Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official September LSAT Discussion Thread

Comments

• 224 karma
    I got two LG sections and actually thought the experimental section was super difficult, and at the end of the test, I had thought I had done really well on the actual LG section. But after reading through all of these blog posts, perhaps I am being naive and actually did horrible on the virus game. Ugh.... grey day could not come soon enough, the waiting is absolute agony. Looking at 7Sage discussion boards on the daily certainly does not help.

As far as the RC went, I seriously struggled. RC is always my weakest section, and by the time the 4th passage came I only had 6 minutes remaining and I probably got -4 on that section alone.

The first LR section I thought was seriously difficult, although I believe my difficulty on the section was due to test day nerves, not the difficulty of the section itself. The second section I felt was really easy. I even had a minute remaining at the end which usually never happens.

We will see though, I am anticipating a drop in score to minimum 160. So you BETTER believe I am testing again in December. Until then, Eileen Grey can go to hell, and I am going to buy a mac to avoid the possibility of ever encountering computer viruses again.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    12637 karma
    Hey guys! Does anyone remember a sand termites/"fairy circle" question for LR? Trying to figure out if it's real or experimental.
  • KaterynaKateryna Alum Member
    984 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" do not recall it.
  • theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
    1287 karma
    I took a pt test thursday and i twas my worse one yet, so i chickened out, i withdrew and decided to focus more and go for the december one, it was just too much inmy life now, getting married soon, the stress got to me, congratulations to those that took it, may all of you get 170s :)
  • ToxoplasmosisToxoplasmosis Alum Member
    233 karma
    @melloish said:
    My exam order was LG,LR, RC (Break), LG, LR. My current issue is that one of the LG sections I felt okay in and the other was awful. I do not remember anything but the letters for each game and therefore do not know which one was the experimental section. Does anyone know how many forms there are for each test, a friend of mine had the same set up and she said the first LG was experimental. I was just wondering if that would also indicate my first LG was also experimental.
    Do you remember if one of them was a bullshit computer virus-based game?
    12637 karma
    @giordanifabiano said:
    I took a pt test thursday
    Noooo! You're not supposed to score anything on your last week before the LSAT :(
    12637 karma
    @Toxoplasmosis said:
    Do you remember if one of them was a bullshit computer virus-based game?
    The computer virus game has already been confirmed as real.
  • beth.flandersbeth.flanders Alum Member
    212 karma
    @Dillion i don't recall it either.
  • Cant Get RightCant Get Right Yearly + Live Member Sage 🍌 7Sage Tutor
    27822 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" definitely nothing about fairy circles, I'm confident I'd remember that.
  • theLSATdreamertheLSATdreamer Alum Member
    1287 karma
    so heres my plan re do everything in the coruse and try december :D
  • mandamosleymandamosley Free Trial Member
    7 karma
    I can confirm that I had a sand termites, fairy circle question. I had 3 LR, 1 LG and 1 RC. I was short on time in the RC and I usually don't have problems with that so I guessed on the last 3 questions. The first two LG were so easy that the last two slapped me hard. I guessed on most of the virus question, sadly. Feeling happy it's over and trying not to stress too much before scores come out!
  • LSAT04164LSAT04164 Alum Member
    127 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright" said:
    Noooo! You're not supposed to score anything on your last week before the LSAT :(
    Personally not scoring anything on the last week gave me major anxiety. I don't think this advice truly benefits everyone haha
    984 karma
    I came back from LSAT and did one section of LR from random test, I scored like I did on my diagnostic. To say that I freak out about how I did on actual LSAT is to say nothing
    27822 karma
    You did some LR after you left the test!? You're a mad man and I like it @Kateryna !
  • 111 karma
    Does anyone remember a question about a city having to invest in some software development technology or high internet speed infrastructure if it is to remain viable? Hoping it was the experimental...
    984 karma
    @"Cant Get Right" yeap, crazy, I know.
  • dtodaizzledtodaizzle Alum Member
    58 karma
    Just took the September LSAT. I had 2 LRs, 2 RCs, and 1 LG. The LRs and the first RC weren't too bad (First one was on muscle retention, and the second one was on lacquer) But the second RC had a really tough passage on a Hollywood film director who was criticized for being a hypocrite. (The other passages in the set weren't that bad. One was on Indus Valley civilization, and an another one was on the Big Bang and multiverse.)

