Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official September LSAT Discussion Thread

Comments

• twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    I just saw this on another thread and it reminded me - did anyone else sense a "typo" on the nurse anesthetist question?
  • Charlie MusickCharlie Musick Alum Member
    edited September 2016 44 karma
    Unlike everyone else, the Virus game didn't bother me nearly as much as the second game. I wasted way to much time on that game :(

Lol Laquer. That wasn't a fun reading passage but I don't think the questions were particularly hard.

Had three LR. Two of them I breezed through. One, I had to guess on 2-3 questions. Hopefully, that was the experimental.

Of the 2 that I didn't have much trouble with, one had the question about journalists and entertainment. Chess was in one of those two.
  • hufflepuffhufflepuff Free Trial Member
    edited September 2016 70 karma
    Viruses threw me off a bit as I was reading but I ended up quite enjoying it once I got the hang of it. Definitely a tougher one though.

LR Chess wasn't experimental, not sure about the journalists and entertainment question
  • GumpBraveGumpBrave Free Trial Member
    10 karma
    @Kateryna said:
    If you could score on the chart of difficulty each of the 4 sections what would you give them?
    Using JY scale : 1 -- being the easiest, 5 being the toughest
    1st LR: 2, 3nd LR: 3 RC: 4 LG:4-5 experimental LG:3 I was pretty upset that the LG I nailed was experimental.
  • KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma
    @abmustephan LG had 23 questions.
    984 karma
    @abmustephan one of LR was 25. i did not have experimental.
  • afelsafaafelsafa Alum Member
    edited September 2016 164 karma
    @Kateryna said:
    one of LR was 25. i did not have experimental.
    Do you remember any questions from that section? And do you definitely remember ANY questions from your 26 question LR?
    edited September 2016 984 karma
    @abmustephan All I remember that the 26 question LR first question was about monkeys. I also remember 100% that one LR had 25 questions, as I payed attention to the number of questions specifically.
  • Charlie MusickCharlie Musick Alum Member
    44 karma
    @abmustephan

I had the same layout. Do you remember anything from the 1st LR? That was the one I had a bit of trouble finishing.
    10 karma
    @abmustephan said:
    Do you remember any questions from that section? And do you definitely remember ANY questions from your 26 question LR?
    I wanna say that that one included a question about
    @abmustephan said:

I think that that section included a bit about macaque monkeys less than a week old. Don't quote me on that though. I think that same section included a bit about political demagogues.
    984 karma
    yeap, political demagogues. it was a tough question for me
  • CalPoliSciCalPoliSci Member
    236 karma
    I definitely had a macaque monkeys LR question, and it's definitely real because my exp was RC.
    10 karma
    Both were definitely real sections, but I think they were both in the 26 question LR. This is a scattered recollection.
  • lisa.h.long2016lisa.h.long2016 Free Trial Member
    edited September 2016 2 karma
    Does any one think the writing sample is hard? Is it matter for me to write cap or lower case?
    984 karma
    @GumpBrave one was 25 for sure. i checked it on mine specifically after doing a couple questions, to make sure i fit on time. it was 25 questions long. i did not have LR as experimental
  • DEC_LSATDEC_LSAT Alum Member
    760 karma
    @rmshirk22 where was your location? city/center
  • ethaaaanethaaaan Alum Member
    276 karma
    I feel like I should remember this from June, but was there a survey on the inside of the test booklet anywhere? The only question I remember answering was about the test prep materials/methods. Our proctor ran through the answer sheet/booklet instructions super fast, so I could have missed something. Will this be an issue with scoring, release timeliness?
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    @Helvetica Please send me corrections then!
    984 karma
    @remooooved i did not see any of that, my proctor gave us plenty of time. i did double check everything. so i would guess there was none of that
    984 karma
    when will the 76 lsat be released?
  • skaplan9190skaplan9190 Alum Member
    137 karma
    @kazrah said:

Virus game rekt me; I'm finding solace in reading everyone else's rage about it. It was my last game, and I took a few minutes during the writing sample to redraw the whole game. Found out how to solve it but it was way after the fact.
    @kazrah if I can ask, how did you figure it out after? I was trying to do the same but couldn't.. not sure if that's something that can be discussed in general terms but I'm racking my brain trying to figure out that game still...
  • lsatblitzlsatblitz Alum Member
    521 karma
    I got two RC sections, so that blows. I probably did pretty poorly on the real one, but hoping for the best?

