Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Prep for Fall 2016?

ZayyyahhZayyyahh Member
edited July 2015 in General 26 karma
I would like to take the December LSAT, but am not sure if I can perform as well as I would like. My goal is 160+ range. I do have time on my hands. I am willing to work my butt off If it can be done. If so, what resources and study plan should I follow. (Just purchased the trainer) Thank you :)

Comments

• PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Need more information. Have you taken a diagnostic? If so, what was your score? Are you using 7Sage or just the Trainer? How much time do you actually have to study? What other resources do you have (e.g.- drilling materials, PTs, etc.)?

You can hit 160 in 4-5 months with the right approach and study habits but you need to be serious, you need to get to work ASAP on learning a methodology so you can be PTing by mid-September at the latest.
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @isaiahcv123 Get ready NOT to have a lot of time on your hands. The clock starts ticking the second you decide on a test date (and pay for it). From all the stories and encouragement I have read/received here ... all things are possible. Commit and begin the process and you will find lots of support here. Best of luck !!
  • ZayyyahhZayyyahh Member
    26 karma
    @Pacifico No I have not taken a diagnostic. I was planning on going through Trainer first, then purchasing 7Sage. What approach should I take on both? I have 20 hours per week for the next three weeks; then after that it opens up to 30 hours a week. These are the only resources I'm using thus far.
    @nye8870 thanks for the encouragement!
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Hey @isaiahcv123

The Trainer actually works really well with 7Sage's course, so it might be good for you to use them together. It's also a good idea to take your diagnostic to know where you are. You can take the June 2007 PT for free here:
    http://7sage.com/lesson/preptest-june-2007/
  • ZayyyahhZayyyahh Member
    26 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" Thank you, I will take this tomorrow and let you know how it goes!
    12637 karma
    Good luck!
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Definitely take the diagnostic just to get a baseline. Then do the whole curriculum in order, start PTs and then use the Trainer to supplement your weak areas.
    12637 karma
    ^ Listen to the man.
  • Student76Student76 Alum Member
    324 karma
    I used 7sage and 30ish prep tests. 8 months in 155, 12 months in 168... if I worked harder in the 8 months maybe I could have scored higher, but the more time the better. JY mentions in one of the first 7sage videos to give yourself 12 months. At that time I was planning on 3 months, he was right.