Guided BR Group for PT73 with Sage Nicole Hopkins | Sat. 8pm ET

Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
edited May 2016 in Study Groups 4344 karma
So you want to do BR group for PT73.

That's pretty much how it's gonna be. I'll be the Smithers to your Mr. Burns. How should you feel about that?

Saturday, May 14th at 8PM ET: PT73

Click here to join this conversation: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/219480381

Please click the link and comment if you plan on participating.

You can also dial in to the BR call by using your phone.
United States +1 (571) 317-3112
Access Code: 219-480-381

Note:

• For everyone: take the PT under timed conditions; BR as you are able on your own; then join us for all or part of the call—everyone is welcome.
  • Note: For the purposes of the call, we like to check our group blind review score together at the very end of the call :) So at least don't say ... "No guys, really, it's D, I checked it.” KEEP THE CORRECT ANSWER TO YOURSELF. Win the argument with your reasoning.
  • These groups work best when folks from ALL stages of prep and with all different goals join in! Not just for "super-preppers" and definitely not just for the casual LSATer (does such a person exist?).
  • The only expectation anyone has for these calls is for you to have fun and ask questions as you desire. We are just a bunch of LSAT lovers who gather via GoToMeeting and intellectually slaughter each test.

Comments

• BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    I'mma be in there
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    edited May 2016 27809 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" gots the best memes.
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Hate missing out. Gots to save those tests!
  • ethaaaanethaaaan Alum Member
    276 karma
    I'll be in, worst PT since my diagnostic :(
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    For those who will be on tonight—let's do RC first but limit it to an hour. We'll get started at 8pm ET sharp.
    1706 karma
    @ethan.ames similar. Definitely not as low as my diagnostic. But lowest PT in at least 8 months. I thought last weeks was bad.
    276 karma
    @BruiserWoods yeah this was 5 points lower than 72 and 7 lower than 69, the last two I've taken. No excuse either, no distractions or anything. Also just vollentarily locked myself out of my garage and house, so looks like I'll be doing this call from the library
    1706 karma
    @ethan.ames I actually scored 5 points worse on my LAST PT (72) than my 5-test average previously. So that one was also a record low. I scored FOUR points lower than that on today's test (so NINE points lower than my previous 5-test average). It's really frustrating because I made a 172 on the one before last week and 170 before that. I thought I was out of the low-160s forever.

I'm feeling pretty defeated. My confidence is definitely shaken. I don't want to push my my test irrationally/impulsively, but I'm definitely not feeling "ready" or confident. I was, but now idk what I should do. We only have til may 17 to change dates.
    276 karma
    @BruiserWoods I feel you on that completely, I'm pretty much in it for June at this point though.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @BruiserWoods & @ethan.ames Nicole is one of the best motivators I have ever met & so happy that she can support you tonight through the transition in the past few PT's. You can do it!!
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    I also scored a few points lower than my average just to echo what @BruiserWoods and @ethan.ames are feeling. I got immensely bogged down during the LG and had to guess on 3 of the last game...aka why I went -4.

Also, I felt like this PTs LR was pretty tough. Both sections had some stretches of 5/5 questions and multiple questions with tough trap answers.

I think it's impossible to expect success over and over again. Sometimes a PT will just hit you harder than others. I think it comes down to getting lucky on test day in terms of questions that just gel with your skills/quick thinking abilities
    1706 karma
    @"Ron Swanson" i almost messaged you earlier when i was in my feelings lolol. It feels nice to know it's not just me. Yeah, I had a hard time with the first game. It took me almost twice as long as usual.

I would feel a little better about it if i also didn't have a very similar experience last week. It's like..... I'm losing confidence :(
    276 karma
    Missed 4/6 on a single RC passage, that pretty much put the nail in the coffin. Missed about 2 more than usual on LR.
    276 karma
    @"Nicole Hopkins" Thanks for all the help, despite not being able to speak for the last hour I was still able to gain everything that I had hoped to.
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    Hey, I haven't been participating in BR calls regularly for a while & am trying to get back in the groove. Is this Saturday's call for PT 74?
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @Sheri123 said:
    Is this Saturday's call for PT 74?
    Yes! 8pm ET.
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    Awesome, thanks @"Nicole Hopkins"!