Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official September LSAT Discussion Thread

Comments

• KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma
    @ThePaperChase i had all of those on my two LR sections. all of them were real
  • KevinSageKevinSage Alum Member
    260 karma
    @tofuspeedstar said:
    My writing sample included the phrase "go big or go home" LOL.
    LMAO

Carlene Boulevard or GTFO
  • mk940808mk940808 Alum Member
    209 karma
    @tofuspeedstar @ThePaperChase I said "go big or go home" too!! and i had big sean playing in my head while writing it :D
  • gooklokigookloki Free Trial Member
    2 karma
    How about that writing prompt! What you think!? Also, Notice many NA and Paradox questions overboard... I figured maybe (8-NA) and about (5-Paradox) Anyone else??
  • smarchandsmarchand Free Trial Member
    15 karma
    @tofuspeedstar I said both "no risk no reward" and "no pain no gain" in mine. Pretty sure I was influenced by the bodybuilding RC there haha
  • dllaonehaodllaonehao Free Trial Member
    10 karma
    I have like a blurr on the two decisions.. Trying to recall.. LSAT BLURR
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    edited September 2016 5120 karma
    @ThePaperChase Those questions stood out to me as well:(
  • tofuspeedstartofuspeedstar Alum Member
    139 karma
    I did have JY's voice in my head most of the test. When I'd cross out wrong answers I'd say something in my head along the lines of "what, this just makes no sense" or "so what who cares?"
  • Thankyou7Thankyou7 Free Trial Member
    24 karma
    Hey anyone that did the virus game I got a question about it if you can please pm me
  • IsabellaIsabella Alum Member
    3 karma
    @gookloki , same! and so many MSS question types. I thought the distribution of question types on this exam was really bizarre.

@tofuspeedstar , me too! haha
    10 karma
    @Isabella Yes.. noticed many MSS.. heavy on correlation/causation flaws.. u notice? hopefully it wasnt just me hahaha... I think there were a total of like 2 parellel and one main point. besides that. It was tough. flaw questions were also heavy
  • Cayenne43Cayenne43 Alum Member
    195 karma
    How many questions were in the real LG? 22 or 23?
    10 karma
    i believe
    10 karma
    @Thankyou7 pmed u
  • Glad2livByGlad2livBy Free Trial Member
    9 karma
    @lena.bruce I had an exp. Game so I really could not tell...
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    The "misunderstood" question only just now came back to me. That was a really tough one!
  • westcoastbestcoastwestcoastbestcoast Alum Member
    3788 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" yeah. I had to a do a double take on that. I think i figured it out but took longer than i wouldve liked.
    260 karma
    @gookloki said:
    Notice many NA and Paradox questions overboard
    I swear thats all I remember from the LR sections.. bizarre
    260 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" said:
    The "misunderstood" question only just now came back to me. That was a really tough one!
    Just remembered it too, it was tough. I remember reading it over like 3 times then finally seeing where they misunderstood.
    984 karma
    @KevinSage @"Cant Get Right" could you drop me a hint in pm on where was the misunderstanding?
    260 karma
    @Kateryna don't think we can do that /:
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    I went back to the "misunderstood" question 3 times - and changed my answer after trying a different look - really curious when the test is released if I finally got it...
    984 karma
    @twssmith do you know when the test be released?
    984 karma
    @twssmith is the pt 79 itself be available before scores are released for those who took the test?
  • SamiSami Live Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    10774 karma

I was wondering the same thing. When will PT 79 be released so I can take it?
    10 karma
    I AM FRREAKING OUT TO THE MAX!!! WHAT IS EVERYONE TALKING ABOUT THIS MISUNDERSANDING WORD QUESTION..... DID I MISS IT COMPLETELY??? CAN ANYONE FRESHEN MY MEMORY>... PLEASE
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    I am not sure but I know that JY and other companies get a copy of the PT when scores are released:( I am pretty sure it is somewhere in the forums when June '16 was released - if I can find it - will post:)
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    edited September 2016 5120 karma
    @dllaonehao I know it is really hard post-test stress! (No need to do all caps:) We are trying to be very careful about discussing details of the test which is strictly forbidden by LSAC:(

