Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

April LSAT Takers: How You Feeling?!

I am DavisI am Davis Core Member
in General 61 karma

I am sitting for my first LSAT in April and with less than a month to go it is starting to feel real. I am hoping to boost my score by another 5-7 points which feels like a lot but I have a good plan in place for the final countdown...

How is everybody feeling? Prepared? Nervous? If it goes poorly the plan is to take again in August, but I would love to just get my goal score first try and be done with it.

Good luck to everybody!

Comments

• Sam Specter RossSam Specter Ross Live Member
    14 karma

Very nervous lol. If you’re taking April I’d also take June so u can get Logic Games again. Since Yk August isn’t going to have Logic Games

• imtryinggggggimtryingggggg Core Member
    77 karma

Nervous. I don't even know if I should do it. This is my first time as well and I want to raise my score by 10 points but recently I started scoring lower. What study plan do you have to raise your score? How many practice tests are you guys doing? and what do you study on other days?

• I am DavisI am Davis Core Member
    61 karma

@imtryingggggg Hey! Sorry for the delayed response. I am going to take 6 practice tests in between now and then. I also took one yesterday. The rest of the time I will review missed questions from PTs, drill logic games, or do drills with difficult questions I typically struggle with. My main focus is 4 and 5 star LR questions and all Logic Games as practice.

• lazylsat617lazylsat617 Live Member
    45 karma

Feeling nervous for sure but hoping to boost my confidence with some productive study time and a positive approach. Have to take April and June because I'll miss

• Keel1222Keel1222 Core Member
    40 karma

Third take. I feel the best I've ever felt. Good luck on your first take! I'd say doing full sections in 30 mins was the best thing for me between first and second take, I really bombed first take. Would def recommned that for you!

61 karma

@Keel1222 Hey Keel! So you mean attempting to do an entire section in 30 minutes vs 35? I haven't heard this one but could give it a try!

• Keel1222Keel1222 Core Member
    40 karma

@"I am Davis" said:

@Keel1222 Hey Keel! So you mean attempting to do an entire section in 30 minutes vs 35? I haven't heard this one but could give it a try!

Yep! Really helped me, because with my level of test anxiety I probably spend 2-5 minutes thinking "Oh god I'm done for" during real takes, so instead of trying to shove that down in my mind in real-time (which makes the stronger btw), I jsut prepared for it, and funnily experienced much less of that because I knew I could complete a section in shorter time and get around the same score.

• Happy-gt172Happy-gt172 Core Member
    edited March 21 95 karma

I'm planning on taking June right after April, but pretty discouraged right now honestly. I was averaging around 170s but then decided to take pt89 yesterday, got totally wrecked dropping 7points from my previous PT

• AziragoramoAziragoramo Live Member
    47 karma

I already applied to schools, and got some good options so I'm trying to go in less anxious. We shall see on the test day. lol

• robertsnicholaspaulrobertsnicholaspaul Live Member
    15 karma

Feeling stressed. Not enough time to take full practice tests without work interruptions, and dealing with a terribly sick dog and vehicle problems. It is what it is!

• pmjm30pmjm30 Live Member
    11 karma

i got into a few schools and am retaking for better scholarships. lets hope april goes well!

• foreverlearning92foreverlearning92 Live Member
    11 karma

I'm feeling absolutely terrified, this will be my second attempt and with working full time. I haven't improved as much as I wanted to. Since my test last June. My best section is LG and it's going away so I'm rushing myself to take it before it's gone. The stress is definitely getting to me.

• haleymhodgeshaleymhodges Core Member
    16 karma

Great! ready to kick some LSAT butt and never have to think about this test ever again Baruch HaShem!

• wimoeller71wimoeller71 Yearly + Live Member
    72 karma

I will feel good if I can go -0 to -4 on logic games

• AndriiUAAndriiUA Live Member
    9 karma

As usual- never feeling ready for any tests...

• BenPocheronBenPocheron Core Member
    10 karma

Hello everyone,

Me too, I'll be taking the test for the first time in April, but from Madrid, Spain!

To give you some context, I'm originally from France, spent four years in the USA, and have been living in Spain for over three years now, working full-time, and often exceeding 55-60 hours per week. Despite the workload, I feel quite confident about the upcoming tests - I plan to take it twice, in April and June, (Yes, I do want that Logic Games section, and will miss it). Now, I'm no Einstein, Musk, or any other genius you can think of, so why the confidence, and why should you share it?

Like you, I heavily rely on, and trust, resources from 7Sage, and if you're reading this, chances are you do too. Consider the folks who will sit for the test with minimal or no preparation at all. Like me, I presume you've seen improvements from your diagnostic score, which, let's admit, is excellent. That's something to be proud of, really. As a matter of fact, as I write this, I am drinking a glass of red wine in Spanish bar, having my "tapa" and enjoying the fact that I made progress.

Also, if you're still striving for your target score, as many have mentioned here, trust the process. It's just a matter of time. Some of us might progress faster, others longer, but isn't it just what life is about? Everyone's journey is unique. Personally, I have my obstacles: English isn't my native language, which poses a significant challenge (I learned it proficiently around 23-24 years old, and now I'm 28). Nonetheless, I refuse to let it hinder me (that would be a recipe for disaster). For example, every unfamiliar word is an opportunity for me to expand my vocabulary (similarly, each incorrect answer for a LR question, for example, is a chance to learn and avoid repeating the same mistake). Starting from a diagnostic score of 150, I'm on track to hopefully achieve 170+.

Trust the process, trust yourself, and try to find enjoyment in the test-taking experience. Personally, I perform better when I'm enjoying myself.

While we'll be competing with each other, each aiming for a higher score than our neighbor, I genuinely wish you all the best. I won't wish you luck, as success isn't merely luck-based for this test, but rather a result of preparation and effort. So, here's to you being at your best, achieving your goals, and hopefully crossing paths at a top-tier school someday.

Take care,

Benjamin

61 karma

@BenPocheron Thank you for the thoughtful reply and positivity! I appreciate it greatly because it is just what I need to push through the final weeks of prep.

I was born in the US, but lived in France for a year as well. And Madrid is one of my favorite cities in the world. Enjoy the tapas and best of luck on the exam.

Hala Madrid !