Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So which of you Octobers are retaking in December :-)

petitigrepetitigre Member
edited October 2015 in General 227 karma
Let's help each other?

Comments

• lpadr009lpadr009 Free Trial Member
    379 karma
    Hopefully NOT ME ugh
  • HibiscusHibiscus Free Trial Member
    82 karma
    I... Probably will regardless of score unless I get super lucky and it's a 170
  • jyang72jyang72 Alum Member
    844 karma
    I am taking December for sure.
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    I'm taking December even if I hit 170... October is to get in... December is to get money...
  • petitigrepetitigre Member
    227 karma
    @Pacifico I have a question relevant to that: Is it a "kosher" strategy to take an official test solely as practice for the "real" round? I've always read that the LSAT should be a one done deal and retake only if absolutely necessary.

My October test wasn't a practice round (not intentionally, anyway), but because of all the surprising things I learned from taking an official test, I see the value of taking an official test solely to prepare for a retake... What do you think?
  • Dev MockDev Mock Member
    67 karma
    I'm planning on it.
  • HibiscusHibiscus Free Trial Member
    82 karma
    You end up wasting an attempt, so I don't think it's the greatest plan. If you get sick for the second one or something then pressure is really on at the third one and you might underperform
  • mepujalsmepujals Alum Member
    103 karma
    Definitely retaking in December- already signed up. Not slowing down one bit----ok, I am taking today off for sure and taking a big fat nap. But tomorrow I'll be back at it!
  • djkrd92djkrd92 Alum Member
    75 karma
    It all depends on which LR section was the experimental :/ ughhhhh i can't figure it out anywhere
  • GordonBombayGordonBombay Alum Member
    456 karma
    Decided today that I'm taking a week off to finish up my personal statement and update/re-format my resume. Already have my LOR's taken care of. After that it's back to the grind for December.
    8021 karma
    I wouldn't take an official administration if you're nowhere near your goal. If you've flirted with it then I say go for it. 3 or less takes is totally cool so there's nothing to lose in a retake and only something to gain. My average was slightly below my goal, but I've hit my goal and surpassed my goal on a handful of PTs, so I took it today and will take it again in December in hopes of raising my score regardless of how I did today.

Another thing is that in the end the goal is to become a lawyer. I know I did well enough today to get into my safeties, and so I know I will reach my goal regardless. I think the secret to removing pressure and lowering stress is finding safety schools that suit your needs and desires and being totally content to attend those schools and then aiming higher from there.
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    I think the secret to removing pressure and lowering stress is finding safety schools that suit your needs and desires and being totally content to attend those schools and then aiming higher from there.
    Agreed. Also, it's a great mindset to go into a test already knowing you're taking it again in a few months. It can take the pressure off.
    8021 karma
    Yeah I'm generally a really good test taker and don't get nervous or anything but today I was so low key it bordered on boredom hahah... The ants crawling on my answer sheet kept me entertained though...
  • nye8870nye8870 Alum
    1749 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    The ants crawling on my answer sheet kept me entertained though...

Shoulda started humming this....
  • ellie1991ellie1991 Alum Member
    237 karma
    @Pacifico said:
    I'm taking December even if I hit 170... October is to get in... December is to get money...

Indeed.
    However, should one hold off on application until December results, or go ahead with application even knowing one is taking the test again in December?
    What are your thoughts?
    8021 karma
    I'm likely going to drop my apps to my safeties now and then wait for my reaches/targets.
  • ellie1991ellie1991 Alum Member
    237 karma
    Good to hear, I was planning on the same. Thanks