Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BR Group Calendar Now Available!

Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
in Study Groups 4344 karma
Hey y'all,

You asked for it. So now you're getting it. Here's the BR Group Calendar, including June-oriented (but open to all) dates as well as dates leading up to the September test: https://calendar.google.com/calendar/embed?src=7sage.com_ft05lsm54j4ec1s6kj1d1bbpv0@group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Chicago

Note: I know there was talk of y'all doing this on Sundays, but Saturdays have been a mainstay of 7sage BR Groups since their inception. There are many reasons why it should be Saturday and not Sunday—not the least of which is the fact that people have work on Mondays and BR Group calls often go late into the night ;) However, there will be Sunday dates until the beginning of June so as to accommodate folks who are taking it in June as well as Sept.

And don't forget that BR Group calls will be GUIDED by a Sage on Saturdays until further notice (at least into May).

Comments

• Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    Please address questions to myself or @"cant get right".
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    edited April 2016 2098 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" @"cant get right" I couldn't find 36 to 43 PTs on the schedule, would there be any BR session for these PTs?
  • 180pronto180pronto Free Trial Member
    58 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" @"Cant Get Right" I noticed that there are some same PT's for different dates. If we want to join the group for the Sept. test, how do we know which BR dates to join in on.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    edited April 2016 27809 karma
    @180pronto If you're taking in Sept, the upcoming 70s are specifically scheduled to lead up to the [correction] June test date. Ultimately it's up to your discretion though.
    27809 karma
    @nader.parham there isn't quite time to fit in everything between now and September, so priority was given to the later tests.
    58 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" Gotcha, is there any way to have a small note so that we know which ones are specifically scheduled for Sept.
    27809 karma
    We're actually trying to get away from test specific groups, so technically there aren't any specifically scheduled for Sept. Personally, I'm torn on the 70s. On one hand I want to save them for closer to the end, but at the same time, I want to get the newer games into my rotation asap. 72 and 77 are a bit notorious for having weird games, so I think I'm going to go ahead with those and maybe a couple more, but save the rest for closer to time.
    58 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" OK, so just to clarify, we just pick and choose which dates/PT's to jump onto? Is there any recommendation as to how many a week we should get on for Sept?
    27809 karma
    @180pronto correct, you can feel free to jump in on as many as you like whenever you like. Advice I've typically seen is 2-3 PTs a week, but I'm hesitant to recommend 3. I think 2 a week is just about right. Jump into the group as often as you can, I think it's a great way to advance your studying. Think of it as another resource available to you. It's here for whenever you're able to take advantage of it.
    edited April 2016 27809 karma
    I also encourage everyone who is moving into the BR process to go back into the curriculum and review the BR lessons. Additionally, check out this great webinar from Sage Jimmy.

https://7sage.com/webinar/blind-review

Seriously, proper BR is just so important. Even if you're positive you're doing it right, you are doing yourself a real disservice by not reviewing the lessons and watching this webinar. Do it!
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Nice! Now that both @"Nicole Hopkins" and @"Cant Get Right" have posted about it, in the same thread, it MUST be official!
    4344 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Jump into the group as often as you can, I think it's a great way to advance your studying.
    This.
    27809 karma
    Haha, yes, we are now super legit @MrSamIam !
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Haha, yes, we are now super legit
    Love this new year round schedule~
  • lsatblitzlsatblitz Alum Member
    521 karma
    Who do I add on skype? And I assume these are Eastern times?
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @lsatblitz
    7Sage has invested in GoToMeeting to host our BR calls and Webinars! A link to join the group will be provided for each session. Just keep an eye on the forums for the individual session you want to join. Yes, all times are Eastern:)
    Look forward to seeing you on the calls:)
  • CocoZhangCocoZhang Alum Member
    edited April 2016 476 karma
    7 PM ET for almost all the sessions, that is 3 AM UAE time. 3-5AM is the most important time period for deep sleep. I think that means I cannot accommodate any of the session.