Edited to add - maybe you got the question from the get-go so it wasn't even on your radar:)
    984 karma
    @dllaonehao there were two speakers which disagreed, kinda very familiar type of LR question, and the question was about misunderstanding about two speakers.
    maybe as @twssmith pointed out you were ready for it, and did not even pay attention that much cause answer was easy for you
    10 karma
    @Kateryna Thank YOU! also, @twssmith mentioned that their was a simm problem on PT 77. Would you know what question? Im on the hunt!
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @dllaonehao Not a similar problem - a possible similar flaw issue.
    10 karma
    Thank you!
  • CalPoliSciCalPoliSci Member
    236 karma
    Does anyone have an idea when JY will be able to have a full explanation up for PT79? Do you think it'll be before the Dec. 3 test?
  • CalPoliSciCalPoliSci Member
    236 karma
    @twssmith wow, according to that link, we can get our LSAT scores as soon as October 14 this year.
    984 karma
    @CalPoliSci 99% likely explanations will not be up till december
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27809 karma
    Yeah, I don't even remember what the word was, so can't be of any help on that even if I could. I think I got it in the end but will definitely be keeping an eye out for it when tests come back.

And yeah, it's probably a good sign that you don't remember it @dllaonehao .

Hard to say about explanations up before December. 78 was up way before September, but obviously there's not nearly as much time on this one.
  • LSATTTTTTTTLSATTTTTTTT Alum Member
    84 karma
    Can anyone confirm that Asia test takers get the same experimental sections? I had 3LR in Asia, and thought that one was much harder than the others, but I don't recognize any of the questions that you're posting from the sections.
  • SprinklesSprinkles Alum Member
    11542 karma
    @ThePaperChase said:
    @tofuspeedstar said:
    My writing sample included the phrase "go big or go home" LOL.
    That's hilarious because I included the phrase "Slow and steady wins the race"

LMAOOO
  • Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    2301 karma
    @ThePaperChase Does that mean you also picked Hilltop? Please say I am not the only person who went with safety.
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @ThePaperChase & @Daniel.Sieradzki Hilltop vs Carlisle?
  • Daniel.SieradzkiDaniel.Sieradzki Member Sage
    edited September 2016 2301 karma
    Hilltop. I argued that the company should work its way up to big projects and not risk it all at once. They should go with a medium project after Hilltop. It is neat that this WS has gotten so much attention. It actually feels like part of the test :)
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    Yes @Daniel.Sieradzki exactly they had all to lose with little to gain but if took Hilltop they could increase infrastructure for future larger projects and that was even dependent on being able to complete the project under budget and on time! Despite the goals and that it was hard to break the barrier into being respected for larger jobs, I said the exact same argument to work towards medium projects. I wish I had said that the other job was like a "Hail Mary" pass in football when they were not in a do-or-die situation:)
  • ThePaperChaseThePaperChase Free Trial Member
    75 karma
    @Daniel.Sieradzki said:
    Does that mean you also picked Hilltop? Please say I am not the only person who went with safety.
    @twssmith Yes! Hilltop all the way. I talked about how they could use the saved money from Hilltop for investing in heavy equipment for larger and larger projects down the road w/o risking their hard-earned, good reputation.
  • ThePaperChaseThePaperChase Free Trial Member
    75 karma
    @twssmith said:
    Those questions stood out to me as well:(
    Damn it.. I can't believe they were all real. I have a really good feeling I got all of them wrong. Some normally "easy" type of questions were hard! (role, describe, discrepancy)
    984 karma
    omg my writing sample did not include the stuff that you guys are talking about. i had a construction company. thats so weird
  • Ron SwansonRon Swanson Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    1650 karma
    Anyone remember the # of questions per game in the LG? I remember the first had 5 and the last had 6; unsure of the middle 2.

Apologies in advance if this breaks rules for being too specific, feel free to remove or I'll edit myself.
  • ChrisN21ChrisN21 Alum Member
    112 karma
    Hi all. Quick question - this may be rhetorical, but the proctor told me in a jokingly and nifty way might I add, that I will know which section is purely experimental based on how "easy" it is. Thoughts? Any validity here? I may still be recovering from Saturday so excuse me if I seem paranoid haha. I received three LR sections. Really thought I excelled in a specific section and am hoping it may have been non-experimental.

Please remove comment if deemed necessary. Lastly, #TeamHilltop
  • jennilynn89jennilynn89 Alum Member
    822 karma
    @netniss21 I've only taken one test so far, but this seems to be true. I had an experimental LG and it was so EASY and I was so stupid to think that I was just that good and that it must've been the real section, when I got hit with the real thing and it was ridiculously hard.
  • melloishmelloish Free Trial Member
    59 karma
    My exam order was LG,LR, RC (Break), LG, LR. My current issue is that one of the LG sections I felt okay in and the other was awful. I do not remember anything but the letters for each game and therefore do not know which one was the experimental section. Does anyone know how many forms there are for each test, a friend of mine had the same set up and she said the first LG was experimental. I was just wondering if that would also indicate my first LG was also experimental.