Do you say "L-S-A-C/T" or "EL-SACK/SAT"?

inactiveinactive Alum Member
in General 12637 karma
Just for fun, because I noticed both my wife and I say LSAC/LSAT differently. I go the "word" approach and sat ELSAT, where she goes the letter approach and says L-S-A-T.

What do you do?

Comments

• rakinalikhanrakinalikhan Alum Member
    329 karma
    i do the ELSACK/SAT way. just easier to say imo
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    I think that's my reasoning too. When I try to sound out the letters, it just sounds off to me.
  • Accounts PlayableAccounts Playable Live Sage
    3107 karma
    I sometimes go back and forth between ELSACK and L-S-A-C. I've always called it the ELSAT unless I'd get mad. Then I'd call it the LSHIT
    12637 karma
    @"Accounts Playable" said:
    I've always called it the ELSAT unless I'd get mad. Then I'd call it the LSHIT
  • rakinalikhanrakinalikhan Alum Member
    329 karma
    LSAC: Life Sucks A lot Continuously.
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    edited August 2016 23929 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" you are king of the gifs! Where do you get them I have to know ?

I say "ELSAT"
    But, I say L-S-A-C for the LSAC. I'm not sure why to be honest...I don't think I have ever said the word LSAC, I've only written it, so maybe I am wrong in how I *think* I say it.
    12637 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    Where do you get them I have to know ?

@"Alex Divine" said:
    I've only written it, so maybe I am wrong in how I *think* I say it.
    Say it out loud and find out!
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    Lsac- ehlsak
    Lsat- ehlsat
    A few years ago I used to call it lsats.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    Yeah I feel pretty strongly about ELSACK/SAT. It's half the work which means it's twice as good. I'm all about packing a lot of meaning into as little as possible.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited August 2016 11542 karma
    I'm El-sac and El-sat either way is fine but I have a pet peeve of people saying "the lsats"
    11542 karma
  • 181please181please Member
    171 karma
    El Diablo. Elsack/sat
  • danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Elsat even though I typically cannot stand anything even remotely related to abbreviations. @montaha.rizeq I too shudder at the sound of "the lsats."
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    Yeah I feel pretty strongly about ELSACK/SAT. It's half the work which means it's twice as good. I'm all about packing a lot of meaning into as little as possible.
    OK, it's official -- I am joining the ELsack side. It is half the work so it only makes sense!
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    Join our side @"Alex Divine" #TeamElSacOfShit
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    Say it out loud and find out!
    Yeah, I definitely was saying the L-S-A-C. The good news is I realized the error in my ways and have converted to ELsack. It feels right!
    11542 karma
    @danielznelson I've tried to ration and justify why people add the "s" at the end....but I simply cannot tolerate. IT MAKES NO SENSE.
    11542 karma
    @"Alex Divine" said:
    It feels right!
    YES!
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @montaha.rizeq said:
    @danielznelson I've tried to ration and justify why people add the "s" at the end....but I simply cannot tolerate. IT MAKES NO SENSE.
    OMG! When people say "EL-SATS" ....

It just makes me angry for no reason, lol.
    edited August 2016 1762 karma
    If I really think about it, the s at the end makes it sound more friendly. Well, friendlier than Lsat. Almost minimalizing it. I stopped saying lsats after my first actual take when I found out my wack score.
    12637 karma
    Funny enough, I was listening to the proctor voice that J.Y. did and he said "L-S-A-C" and I kind of sat there for a moment going "Huh? Is that how you say it?" and that's when I made this thread.
    11542 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" haha! I noticed that too! I attributed it to him just being a proper proctor because that's how my proctor always says it. El-sac is the street name obviously lol
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    Everyone I know, including those who have no interested in attending law school pronounce it "El-Sat." LSAC is pronounced "Organization-that-needs-to-reissue-PDFs-NOW" or something like that.
    edited August 2016 1762 karma
    @MrSamIam Have you tried ripping apart the binding of the 10 actuals? They come apart nicely.
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    2086 karma
    @nanchito I have, that is the method I am using now. I'm just a little sour over the fact that they actually banned PDFs.
  • BinghamtonDaveBinghamtonDave Alum Member 🍌🍌
    8689 karma
    there is a guy at my gym that says "El-SATS" and I've always wondered why the "S"...?
    11542 karma
    @David3389 said:
    why the "S"...?
    It's sooooooo disrespectful! You don't hear anyone say "How's the MCATs going for ya?" or "hey pal, how is the GREs treatin' ya?"