I wonder why we can't do alternating session like 7PM for this Wednesday, then 8PM for the next, because I know there are some others who may also find 7PM ET difficult to accommodate.

Guess then I officially drop out of the group.
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" how do you recommend we go about our daily schedule every week? Relatively what days should we actually take the the test, br it and drill weaknesses?
    27809 karma
    Yeah, sorry Coco. We had a lot of different factors to weigh and we really did think about you and other international students. This schedule, though admittedly imperfect, is the best schedule for the most people. For those tricky ones you really need to talk through, there's always the forums and I encourage everyone to be active on here with questions about specific LSAT questions and really anything else LSAT related (and many things not necessarily LSAT related for that matter). We'll still be here for you!
    27809 karma
    @nanchito So daily scheduling is actually something I have strong opinions on, so I could go on forever, but I'm going to try to limit my answer to the scope of your question!

So first and foremost, everyone has to find what works for them. Based on your work or school schedule, what works for me may not work for you.

So what works for me:

Starting out, BR takes a LONG time. If you're doing it right. It should go without saying, but I'll say it anyway: Do it right!! So, I am currently reserving an entire day to BR. I'm assured it gets quicker, but for now, I'm reserving a day. That means for a Saturday BR, I want to take my PT on Friday at the latest. That gives me Friday afternoon and as much of my Saturday as I need to slog through it. And if I finish up sooner, great! Time to drill or review the curriculum or whatever.

It's also important to simulate test conditions as closely as possible during a PT. For me, that means waking up at 6 in the morning, getting ready exactly as I would on test day, and starting the PT at around 9:00. When I can, I even simulate the pretesting conditions. You're going to be sitting around for a long time between reporting and starting the test and it is really mind numbing. I will actually force myself to sit at my desk for 30 minutes before I start. So, I acknowledge this is extreme. But I'm a full time LSAT student, so I have the luxury of boring myself out of my mind and descending into ennui before starting my test. If you've got a job or are in school, don't do this, lol.

Anyway, back to more reasonable strategies. My typical day is, I'll PT or BR in the morning depending on where I'm at in the cycle, and then I'll drill in the afternoons.

Hope that helps! The important thing though is to develop the strategy that works for you. I think the only absolutes are these: PT under as closely simulated conditions as possible, and BR effectively. If you can make your schedule accommodate these two things, you've got a good schedule.
    4344 karma
    @lsatblitz said:
    Who do I add on skype? And I assume these are Eastern times?
    We don't use Skype anymore—it's all on GTM (and the link is always the same one ... keep an eye out for weekly announcements).
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" Thanks. I stopped taking pts a few weeks ago so I could drill the lg bundle, but it would take me about 4 days to br a whole test and drill games. I did gain a better understanding and increased my average by 10 points though. Hopefully now since im better at games, this process will move a bit faster. But just a bit, because you cant rush br.
    27809 karma
    Good call @nanchito . Drilling games is an absolute must and it is well worth taking the time to do it.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    prefect thanks!
  • SkywalkerSkywalker Alum Member
    214 karma
    So, we are starting with preptest 71 this Saturday?
    4344 karma
    @Skywalker said:
    So, we are starting with preptest 71 this Saturday?
    You can expect us to do exactly what the calendar says :)

27809 karma
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" so I remember you saying last night that JY had big news but I don't recall hearing the news. I did leave the call early though. I was looking at the calendar and noticed JY is leading a few of the Sunday calls! Is this new, or did I miss something??! Either way this is awesomesauce!
    27809 karma
    @tanes256 I don’t think it was big news so much as just something big about that test. PT 50 was his LSAT, the one he took for reals. So just kind of a special one for him I’d imagine.
    4344 karma
    @tanes256 said:
    I did leave the call early though. I was looking at the calendar and noticed JY is leading a few of the Sunday calls!
    He is :D
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    Ah snap!! That's awesome! Thx @"Nicole Hopkins"
    27809 karma
    Bump.

Just to remind everyone interested in Group BR and make sure the schedule is fully accessible. See y'all at the next one!
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    bump:)