Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My LSAT Watch Broke *sniff* Help me pick a new one?

nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
in General 7965 karma
Yo people.

I loved my LSAT watch from 35minutes.com. I used the heck out of it from Feb. thru July. Then I finally ripped the mechanism out (better it happen now than, you know, like the week before). So now I want a new watch.

I'm looking at this one. http://www.amazon.com/Perfect-Score-LSAT-Watch-Exam/dp/B00SC6FJ3M/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1438699397&sr=8-3&keywords=lsat+watch

And this one. http://www.180watch.com/

I stopped caring about price because I'd rather have a better watch than save ~$20-$30. You feel ??

Any thoughts? Priorities are ... Either 4 section color coding or none, love the nifty "section reset" button (otherwise I was planning on having my nails done to guarantee that they're long/strong enough to pull the little doohickey out ... maybe that last part belongs in the Confessional thread).

Comments

• danielledanielle Free Trial Member
    43 karma
    So, I've got a thought or two on this.

I would actually recommend getting a watch from Casio or some other company that has a rotating bezel, and I'll explain why.
    With those kinds of watches, you spin the outer ring around the face to match the minute you start the section, and then can see 5 minute increments along that face until you hit 35 minutes.

You can also use it to time the 15 minute break, so you're ready to start at the end of the break. They're not always good about telling you when the break is going to end.

The reason I don't like the LSAT watches is because if you forget to reset the watch at the start of a section, you're screwed. There's no way to see how long you've been going. You've now got to guess how much time you have left and hope you've been working quickly enough.
    However, with a regular watch, I know that I started at the 35 minute mark, and can swing the bezel to match so I can keep track, or just do the mental math for it.

Also, the bezels are easy to spin and won't wreck your nails. (Maybe get them done before the LSAT anyways just for the confidence boost though!)

Plus, after I take the LSAT, I now have a watch. With an LSAT watch, I have a 35 minute timer. I very rarely have to time 35 minutes, but I often need to know what time it is.

I know you said you were looking for specifically those timer watches, but I'd encourage you to look into watches such as this: http://www.amazon.com/Casio-MRW200H-1BV-Black-Resin-Watch/dp/B005JVP0LE/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1438702030&sr=8-4&keywords=casio+watch.

I was served really well by these watches. Whatever you choose, good luck!
  • cliffinesscliffiness Alum Member
    86 karma
    that's pretty cool!!!!! the perfect score one isn't available on amazon.ca :(
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @danielle said:
    The reason I don't like the LSAT watches is because if you forget to reset the watch at the start of a section, you're screwed.
    Understood. However, having used my watch for 5+ months, it's second nature at this point to reset. And I'm not like ... super fast at calculating time remaining visually based on irregular start times so I don't think a moving bezel watch would be a good choice for me. And, I wear a Garmin device for my regular watch so no need for an analog post test :) Heck I might even give it away as a White Elephant gift ... !! Or find someone deserving/needy on the forums.
    7965 karma
    @danielle said:
    Maybe get them done before the LSAT anyways just for the confidence boost though!
    Girl I might need to!
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Uh oh... I hope I don't break my 35 minute watch... although now that I just use it propped up I'm regretting getting a left handed version because it's a super pain in the ass to manipulate it.
  • rdelamatrdelamat Member
    47 karma
    The 180 watch is pretty cool. I've had it for a few weeks now and it does exactly what it claims to do. A little on the pricey side but I'd definitely recommend.
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    although now that I just use it propped up I'm regretting getting a left handed version because it's a super pain in the ass to manipulate it.
    Oh my gosh are you a lefty, TOO?!?!! Twinsies 4 lyfe
    7965 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    I hope I don't break my 35 minute watch...
    Yeah .... ripped the dial thing right out and even took the whole thing apart and tried to fix. It was a very sad day. That thing served me extremely well in prep so I still say it was worth it.
  • mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    I'm also looking to buy an LSAT watch. Would love to hear which ones you guys have bought and your thoughts on them.
    7965 karma
    Just bought a 180 watch on eBay for a cool $42.
  • arabprodigy30arabprodigy30 Alum Member
    243 karma
    :( Mine broke too, I got this from amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T6Y5TOS/ref=s9_simh_gw_p241_d0_i4?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=19X08EV37N886XMYR3JF&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=2079475242&pf_rd_i=desktop

It works well, but didn't sit too well on table so i cut the wrist rubber and it lays flat on table now .
  • sarkisp23sarkisp23 Alum Member
    374 karma
    I agree with @danielle and I use the Casio as well. The rotating bezel means you don't even look at the actual time. You just look at the indicators on the bezel not the watch face. I used permanent marker on mine to black out everything past 35 mins. So it's like the 180 watch but A) cheaper, B) I can actually use it as a watch when I'm working out or dressed down
  • dinobunnydinobunny Alum Member
    edited August 2015 69 karma
    nicole, are you taking the oct lsat? if not, I can give you my 180watch for free which I plan to use for the oct lsat and will have no use after that (I'm determined to take lsat only once :)
    7965 karma
    @dinobunny said:
    nicole, are you taking the oct lsat?
    I'm taking in Oct :) Thanks, though! Perhaps there will be another taker?
  • JayP0352JayP0352 Alum Member
    99 karma
    @nicole.hopkins do you by chance have the link still for the eBay page for the 180 watch?
    7965 karma
    @JayPatel said:
    eBay page for the 180 watch?
    I already bought it :D I just searched 180 watch on eBay.
  • Matt1234567Matt1234567 Inactive ⭐
    edited August 2015 1294 karma
    I just went ahead and ordered the toptier custom lsat watch for pretty cheap. As long as it keeps track of time, I'm good with it lol. All the other watches don't ship to Canada :(.
  • blueyayfreeblueyayfree Alum Member
    164 karma
    If I get a ridiculously good score (with my cheap analog rotating-bezel watch), I think I'll be buying one of these fancy as hell lsat watches to just wear everywhere as a conversation starter in order to give me the opportunity to brag about my ridiculously good score to as many people as possible.