Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bringing a backpack to test center?

abby.lu2017abby.lu2017 Alum Member
in June 2016 LSAT 112 karma
I am traveling by train from out of town to my test center, so I will have a backpack with me. Do most test centers have storage lockers/rooms for students with a backpack? I will have my phone and some person items in my backpack.

Comments

• runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    I think technically they are not supposed to provide storage space, or allow you in with a backpack. There are however numerous stories on the forums about centers that allowed students to store backpacks at the front of the room, behind the proctors, so I guess it greatly depends on the individual center.
    Your best bet might be to look into renting a locker at the train station, if you absolutely have to bring the backpack.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    Yeah be careful with this. While some proctors may allow an exception, the rules are clear about what is allowed and a backpack is not listed. It is legitimate grounds upon which to deny you entrance to the test, so really not a great thing to gamble on.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    I agree, at my testing center, no bags, other than your Ziplock bag was permitted. @abby.lu2017

The LSAC says that it is prohibited:

You MAY NOT bring into the test center or use any of the following:
    electronic timers of any kind
    electronic cigarettes
    fitness tracking devices
    digital watches, alarm watches, beeping watches, calculator watches
    cell phones, beepers, pagers, personal digital assistants (PDAs)
    personal computers
    calculators
    photographic or recording devices
    listening devices
    headsets, iPods, or other media players
    books, dictionaries, papers of any kind
    rulers
    mechanical pencils
    mechanical erasers or erasers with sleeves
    ink pens or felt-tip markers
    briefcases, handbags, backpacks of any kind
    earplugs
    hats/hoods (except religious apparel) may not be worn on the head
    sunglasses may not be worn
    weapons or firearms

LSAC has adopted a no-tolerance policy with regard to the use or possession of electronic devices, including cell phones, or in possession of a weapon or firearm.

http://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/day-of-test/
  • abby.lu2017abby.lu2017 Alum Member
    112 karma
    Thank you, everybody! I think I will just have to leave my bag at the train station.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @abby.lu2017 said:
    Do most test centers have storage lockers/rooms for students with a backpack? I will have my phone and some person items in my backpack.
    No. No cell phones allowed even near the testing center. Leave everything aside from your ziplock at home!
  • orangebeerorangebeer Alum Member
    216 karma
    Hi,
    I have a question about this....
    So when people go to the test center,
    they just bring the zip in hands...??
    What if we need something on the way? We have to throw them away before enter the test center?
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27821 karma
    @orangebeer said:
    they just bring the zip in hands...??
    What if we need something on the way? We have to throw them away before enter the test center?
    Yes and yes.
  • orangebeerorangebeer Alum Member
    216 karma
    @"Cant Get Right"
    Thanks for your reply.
    Didn't expect this...kind of worried that would look weird.
    (or get some bag that I can throw away...)
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    the rules seems excessive. i mean i get the cell phone rule so that it's quiet during the test but LSAC needs to chill.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Yeah be careful with this. While some proctors may allow an exception, the rules are clear about what is allowed and a backpack is not listed.
    Yep. always err on the side of caution. I wouldn't risk bringing a backpack!
  • bjphillips5bjphillips5 Alum Member
    1137 karma
    And bring your ziplock with you when you take practice tests too! It actually becomes a source of comfort...like your trusty weapons to fight LSAT evil. :)