However, I really screwed up on the LG. By the time I got to it, my brain was already burned out. Usually games are not too bad for me, but in general, LG requires the most brain firepower. I even struggled on the first two games lol. Anyway, I am definitely gonna start PTing with five sections and making sure that I do games last.
  • ariellentbariellentb Free Trial Member
    57 karma
    Anyone take the Sabbath observer test today?
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    @Kateryna Love It!! I actually did 2 LG games later that afternoon - my brain was still racing and I had to do something with it:)
    984 karma
    @twssmith I hear you, I hear you, friend
  • midna_twilimidna_twili Free Trial Member
    56 karma
    I had 3 LR so thought I'd add in a few questions that I haven't seen mentioned yet. One talked about aliens communicating with Earth. Another talked about a benefit from eating cereal. The other was about diabetes.
    984 karma
    @midna_twili all of those are experimental
  • afelsafaafelsafa Alum Member
    164 karma
    @midna_twili was that from your 3rd LR Section?
  • midna_twilimidna_twili Free Trial Member
    edited September 2016 56 karma
    @abmustephan said:
    was that from your 3rd LR Section?
    It might have been, I can't remember whether it was section 3 or 4. I had LR, RC, LR, LR, LG.
  • karlxia823karlxia823 Free Trial Member
    4 karma
    3 LRs here as well. I've gotten a lot of feedback on reddit confirming my suspicion that the following questions were experimental: the question about Mexican stone masks with quartz residue in them and then the question about AI making good music. Could anyone else corroborate this (e.g. if you had 2 LR and don't recognize these)?
  • TheLSATTheLSAT Member
    301 karma
    The 2nd RC passage (i.e. the one about the artist) was brutal. I thought I did better than usual on LR. I probably missed 2-3 questions on LG because of the 4th game (usually -0). However, the 2nd passage on RC wrecked my nerves).
  • I cant remember the exact questions, but I remember one LR section began with a disagree question with 2 people - does anyone know if this section was real or experimental? It was my 3rd LR section.
  • runiggyrunruniggyrun Alum Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    2481 karma
    @karlxia823 said:
    3 LRs here as well. I've gotten a lot of feedback on reddit confirming my suspicion that the following questions were experimental: the question about Mexican stone masks with quartz residue in them and then the question about AI making good music. Could anyone else corroborate this (e.g. if you had 2 LR and don't recognize these)?
    Can't recall these from my 2 LR sections, so I'd go with experimental
    2481 karma
    @"midna_twili" said:
    I had 3 LR so thought I'd add in a few questions that I haven't seen mentioned yet. One talked about aliens communicating with Earth. Another talked about a benefit from eating cereal. The other was about diabetes.
    I had two LR and I'm pretty sure I remember something about intelligent aliens close by communicating with us. Also about how people who do something good (can't recall exactly what) eat cereal. I'm not sure about diabetes - there's always something on diseases, so I'd need a bit more context to remember for sure.
  • GumpBraveGumpBrave Free Trial Member
    10 karma
    @Kateryna said:
    Actually, I think they are both real. I definitely remember the communicating if within 50 lightyears question and the other sounds really familiar.
  • emilycyoung1emilycyoung1 Free Trial Member
    234 karma
    Can anyone explain how to do the virus game? Was it sequencing? I set it up like this (i am using different letters except for y since that was the weird one that was connected to r. M L H R &Y__
    I basically set it up as sequencing because I had no idea how else to set it up. Anybody else do the same?
  • lm125108lm125108 Member
    134 karma
    @GumpBrave said:
    @Kateryna said:
    Actually, I think they are both real. I definitely remember the communicating if within 50 lightyears question and the other sounds really familiar.

Yeah, I only had 2 LR and the intelligent aliens communicating with earth and the eating cereal were definitely real.
  • KevinSageKevinSage Alum Member
    260 karma
    @runiggyrun said:
    @karlxia823 said:
    Can't recall these from my 2 LR sections, so I'd go with experimental

whew, hope you're right iggy... I had 3 LR like karlxia. That mexican quartz stone mask question & that AI making good music question both killed me under timed pressure
    27822 karma
    @emilycyoung1 I don't think we can talk about it in depth enough to be able to explain how it works. I'm trying to think of a way to explain it that doesn't violate LSAC/7Sage TOS, but I'm not sure it's quite possible.