Also, I took the test in a huge room with a lot of people. At least 5 people (per section) asked to leave the room mid-section for a bathroom break. That really surprised and sort of threw me off for a few seconds each time. It blows my mind that people can just leave like that.
  • Prosecutor23Prosecutor23 Alum Member
    6 karma
    Yes, I got a passage about a lacquer artist also. Oh and I got a logic game about computer viruses that one definitely threw me off. I also got two reading sections which was a blessing!!!
  • tofuspeedstartofuspeedstar Alum Member
    edited September 2016 139 karma
    I had the experimental LG featuring something about new hires/trainers, and days off.

I thought LR2 was insanely difficult with some very confusing questions up front and midend (political demogauges? •_____•)

RC, ol laquer is the bane.

LG was a breeze til the virus game...but I took JY's advice, put my pencil down and took a breath for a second. Was able to finish it pretty much. I guessed on 1 question.

I feel like they took 77 games and 78 RC and made it 1/2 of 79 lol...and threw in some reallly tricky LR Qs

My guess is 12-14 curve. Hoping for 14.

Those of you feeling down about it. Just take a few days, let it sink in and register for December! This was my 3rd go so I'm out (though my 1st attempt was in 2012..so I could register again)

Being an accommodated test taker and blindsided with that extra fifth section without appropriate time to petition for the correct accommodations sort of sucked a lot.
    edited September 2016 139 karma
    My writing sample included the phrase "go big or go home" LOL.
    edited September 2016 984 karma
    @tofuspeedstar second LR WAS insaney hard. i blanked on political demagogues.
    139 karma
    @Kateryna yeah I blanked out reading it and just skipped it. Came back after I finished with like a minute left and guessed.
    984 karma
    does anybody know when this lsat be available to public? to purchase/analyze? also when will the scale be announced?
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    edited September 2016 11542 karma
    @lisa.h.long2016 said:
    Does any one think the writing sample is hard?
    I've seen a few complaints about the WS. weird. they're usually not bad. But don't worry, law schools don't really weigh the WS in your app.
  • peteyj42peteyj42 Free Trial Member
    67 karma
    Yo, those people that got the experimental LG section with the new hires and weeks off: did you solve it? It is the only game I've ever had that I couldn't do anything. I had 8 minutes left and guessed every question. Viruses was merciful by comparison after that nightmare.
  • HelveticaHelvetica Free Trial Member
    edited September 2016 10 karma
    Removed. Too detailed.
    984 karma
    does anybody know when this lsat be available to public? to purchase/analyze? also when will the scale be announced?
  • HelveticaHelvetica Free Trial Member
    10 karma
    @Kateryna they will disclose the questions to the people who took the test to show them which questions they got right/missed, and this test should be available for purchase after the December exam is administered.
    984 karma
    @Helvetica i took the test, will i have the disclosed test at the day when the score is released? or will i have access to it earlier? do you know when the curve scale be announced?
  • leejayleeleejaylee Alum Member
    edited September 2016 218 karma
    23 for LG, 26 for LR, 25 for LR, 27 for RC. The basic =) Everyone forget about how you did now. You guys all deserve a break, and whether or not you hit your target score, be proud of yourself for writing one of the hardest (in my opinion) standardized testings the world has to offer.

7sage, I thank you for being awesome, and will be back once grey day hits!
  • antoinejulianantoinejulian Free Trial Member
    8 karma
    Where is the option for both "As difficult as any other LSAT. I was well prepared." and "Kill Me."
  • celine_qysceline_qys Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    Does anyone have a LR section starting with a question regarding the comparison between written and digitalized information?
  • CMacLenny84CMacLenny84 Member
    9 karma
    @peteyj42 Couldn't have said it better... It was the first time I've stared at a page and felt paralyzed. I thought I was surely the only one.
  • graceboyangraceboyan Member
    19 karma
    Checking in from the Sunday Asia LSAT (I took it in Seoul)! My test was LR/LG/LR/RC/LR.

