Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

@BruiserWoods, here's your peptalk!

runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
edited June 2016 in General 2481 karma
You spent months not only putting in all the work, but also sharing your experience and wisdom and touching so many of us on 7Sage. And you spent this past week watching us go through relief and anxiety and hope and freakouts, while you had to still stand quietly on your start line and wait for your own GO! whistle to blow.
You got through that and you're still kind and funny. You felt the pressure and didn't crack - as much as it tried, the LSAT's got nothing on you!

There's a reason the Elite athletes run on their own and not with the recreational masses - so all the spectators can concentrate fully on cheering them on. Brittany, you're our Elite athlete, and we're all here, ready to cheer you on tomorrow!

Comments

• Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    It ain’t even a thing. You got this @BruiserWoods !
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    @BruiserWoods Go Brittany!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @BruiserWoods pull an Elle Woods-179!! :D
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    This right here is why 7sage forum destroys TLS. Bruiser Lives! Kick butt, Brittany!
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    @BruiserWoods GET THAT MONEY
  • bjphillips5bjphillips5 Alum Member
    1137 karma
    @BruiserWoods Thanks for all your help and advice from me and all the others at 7sage! :)

Even when you conquer the LSAT, I know you'll conquer it kindly.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    damn right
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    I have no idea what you're all talking about, but...you got this @BruiserWoods !!! (whatever "this" is - because, let's be honest, you're capable of anything!)
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    @MrSamIam said:
    I have no idea what you're all talking about, but...you got this
    She's taking the LSAT tomorrow instead of past Monday, because that's what the LSAC apparently does with some people who are granted accommodations.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    @runiggyrun Ah that makes sense! Jeez, I'm really out of the loop. Sorry guys and gals, I'm blaming this one on LG fool proofing.
    Anyhow, goodluck @BruiserWoods !! Go kick the LSATs butt!
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @BruiserWoods Your spunk & determination is awesome and I am so thankful to be a part of your world!
    You have worked your ass off and wish you all the best tomorrow:)
    Love, T
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    You got this, Brit! You've got mad gains skills in both weightlifting and the LSAT. You go, girl.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
  • Chipster StudyChipster Study Yearly Member
    893 karma
    @"bruiserwoods" Once again, it is just a bunch of paper and a pencil. No way it can hurt your or anybody. Just do your best Katherine Hepburn imitation and let your cool brilliance flow over that test.
  • cmelman95cmelman95 Alum Member
    730 karma
    slayyyy queeen
  • BruiserWoodsBruiserWoods Member Inactive ⭐
    1706 karma
    OMG YALL I AM CRYING BLESS ALL YOUR SOULS! I finished that thang about 3 hours ago. Finally coming out of the fog now. I feel pretty good about it. Waiting those extra 4 days to take my test was excruciating. No doubt.

I'm so relieved it's over and I'm so happy for my 7Sage family. I did my best to #ellewoods that thang. Now I'm back to waiting with yall! <3 yall so muchhhhh
    27822 karma
    Congrats! Now relax!
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    Congrats and welcome back to the fold of the waiting crowd!
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    Congratulations @BruiserWoods, I'm sure you must be relieved to have it over.

I'm curious, has anyone been so nervous/excited the night before the exam that it is hard to relax & get to sleep? If so what did you do that helped?
    1706 karma
    @runiggyrun THANKS!!!! I'm so grateful for this beautiful post. Yall are the best. I actually feel really good about my administration!! But it's making me feel like I'm overconfident.

Either way, I'm happy it's over because waiting was awful while everyone else was done. :/
    1196 karma
    I'm sure you did great, don't let yourself get psyched out about it. You worked hard & did your best & you were ready!
    27822 karma
    @Sheri123 said:
    I'm curious, has anyone been so nervous/excited the night before the exam that it is hard to relax & get to sleep? If so what did you do that helped?
    Yeah, this is pretty common. I take Zquil a couple of hours before I plan on going to sleep, making sure that it’s early enough that it’s completely worn off by morning.
  • stepharizonastepharizona Alum Member
    3197 karma
    @BruiserWoods said:
    I actually feel really good about my administration!!
    YES!!!!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    I'm so excited for the June takers scores to be released! lol @BruiserWoods do you think your score will be released the same day as the rest of the folks?
    1706 karma
    @montahar from what I'm hearing from other accommodated test takers and sages, it seems I'll get my score at the same time as others. :)
  • LARamsNationLARamsNation Member
    592 karma
    @BruiserWoods with the #vision. Congrats on taming the beast..
    1706 karma
    @LARamsNation lets not get too optimistic just yet. You know how it goes.
    1196 karma
    Just curious if anyone else felt a pretty significant shift in trend on this last exam?
    1706 karma
    @Sheri123 what you mean?
    1196 karma
    @"BruiserWoods you know how there is a distinct shift of the PTs from the 50s-60s & 60s-70s, to me the shift seemed substantial from the other 70s to this one.
    1706 karma
    Yeah mine had a slightly different feel, but, fortunately, it seemed really straightforward and didn't seem to attack my weaknesses as much as some of the other 70s.
    1196 karma
    I felt like I did ok & felt pretty confident about most of my answers but still walked away not knowing how I did where as on the other ones I have really been able tell.
    27822 karma
    @Sheri123 I wonder how the fall in LS applicants might affect this? With significantly fewer test takers, maybe that could skew the test in a slightly easier direction?

Or, maybe 7Sage just represents a disproportionally high number of top scorers. I'm sure we do actually. I'd be curious to see those numbers.
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    I think we're a very unrepresentative sample of the LSAT taking population. Not only in the sense of score range, but also possessing a deep understanding of the test and evolving trends through the years
    1196 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" Hasn't there actually been an increase in law school applications?
    27822 karma
    @Sheri123 I may be completely mistaken but what I'd read was that the number had really bottomed out as of a few years ago. It may have increased, but it still hasn't caught back up to what it was 5/6 years ago. I think law programs are actually in a bit of a crisis because of it.

And that's great news for us. Programs are really having to fight for competitive students because the field is so thin. (Similarly, the job market will be thinned when we graduate.)

Can anyone else confirm? I hope I wasn't looking at out of date data.
  • Nicole HopkinsNicole Hopkins Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4344 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:

Can anyone else confirm? I hope I wasn't looking at out of date data.
    Analysis is generally correct: applications have been down for years, leading schools to either cut down class size or lower standards for admission (or both). Does that put us at an advantage? Strong applicants would have been and continue to be strong. Weaker applicants were and continue to be more or less a crap shoot. So everyone still needs to send in the most competitive application possible.
    27822 karma
    Thanks Nicole!