For anyone that's interested, I think we may do a BR group as soon as scores are released. We'll be able to see the test and our work and answers and everything, so I think that might be the soonest we can do it. I think score release is when we're allowed to talk about the test, so if I'm correct about that, hopefully we can crack it open then.
  • MikaAhlecia28MikaAhlecia28 Alum Member
    38 karma
    Okay, I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who thought the computer virus game was extremely difficult. I did my best, but tried to guess as well.
  • CalPoliSciCalPoliSci Member
    236 karma
    Sounds good!
  • edited September 2016 111 karma
    @runiggyrun Just a quick question, since you seemed to have only gotten 2 LRs -- do you remember having a question about success requiring hard work (flaw question, I believe)? Trying to see if that one was experimental or not... Thanks!
    2481 karma
    @7JRBG180 said:
    Just a quick question, since you seemed to have only gotten 2 LRs -- do you remember having a question about success requiring hard work (flaw question, I believe)? Trying to see if that one was experimental or not... Thanks!
    I'm so sorry to not be able to help - I don't remember a question about hard work, but it's also not one of those topics where I can say for sure I remember NOT having a question about hard work (like fairy circles - I'm sure I'd remember that, so I can say with some level of confidence that I didn't have it). Hard work is just such a "vanilla" topic, and flaw questions are also kind of unmemorable at least for me. Do you remember anything else about it?
  • 111 karma
    @runiggyrun No worries at all!! I totally agree, it is a pretty unmemorable topic lol. The stim started by mentioning how people/surveys(?) claim that success required something (good luck, I think?) and then argued that this was wrong since success actually required hard work. It was a flaw question and I think it was trying to play on sufficient/necessary confusion, but wasn't quite sure. Sorry I don't remember much else, but hopefully it might ring a bell? Really hoping it was experimental... couldn't get a grasp on it for some reason!
  • lawlawlovelylawlawlovely Alum Member
    52 karma
    @7JRBG180 I only had two LR sections and I'm pretty sure that I had that question. It's been a few days now and it's all somewhat of a blur, but I'm 90% positive that was in a real section and not experimental. Hope this helps!
    260 karma
    I keep trying to tell myself that I did well.... normally, in my PT's I'd only be able to get to 20 - 22 questions of the 25 (or 26) in LR, but on game day I was able to get to 24 or 25 for all 3 LR sections that I had, only having to guess 1 for each... Just gotta hang my hat on that ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • LSATTTTTTTTLSATTTTTTTT Alum Member
    84 karma
    Did anyone here take the test in Asia (who only had two LRs) remember the question about paleontologists using dinosaur bones to piece together a fossil? Trying really hard to figure out which section was experimental. I might cancel my scores if my first LR section was real, but I can't figure out.
  • yimeiyimei Member
    138 karma
    Some says that the section 1(LR) has 27 questions. This freaks me out because I don't remember I have bubbled 27 questions. Anyone remember?
    260 karma
    @yimei said:
    Some says that the section 1(LR) has 27 questions
    This is most likely not the case.. I promise you you would have seen a lot more people talking about a 27-question LR section.
  • yimeiyimei Member
    138 karma
    @KevinSage said:
    This is most likely not the case.. I promise you you would have seen a lot more people talking about a 27-question LR section.
    but why would they say that? It's really terrifying...
  • skaplan9190skaplan9190 Alum Member
    137 karma
    @yimei I can assure you there was no LR section with 27 questions. To my knowledge, there has never been an LR section with more than 26 questions, and if there has been it is EXTREMELY rare. If someone said that then they misspoke or confused that with the RC section, which did have 27 questions on this test (not 28 as it sometimes does). Hope that helps :)
  • yimeiyimei Member
    138 karma
    @skaplan9190 said:
    @yimei I can assure you there was no LR section with 27 questions. To my knowledge, there has never been an LR section with more than 26 questions, and if there has been it is EXTREMELY rare. If someone said that then they misspoke or confused that with the RC section, which did have 27 questions on this test (not 28 as it sometimes does). Hope that helps :)
    Thank you... This is very reassuring. :)
  • skaplan9190skaplan9190 Alum Member
    137 karma
    @yimei Glad to help!! Now go get some rest and try not to think about it too much :)
  • yimeiyimei Member
    138 karma
    @skaplan9190 said:
    Glad to help!! Now go get some rest and try not to think about it too much :)
    This is my plan :)
    2481 karma
    @7JRBG180 said:
    totally agree, it is a pretty unmemorable topic lol. The stim started by mentioning how people/surveys(?) claim that success required something (good luck, I think?) and then argued that this was wrong since success actually required hard work. It was a flaw question and I think it was trying to play on sufficient/necessary confusion, but wasn't quite sure. Sorry I don't remember much else, but hopefully it might ring a bell? Really hoping it was experimental... couldn't get a grasp on it for some reason!
    That is starting to ring a bell, actually. Survey said something else (seed money maybe?) was needed for success. So, unfortunately it was probably real.