Our logic games section had a circle game in it. Kill me. I saw that and immediately froze, but once I set up a little spoked wheel game board, the questions weren't too difficult. There were one other game that I thought was sort of difficult though, it was a hybrid sequencing-grouping game about an artist's installations in certain cities and which installations were to be supervised. The other two were grouping games IIRC. And I wanted an easy sequencing game so badly...

I felt our RC was pretty easy, especially compared to the horror stories I heard from the North America LSAT. We had passages on women's rights in the French Revolution, aesthetic appreciation of sports, common law and international law in Belize, and the "theory of everything"/linear vs. chaotic systems.

Overall, not too bad. My only concern is LG, simply because I can't remember much of it it - my brain has already blacked out all the memories, or something. Hopefully the autopilot taught to me by 7sage was good enough to keep my head above water, though! Really hoping for that magic 170.
  • kazrahkazrah Alum Member
    158 karma
    @skaplan9190

Ugh I still remember the exact rules lol, even after trying to forget about the disaster that was this test.

Well in general terms, it was a trap to try to map out possible game worlds
    But there were 2 key constraints that could be deduced, and those made the questions much easier. One of the questions forces you to deduce one of the constraints.

I really should have done the 5 second meditation trick for that game.
  • karlxia823karlxia823 Free Trial Member
    4 karma
    Hi, had 3 LRs as well. wondering if the LR with the question about mexican quartz marsk as well as question about AI making good music (same section) was real or not
  • solkriossolkrios Free Trial Member
    140 karma
    Did anyone take it in Europe? Any idea which was the LG experimental?
  • yankees783yankees783 Free Trial Member
    9 karma
    @solkrios I took in Europe as well, though I also had two LG so I am not sure which one was experimental. From the message boards I have seen so far, it seems like everyone who took it in Europe had two LG.

Did anyone who took it in Europe only have one LG? If so, it would be helpful if they could confirm which one was the real LG.
  • djsfdjsf Free Trial Member
    12 karma
    Was just curious, will the curves be different for each region?
  • peteyj42peteyj42 Free Trial Member
    67 karma
    @CMacLenny84 I went LG/LR/RC/LG/LR and the FIRST one was the experimental section with the new hires game that absolutely wrecked me (again 8 minutes no deductions or progress on questions). Went into 2 and 3 thinking, "well I guess I'll retake in December." When I got to 4 and saw another LG I was so ridiculously pumped, even though I thought there was almost no chance that they put an experimental section first, I was going nuts with excitement. Viruses tempered that excitement, but I laughed like a madman after I heard that was the real section.
  • ThePaperChaseThePaperChase Free Trial Member
    75 karma
    I had 3 LR and trying to figure out whether these questions were part of the experimental:

- The one where two people are talking and the dude "misunderstood" a word and the topic is regarding zoning and development
    - The one where it's a Role question and it starts off like "Democracy requires..." and then "Therefore..." and then "For...." And the question asks what the role of the "Democracy requires..." was. Can't remember the content, just how the sentences started
    - The one where two people are talking and one of them says that a guy in the company is the worst quality checker out of all three, because half of the defected products came back were under his supervision. Then the second person responds about how much the dude checks in total.

Can anyone help out? If my question is too specific, please edit/delete/let me know.
  • beth.flandersbeth.flanders Alum Member
    212 karma
    75 karma
    @beth.flanders Yes, I know, but my impression is that this forum is for us to figure out which q's were experimental or not, and then Dillon will compile the master list on the other thread. In any case, I don't see any of the questions I was asking about on the list so far, except for Misunderstanding the Meaning of the Word.
    75 karma
    @tofuspeedstar said:
    My writing sample included the phrase "go big or go home" LOL.
    That's hilarious because I included the phrase "Slow and steady wins the race"
  • beth.flandersbeth.flanders Alum Member
    212 karma
    @ThePaperChase, but your question on the Misunderstanding the Meaning of the Word was a real section not experimental which i thought was one of your questions. Sorry if i misunderstood your question.