Pointless speculation (+ tips?) for HLS interview

allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
in General 1128 karma
Just got an invite for a Skype interview in a couple weeks. Has anyone else done one of these? Tips?
I know I'm not in until I'm in... but should I take this as a good sign or an entirely neutral one?

Comments

• runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    I'd take it as a good sign. You are aware it doesn't mean a definite yes, but I'd say it means you're not in the definite no pile or they wouldn't bother. TLS might have some tips for what I believe they call a JS1. And i think there was at least one sager who got into HLS @gs556 maybe he's still around and has some tips?
  • PacificoPacifico Alum Inactive ⭐
    8021 karma
    Well I'm pretty sure they don't admit anyone that they don't interview so it is a good sign in that respect. Congrats and don't sweat it... You're an intelligent woman and speak well... Just be yourself and you'll be fine. Good luck!
  • mimimimimimimimi Free Trial Member
    368 karma
    wow congrats! What are your numbers if you don't mind to share?
  • noobie1noobie1 Member
    266 karma
    Congrats! The admissions people are busy and would not initiate an interview unless you are a strong candidate. You might want to watch the Mike Spivey webinar recorded a few weeks ago. He had some tips on how to interact with admissions people.

• gs556gs556 Member Inactive Sage
    568 karma
    @allison.gill.sanford I interviewed via Skype in October and was admitted in December. PM me if you want to chat about anything HLS related.
  • LSATislandLSATisland Free Trial Inactive Sage
    1878 karma
    I interviewed for 2014 - feel free to PM also if you'd like to chat.
  • allison.gill.sanfordallison.gill.sanford Alum Inactive Sage
    1128 karma
    Thanks all for the encouragement everyone! I'll watch the video and send those PMs.