Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suddenly it all clicks

rakinalikhanrakinalikhan Alum Member
in General 329 karma
im trying to understand why it is such that after a while of scoring in the same range on a section or the entire test, all of a sudden it just all "clicks" and makes sense. like for the longest time ive consistently been struggling with the Logical Reasoning section and no matter how hard i tried i was routinely scored single digits, double digits if im lucky. Now when i do a LR section i can not only score 17-18 consistently, but when im reading questions and looking for answer choices i can notice an answer choice and (mentally) go "yup, thats the right answer" without hesitation or self doubt. This little phenomena i find to be perplexing because it wasnt like i was studying even more, or revising. i just stopped studying all together for a month and a half (i know i shouldnt have, with the lsat coming up), and now got back to it. im sure some of y'all have experienced something similar so what do y'all think it happens like that?

Comments

• danielznelsondanielznelson Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    4181 karma
    Good! This is common and not just among those studying for the LSAT. Taking breaks from practicing serves in tennis, for example, can help tremendously in your ability to rid yourself of bad habits and to naturally implement what you know you should be doing.

https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/help/breaks.cfm

• Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    Yay, I'm so happy for you! Keep doing what you're doing, and you're bound to see improvement.
    Breaks are necessary to keep you grounded and rested.
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    @rakinalikhan how long was your break? i may need a break myself but i am so hesitant
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    That's what's up! Congratulations
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    @rakinalikhan Yes! It happens and I've yet to find anyone that can explain it! It's weird. Congrats to you! Don't ask any questions, just take it and run with it!
  • rakinalikhanrakinalikhan Alum Member
    329 karma
    @nanchito thank you so much! i put so much time and energy into the lsat all at once and combined with summer school i just got burned out. i think it was needed :)
    329 karma
    @Nina_Lucas i took a month and a half break. its so odd like i would have thought i would have forgotten some things by now but i didnt!. thankfully im writing the lsat again in december so if i dont do well on septembers i can focus for that one :)
    329 karma
    thank you @tanes256! i hope to build on that momentum. 2 more weeks till test day omg
  • MrSamIamMrSamIam Inactive ⭐
    edited September 2016 2086 karma
    You'll hear this time and time again, the LSAT is "masterable." That's just a fancy way of saying "You can kick the LSAT's butt if you try hard enough."
    With every section on the LSAT, exposure + learning from prior mistakes = increase in mastery. That "it all clicks" feeling is simply your newfound understanding and mastery of the LSAT - in your case, LR.
    The more you expose yourself to the LSAT, the more you'll begin to pick up on the writers' subtle tricks and the structure of each question type.
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    @rakinalikhan good luck!!! @MrSamIam YES!
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @MrSamIam said:
    You'll hear this time and time again, the LSAT is "masterable." That's just a fanct way of saying "You can kick the LSAT's butt if you try hard enough."
    With every section on the LSAT, exposure + learning from prior mistakes = increase in mastery. That "it all clicks" feeling is simply your newfound understanding and mastery of the LSAT - in your case, LR.
    The more you expose yourself to the LSAT, the more you'll begin to pick up on the writers' subtle tricks and the structure of each question type.
    This times one thousand.
  • Not Ralph NaderNot Ralph Nader Alum Member Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2098 karma
    ESL student here, just want to add, it is like learning a language, one day I woke up and turned the TV on and suddenly (after two yeas of practice) I could understand it all. Same feeling happened to me for LG section when I hit -0. Congrats and enjoy the feeling not many people are dedicated enough to experience it :)
  • AlexAlex Alum Member
    23929 karma
    @MrSamIam said:
    Absolutely this ^

Congrats! I had a moment with things clicking for me with RC recently. It feels so good to see it all coming together. I tend to think of LSAT progress as coming in jumps rather than little incremental steps. I was missing 6 LR per section and then all of the sudden my number of misses were halved in what almost seemed overnight. I just saw right through the wrong answers.

• Saldamando150Saldamando150 Member
    89 karma
    yea the same thing just happened to me, I was scoring between 160-165 and even got a 158 like 2 weeks ago. took five days off and just hung out and slept in and last pt I did got a 173. I don't know what happened but im thinking breaks must be a good thing lol