks are small, you could barely fit one side of the test booklet on the damn desk.
    578 karma
    That seems like a really arbitrary difficulty.. kind of like the logic games with no space to write. Lawyers usually have pretty big desks lol
  • bstew2002bstew2002 Alum Member
    edited June 2015 269 karma
    I don't know about this Palomino nonsense that @nicole.hopkins is spouting, or if it is even a real thing. There are lots of fictitious pencil sharpeners out there, so you have to be careful about what people say. Alvin Brass Bullet is 180. Anything else is 120.

I'm just kidding. It's probably fine.
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    @bstew2002 would know, y'all! He's the sharpener expert!

I use the Blackwing long point and it's the best, increased my score 10 points...

Oh and I got a 180 on the June LSAT (my score was released 3 weeks early) and I'm going to Yale...

I kid, I kid.
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    I've never had a problem with desk size at both places overrated at. Perhaps you hit a streak of bad luck :/
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited June 2015 4181 karma
    Thanks @"Dr. Yamata"